Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Nyssa Romanas said:

Its sucks for all the other merchants and people trying to use MP. Catwa knew exactly what she was doing when she put a head that normally cost 5k on MP for 1 linden. She knew it would caused pandemonium. That's why I wont buy anything from her again.

yeah yeah we know it now.

keep calm and try tomorrow... aren't you old enough to have experienced the good old days with downtime every wednesday? (sometimes as bonus also thursday and super rare cacha fridays included?)  how did you survive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yeah yeah we know it now.

keep calm and try tomorrow... aren't you old enough to have experienced the good old days with downtime every wednesday? (sometimes as bonus also thursday and super rare cacha fridays included?)  how did you survive?

I shouldn't have to wait just because one greedy merchant thought it was a good idea to crash the MP. You do you shorty and let me worry about what upsets me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If it was given via group notices, the only problem might be that people won't be able to get updates.

Might have been a better strategy to offer both in store and mp to lighten the load, or make it available for more than a day so it reaches more people. And I'm not saying this from the perspective of "give more freebies to more people". It's more from a business/brand strategy.

When I got the Freya head, I thought it was a great head. But it disappeared completely after the gift period and its relevance was short-lived. No one really makes anything for that head now. But with the Lelutka head, that gift had a real lasting impact. It's a beautiful head that reached enough people to gain a bigger market share and has a huge presence even after it stopped being a gift.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

If it was given via group notices, the only problem might be that people won't be able to get updates.

This is a fair point actually. A combination of both sending it out via the group and via the MP would have perhaps been the best option - lightens some of the MP load, without locking anyone out who wasn't in the group etc.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Might have been a better strategy to offer both in store and mp to lighten the load, or make it available for more than a day so it reaches more people. And I'm not saying this from the perspective of "give more freebies to more people". It's more from a business/brand strategy.

When I got the Freya head, I thought it was a great head. But it disappeared completely after the gift period and its relevance was short-lived. No one really makes anything for that head now. But with the Lelutka head, that gift had a real lasting impact. It's a beautiful head that reached enough people to gain a bigger market share and has a huge presence even after it stopped being a gift.

Genus had their head in the group notices. But then they set up a vendor for it in the store, still free. That was a surprise, and I believe you can still get it, or at least it was up for free a long, long time. Very surprising indeed.

I hope they release new products soon. I heard talk about a male Genus head, but then I haven't heard more for months.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Genus had their head in the group notices. But then they set up a vendor for it in the store, still free. That was a surprise, and I believe you can still get it, or at least it was up for free a long, long time. Very surprising indeed.

I hope they release new products soon. I heard talk about a male Genus head, but then I haven't heard more for months.

As far as I know it's still there, for free just gotta join the group! It's a good head, I have for some of my rp alts. With the right skins, it can take you from baby faced to hbic. 

• Like 1

My understanding is that the last time an offer for a free head was done by Catwa there were a total of 5 regions and still people complained that they could not get the head and that it should have been put on MP.  So, put it on MP and MP goes down.  People complain.  Put it in group notices you say, but then there is no record of transaction history, so no updates or redelivery.  Catwa is in a no win situation.  She is damned if she does or doesn't.  People are going to complain for the sake of complaining.  I wonder if it was any other mesh head maker, or body maker or any other popular creator that offered something on MP for practically free in a 24 hour period and MP went down because of it would there be so many complaints?  

Edited by Cougar Sangria
Added to a sentence
  • Like 6

I think a combination of inworld and MP could lower the impact on all sides tho!

And for the question...yes people would complain, because SL...and humans...and Catwa is no special xD

And you are complaining too...about people complaining!

Everyone has the right to complain, we are a community in SL, I know some people tend to forget that! And Catwa knew what would happen, considering how old in SL she is and so on...and MP is not only for one merchant so she should have planned ahead to make it the least pita as possible for everyone else!

And still people would complain...thats just the human nature...and in SL the complaino-rex is the most spread species!! XD

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

.  Put it in group notices you say, but then there is no record of transaction history, so no updates or redelivery.  

There doesn't need to be. Once a group notice is in place, any member can go into the group notices and pick it up from there as often as they need to, for a whole two weeks.  Self-service "Redelivery" is already built-in to the way groups work.

If two weeks isn't enough to give everyone a chance then Catwa needs only to post a second notice 2 weeks after the first.

The only reason I can see for not doing this is that she won't get that L$1 per head from the 15,000 or so members who are already members of the Catwa groups, so she would lose out on about US$60. Linden Lab should bill her for more than that, to account for the downtime for everyone else. 

And the Marketplace TOS needs changing urgently.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

There doesn't need to be. Once a group notice is in place, any member can go into the group notices and pick it up from there as often as they need to, for a whole two weeks.  Self-service "Redelivery" is already built-in to the way groups work.

If two weeks isn't enough to give everyone a chance then Catwa needs only to post a second notice 2 weeks after the first.

The only reason I can see for not doing this is that she won't get that L$1 per head from the 15,000 or so members who are already members of the Catwa groups, so she would lose out on about US$60. Linden Lab should bill her for more than that, to account for the downtime for everyone else. 

And the Marketplace TOS needs changing urgently.

I understand how group notices work. After the two weeks there would be no redeliveries and more important,  no updates.  Updates would be most important.

30 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

And for the question...yes people would complain, because SL...and humans...and Catwa is no special xD

And you are complaining too...about people complaining!

Everyone has the right to complain, we are a community in SL, I know some people tend to forget that! And Catwa knew what would happen, considering how old in SL she is and so on...and MP is not only for one merchant so she should have planned ahead to make it the least pita as possible for everyone else!

And still people would complain...thats just the human nature...and in SL the complaino-rex is the most spread species!! XD

I was making an observation not a complaint.

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

aren't you old enough to have experienced the good old days with downtime every wednesday? (sometimes as bonus also thursday and super rare cacha fridays included?)  how did you survive?

Oh god.. yeah, those days.  (I always just did something else till the next day or something.)

2 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I was making an observation not a complaint.

In this case....everyone in here wass just making "obervations" xD

And for real I am not angry or such I just say she is not new to this so she knew quite what she was doing and....I totally think its ok for people complaining! Let them air their anger and vent a little, sometimes it lessens the anger when you can talk about it! So I do not see it as only bad!

Edited by Gwin LeShelle

Well I think all the complaining has to do with the short timeframe. There weren't really complaints when it came to other brands giving away free heads because they gave people plenty of time. It's just human nature to panic when there's a limited amount of anything. If you're going to do a one day thing, then be prepared for all sorts. Simple cause and effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So maybe a not totally free head, but a 499 L head available for a week would be better? It would still be a super deal.

Some said LeLutka would crash the region when they had Black Friday/weekend sale. But the heads was 1700 L, so it was a full store, but not crazy times.

Lelutka also had a free Mesh head gift for limited time at about the same time as the sale, it wasn't to hard to get, 

15 minutes ago, Tori Nova said:

Lelutka also had a free Mesh head gift for limited time at about the same time as the sale, it wasn't to hard to get, 

Yep, LeLutka was prepared for the pressure of a lot of people, and had rented several places. I believe the gift heads wasn't in the store, or were they there too?

I have spent some money on Mesh body parts and heads. 7 Catwa heads on me and my alts. All of them paid for. I have 6 mesh bodies that's not freebies on this main avatar, one of my male alts has three mesh bodies, all other alts but one has 1-2 full priced bodies each.

But I took the Freya head, even if it ended up unused. And I wanted this head too, just in case... I like free stuff even if I'm using money.

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yep, LeLutka was prepared for the pressure of a lot of people, and had rented several places. I believe the gift heads wasn't in the store, or were they there too?

I have spent some money on Mesh body parts and heads. 7 Catwa heads on me and my alts. All of them paid for. I have 6 mesh bodies that's not freebies on this main avatar, one of my male alts has three mesh bodies, all other alts but one has 1-2 full priced bodies each.

But I took the Freya head, even if it ended up unused. And I wanted this head too, just in case... I like free stuff even if I'm using money.

They had the heads at a different location, they had a LM to head at the store

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.