A question for the forum worthies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We all know that Second Life is all about tolerance, acceptance and inclusion and that we should never ever post any content here or inworld that attacks anyone.

My question is, what if there was a club that was dedicated to anti fascism and anti nazism, would that be allowed, because hey, who cares about their feelings anyway right?

Just a thought, just a question.

If this thread in some way violates some "no politics" rule I apologize to the forum members and to the moderators.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed words to make it more general
  • Haha 4

Never was it stated while agreeing to the ToS  you required to be pro-EVERYTHING in the first place, right ?

People can express their sentiments .. the company applies a policy they redeem fit for the environment. That' s basically all it is.

15 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

My question is, what if there was a club that was dedicated to anti fascism and anti nazism, would that be allowed, because hey, who cares about their feelings anyway right?

You want to protect the feelings of nazis?
That tells me more about you than I wanted to know.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

A club where the only music played is political messages?  I give it a week.  Not because it isn't allowed but because it's a crap place to visit.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

We all know that Second Life is all about tolerance, acceptance and inclusion and that we should never ever post any content here or inworld that attacks anyone.

What ever gave you that idea?

https://search.secondlife.com/?lang=en-US&collection_chosen=groups&query_term=anti

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Not attacking someone and not including someone are different things. 

And that Second Life is 'all about' tolerance, acceptance, and inclusion .. Well, I think that's inaccurate. There has pretty much always been places that do not allow furries, vampires, tinies, 'non-human avatars', no men, no women, etc.

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

There already are such places. 'Always' has been. I recently came across a place plastered with Antifa logos and slogans all over (including the infamous 'good night right side' one, which is rather controversial) - of course the traffic was next to non-existent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

We all know that Second Life is all about tolerance, acceptance and inclusion

In everyone's dreams maybe.

p.s. I only posted so that could be counted as being in the "Forum Worthies" bunch.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Amina Sopwith  Isn't there another group you might like to add to this mix?

You know I normally never miss a chance (I recently wished that picture of a jagged Lego brick to be John Nobhead's next poo), but I am not feeding this one. It's my belief that this thread is nothing to do with having an Intellectual Discussion and everything to do with trying to upset people. Given the fact that we have several minority posters including Jewish people, this is distasteful to say the least, and informs my opinion of the OP still further.

I expect it'll remain up because it is technically within the letter of the forum law (though arguably not within its spirit), but I do not believe it's been started in any sort of good faith. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

You know I normally never miss a chance (I recently wished that picture of a jagged Lego brick to be John Nobhead's next poo), but I am not feeding this one. It's my belief that this thread is nothing to do with having an Intellectual Discussion and everything to do with trying to upset people. Given the fact that we have several minority posters including Jewish people, this is distasteful to say the least, and informs my opinion of the OP still further.

I expect it'll remain up because it is technically within the letter of the forum law (though arguably not within its spirit), but I do not believe it's been started in any sort of good faith. 

Yep. This is trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would that club be allowed? Probably, but the definition of nazi and fascist has been diluted so much these days, it can mean anything(I.E. they are used as buzzwords/dog whistles, rather their original meaning), so it could end up biting them in the butt if they use it for the more extreme definitions.

Typically, if I was to visit a club and they used political language in their rules, instead of just saying "Be nice and respectful to your fellow guests", I'd probably avoid it because it is just asking for drama(it'd probably even have a no drama rule, which we all know means "twice as much drama").

Political opinions are not a "protected" class, so it would be allowed to forbid someone from visiting a region because of said opinions, however outright attacking a resident because of it would likely not be allowed.

I'd however, rather spend my time visiting clubs that allow the freedom of opinion, rather than clubs that focus their time on finding out who has the wrong opinion that they didn't even bring up in the club. When I say allow freedom of opinion, I mean doesn't witch hunt people. Politics is not a good club topic, and if I operated a club, I'd probably tell people to knock it off.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Hi there!

I think you know why this thread is locked. We already know this thread isn't going to go some where good. As I have said a few times over the years, and most recently in another thread. If you feel something is violating our Terms of Service or Community Standards, submit an Abuse Report or Forum Report. 

-Tommy Linden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.