Knickers, or not?

Katt Lavender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the things I "rediscovered" in the absolute mess I call my inventory was a underwear set I bought about 8-9 years ago from Taste. Surprisingly it's still available on MP although their inworld store is long since gone. A bonus of adopting Baked On Mesh I've learned is being able to use some of the old system clothes, particularly underwear, I had before jumping on the Mesh body bandwagon years ago. But there's no way I'm going back to "glitch pants"!

I'm curious, when you put together that perfect outfit, a casual top and jeans, or a special dress to dance the SL night away, do you start with the foundations? A lace bralette and boyshorts under the casual top and jeans, or something to knock his, or her, socks off under that special dress?.

So please tell -  do you "layer" yourself when getting dressed in SL? Knickers (plus bra, suspender, stockings, corset, etc.) or not?

2021_Jan_045.png

• Thanks 1

If its pants or leggings or something, nope. I go commando.

Skirt or dress? If it's low or super revealing (or my goodies are camable) I'll wear a mesh C-string or a thong. If it's popping out, I'll go to BoM. Bras?! My boobs defy gravity! Don't need em...unless it goes with the outfit, then yeah.

Queen Freddie Mercury GIF - Queen FreddieMercury DefyingTheLawsOfGravity -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 2

On most days I am lazy so I just alpha everything down there and re-enact Basic Instinct lmao but recently I have rekindled my appreciation for BOM underwear, and these are my essentials:

bralette%20sale%20image%201.jpg?15946764Rose%20panties%20sale%201.jpg?1595438795

These are incredibly high quality and I love the textures. The rose bralette looks so cute layered under low-cut and plunging blouses.

I also hoarded from this brand called amicale:

muret@fatpack.jpg?1594947811soulful@fatpack.jpg?1588380998

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I wear mostly mesh panties where I can, either built-in to the outfits or that go under without poking.  I have a handful of go-to items that fit under a lot of skirts and dresses and have a range of colour options most of which are more practical than exciting.  Failing that I have some BOM underwear sets that have good options for the panties.  I don't do commando, not  deliberately anyways.  I tend to buy skirts and dresses with mesh underwear in mind and if my none of my go-to items have enough room to go under or they don't come with built-ins then often I don't buy.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Spelling
  • Like 1

Never without system undies the set I use is from the Sea Hole which unfortunately no longer exists on the marketplace. I don't really want to inflict my foof on people if I'm wearing a dress/skirt or not rezzed properly to others. Have seen too many people not fully rezzed or camming what they're wearing and they're going commando. As for stockings and such if I've got a lot of bare leg on display depending on the outfit I will wear them

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

For better or worse, people can derender your mesh clothes. Wearing system-layer underwear has more utility than you think.

And also why you should always wear a hairbase, too.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

For better or worse, people can derender your mesh clothes. Wearing system-layer underwear has more utility than you think.

Meh, I already knew this but I just don't care.  If people get their thrills that way, let them.  After all, it isn't naked pictures of the real me and as much I do like my avatar to look nice, it isn't really my body.

• Like 7

My avies pretty much always wears BOM undies these days, mostly for the aforementioned reasons of things not loading on other people's ends and to mess with potential pervs. I've noticed a lot of BOM clothing creators have no demos though, which sort of sucks as I'm not buying stuff I can't first get a look at.

Still, if I want to put lingerie on them for the sake of actually being in lingerie, mesh is better.

• Like 3

since BOM I have rediscovered what I always liked about glitch clothing in the pre-mesh days

have also resurrected my neko love affair with clothing layer shops like Sn@tch and Gawk amongst others. I also changed to using BOM tattoo layer for my skin that I got from Pink Fuel. I l always liked their skins on my neko in the olden days, still do

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Still, if I want to put lingerie on them for the sake of actually being in lingerie, mesh is better.

Oh, I agree Orwar, whatever is meant to be seen has to be mesh, be it my clothes, a bikini at the beach or even lingerie if that's what I want to be seen 'in'.

it depends.mostly on just how outrageous i am feeling. I have ben known on occasion to to out in very short skirts and nothing under them. and other times I will wear panties  I also sometimes go out with low cut jeans and the stringa of my thong showing on the sides, 

11 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Meh, I already knew this but I just don't care.  If people get their thrills that way, let them.  After all, it isn't naked pictures of the real me and as much I do like my avatar to look nice, it isn't really my body.

I believe everyone has seen us naked at the landing point anyway so it does not bother me that much as long as my wig is intact lol I just wear BOM lingerie because they add cuteness points

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

And also why you should always wear a hairbase, too.

You know, it was actually one of your old posts that got me into this habit XP

wig.jpg.8e6cb43348e891be85048959351e8ac1.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I believe everyone has seen us naked at the landing point anyway so it does not bother me that much as long as my wig is intact lol I just wear BOM lingerie because they add cuteness points

You know, it was actually one of your old posts that got me into this habit XP

wig.jpg.8e6cb43348e891be85048959351e8ac1.jpg

The one where I derender hair when I'm bored?  😅😁

• Haha 4

I went shopping at very busy events in the past month and I can report all avi's rendered naked.  I have never seen an avi in BOM undies yet, not one.

As far as me, I don't care or too busy too care.  It's an avatar.  

If I wear stockings and etc it's for the look not to feel more real nor for modesty reasons whatsoever.  There are times, however, when sitting combined with a short dress or skirt, undies should be applied.  I can see doing it because of sitting.

Edited by FairreLilette

At home it's mesh.  When out and about I wear BOM undies or I alpha out.  I was at a club recently and the female avatar in front of me was wearing a skirt that barely covered her assets.  She had a animation that made her faint spread eagle and she was wearing nothing underneath, and don't tell me she had no idea.  I'm sure the male avatars enjoyed the show.  Now when I see her at the club I just can't unsee what I saw and I derender.  Not what I want to see. 

There's really not enough detail in my skin's nether regions to worry about what people will see. If I'm wearing a mesh skirt that comes with panties, I'll wear the panties, otherwise I just alpha out what's hidden by clothing from a normal viewing angle. No hairbase for me. After seeing my naked RL skull for months after chemo, I couldn't care less if my SL noggin shows. I want my outfits to be as simple as possible, to keep my inventory count below 10K.

I do keep a couple button down BOM shirts from 12 years ago. They're useful to cover up the unwanted cleavage that creators seem to think we all want to show, even when changing engine oil in our mechanic's coveralls.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.