Knickers, or not?

Katt Lavender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

But.... eh..... the unpacking is a very important part of a present.
IMHO Nice underwear is more than just to keep the body warm.

I don't date at all though in SL.  This is my third time in SL and I came to build, so I build mostly and am often a tiny cat avatar called a Dinkie.  Would I change if I were here to date and wear undies?  Ummm, first time in SL I was a stripper, so I wore a costume with lingerie as the last layer to come off.  lol  Second time I was in SL it was for music and friends only too.  I don't date nor couple nor slex in SL; I didn't even slex when I was a stripper, actually we were encouraged not to with the clients that is;  in order to "keep them always wanting what they can't have".   We had auctions where you could bid for a date with a stripper at the club I worked at for a dance we'd hold once a month.   I am busy in other programs now, "building" for SL.  I've been on the forum a lot lately because I am just a little over three weeks post-COVID vaccination and have felt tired for about three weeks so my building ceased for awhile.  I hope to get back to building in a short time.   But, SL to me is fun and friends only.  Undies for sitting though I think should be put on but for dancing, well, I have a very minimal body skin, more like a doll anyways, and if someone is going to perve under there, I don't really care because I have other things on my mind and I just want to hang out and relax anyways.    

Usually I go to adult or moderate places so I don't worry about it.  If it's built into the outfit or if my favorite customizable mesh thongs and panties fit under a skirt without poking through I'll wear them.  Otherwise if people are camming up or derendering for a thrill whatever?  What are they going to do blackmail me?  I have seen some attempted conversation starters focusing on that it's pretty funny.

When I came into SL there were kids around and there was a lot of talk about not rendering naked when coming into a region. Now it seems it is generally not an issue.

At various events I often see avatars render body first, skin textures and all. It may be a couple of minutes or more before their clothes render. I am assuming the body mesh and the skin texture are popular enough those items are in the CDN serving my area and the clothes aren't. It has been long enough on occasion that I start to wonder if they are really nude.

And I have seen clothes fully render ahead of the body. It may stay gray for a long time.

Depending on my mood I usually don't even consider whether I am going cammando or not. However, there are places I go where I thing a bit more formality is needed.

I choose mesh or System layer panties based on the clothes I am wearing. Also, I consider System panties a big minus if I know I'll be undressing. I hate taking them off and going gray for a minute. Mesh panties avoid that problem.

8 hours ago, LunaRavencroft said:

Depends on the rating of the sim, to be honest.

G sims - I'm covered from basically head to toe, sometimes even wearing gloves. 
M sims - Generally a long dress or something.
A sims - Generally, no. 

At home, never.

I have to admit, I never think of it this way.  Even though I have been known to flash-the-flesh in provocative ways, I have always dressed decently enough when out and about that it has never caused me any problems with places in SL.  My rule is simply that it cannot be anything that is too outrageous to be something you might see being worn walking down a busy city street, a dance club or at a public beach in a westernised culture in RL.  That kind of thing.  No naked nipples or other naughty bits on display.  That gives me a lot of leeway in today's world.  Anything that doesn't pass that rule is private/speciality wear and most people will probably never see me in it.  I am never naked or near-naked in public in SL no matter what the region rating.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

So after being asked if I was a lesbian by some random person that happened to be on a nearby parcel while I was hopping around Bellisseria, I might just start wearing BoM undies. They had cammed underneath my dress and saw my nether regions, which so far I've been too lazy to alpha if they're not clipping with what I'm wearing, and deducted that nether regions out = lesbian.

The impeccable logic aside, I had not thought that people would actually take their time and position their cam, so they can ogle at exposed nether regions. Oh well, just another step in the SL learning process.

56 minutes ago, stellarissima said:

I had not thought that people would actually take their time and position their cam, so they can ogle at exposed nether regions.

That awkward moment when a friend asks what I thought about the guy she'd brought home for a game of Greedy, and I had to explain to her how I could see his camera position and how it immediately snapped in under the table and up her skirt whenever it wasn't his turn, and how the reason he was so slow to start his turn seemed to be because he was occupied with something else . . . She decided not to go out with him again.

People do weird and creepy things. Not that it really matters - if you put something on display you can't really get mad when people help themselves to a looksee. But if you're going to go around camming up skirts, at least turn off your camera position being broadcast for everyone to see.

Just step into a club and see whether people are looking at their dance partners from the side to see the dance, or whether they've glued their cameras elsewhere. Or if they're even peeking at other people's posteriors. It can be slightly intriguing for a few seconds! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Orwar said:

That awkward moment when a friend asks what I thought about the guy she'd brought home for a game of Greedy, and I had to explain to her how I could see his camera position and how it immediately snapped in under the table and up her skirt whenever it wasn't his turn, and how the reason he was so slow to start his turn seemed to be because he was occupied with something else . . . She decided not to go out with him again.

People do weird and creepy things. Not that it really matters - if you put something on display you can't really get mad when people help themselves to a looksee. But if you're going to go around camming up skirts, at least turn off your camera position being broadcast for everyone to see.

Just step into a club and see whether people are looking at their dance partners from the side to see the dance, or whether they've glued their cameras elsewhere. Or if they're even peeking at other people's posteriors. It can be slightly intriguing for a few seconds! 

I guess it amuses me more than anything that the sight of my pixel parts is something anyone would even care about enough to look that closely.  You can get a better look on most p**n sites ffs.  Real ones!

• Like 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I guess it amuses me more than anything that the sight of my pixel parts is something anyone would even care about enough to look that closely.  You can get a better look on most p**n sites ffs.  Real ones!

Yes, so I keep pointing out. If you have the necessities for being in Second Life, surely you have a browser a few clicks away at most. Heck most viewers have built-in browsers, even! . . . Not that I'd recommend using those for that, but you could if you wanted to.

I always wear panties except when I'm being intentionally *****ty. I wear a bra unless I'm wearing a top that isn't designed to be worn with one, e.g., very low-cut. I wear fitmesh when it works and BOM or Maitreya underwear layers when it doesn't.

I wish someone made sets that included the same underwear design in fitmesh and BOM/applier versions.

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Lol that person camming up my skirt didn't even bother me, and they had their camera crosshairs turned off. What annoyed me was them IMing me with 'lesbian?'. Not even a greeting, just that.

And my avatar is pretty cute imo, and I invested quite a bit of money into her look, so I enjoy people camming her, gives me a little happy boost (as silly as that is).

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Exactly this! And they actually move and whatnot! Won't TP away!

On 3/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, Katt Lavender said:

So please tell -  do you "layer" yourself when getting dressed in SL? Knickers (plus bra, suspender, stockings, corset, etc.) or not?

Me, personally? No. The lace gets all itchy around the Trossachs. *scratch*

Indra wears knickers for modesty with a skirt that's too short for alpha to be practical, but the only time she wears bra/suspenders/stockings/corset is when that's all she's wearing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, stellarissima said:

And my avatar is pretty cute imo, and I invested quite a bit of money into her look, so I enjoy people camming her, gives me a little happy boost (as silly as that is).

Mm, I don't think that's silly - it's nice when people appreciate what you've done. But sometimes I do wish people could restrain themselves a nudge, both Orwar and Neph occasionally have people absolutely gushing over them, which I find a little awkward . . . 

• Like 1

Semper ubi sub ubi.

I always wear panties -- either BoM (I have a lovely set of the Amicale Soulful that someone posted above) or mesh if the outfit comes with it, or I can fit it under. BoM is good, though, because it renders with your skin when you are rezzing, so no embarrassing naked body parts floating around after you've TPed. The base bodies from which I build my outfits starts with BoM undies and bra (and tee and jeans, but those I generally lose quickly), so I have to consciously remove undies when building an outfit.

It's not that *I* care particularly about showing off my bits. But I don't want to feed the gross sleazebags who get off on up-skirting and the like. Were it not for them, I'd happily go around naked.

(Well, no I wouldn't, because I like the look of my clothing. But I wouldn't worry about panties and bra.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.