Cringe binge

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

One of my peeves is creators who do not put vendor pictures in with their items - poses, hair, houses, etc.  So I spend a lot of time tracking these down in Flickr or on blogs and then upload them.

Um...why don't you just model the item and take your own picture?

10 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

gibbon.gif.7c5f56d0905a9679a20b32357b299f8b.gif

As for silly things I did.. too many to name. But I cover my tracks well and deny everything. 😎

They're cute until they start hooting. Then they are loud and obnoxious.

I used to live less than a block from the local zoo. It was a sad day when they sent the wolves away and kept the gibbons. Maybe I shouldn't have sung with the wolves so often at night. ☹️

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
clarity
  • Like 2

A frequent occurrence in my house (and not just by me, but frequent all the same)...

Get my shoes on, or slippers if I've already got them on, put my coat on because it's frozen nipple weather, get all the way to the mailbox only to realize it's exceptionally colder than it appears or the weather people say, get back in the house and realize I never put bottoms on.

Eh, it is what it is, I suppose, and at least my coat, and/or shirt in the case of nicer weather, goes down far enough lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Once, in the very sleep deprived land of early parenthood, I cracked an egg, dropped the contents into the composter and the shell into the batter. And it wasn't until I switched on the mixer and heard a weird noise that I realised. And even then it took a good five seconds or so.

I was making a recipe once during a really hectic day.  The recipe wanted egg whites, so I cracked the egg over the sink and proceeded to filter the egg through my fingers, letting all of the whites down the drain and dropping the yolk into the bowl.  Didn't even realize what I'd done until I had 3 yolks instead of whites in the bowl and was getting ready to mix stuff up.  Had to dump everything and start over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This one was a while ago. Having guests over for dinner, and serving up a dessert, which required the application of crème fraîche to a pavlova. I had bought it bottled, and brought it out to the table to add it (because I'm all kinds of elegant), but I couldn't get the lid off. My partner offered to open it for me, but noooooooo. I had to do it myself. So I ran the lid quickly under some hot water and then, at the table (because, stately elegance = me), took the hilt of a dinner knife to the lid to unseal it, tapping it (I thought) gently all around.

Somehow I must have hit a critical spot, because the entire jar suddenly shattered in my hand, dripping crème fraîche and glass shards on to the dessert. Fortunately, it didn't hurt me, or it would have been glass shards, crème fraîche, and copious quantities of my blood.

My partner darted out and bought some donuts at the nearby Tim Horton's for dessert.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The last two days I have been off balance for some reason.. I think it has something to do with maybe my vacation coming up or something.. Either way, I've been missing a step and really  tired and just not with it..

Last night I went out and started the jeep to let it warm up.. Then went back in the house and finished getting my things ready to go for work.. Then spent 10 minutes looking for my keys to my jeep..

I don't yell at myself too often, but I really gave it to myself once i realized where my keys were.. :$

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Happened.
Sprung! out of bed @ 5:55am, hair, clothes, devices, l0.0k, clutch, keys...
Out to backyard, take cover off vehicle - parked under tree outside bedroom window -> check.
Start vehicle, (if winter), grab 2nd set of keys to open Gate 2, hop in vehicle, navigate out carefully,
Nose vehicle up to gates, leave idling, jump out, (toyota style! \0/), use second key set to lock gates and..... clunk
Drivers door gently swings home and clicks shut, 96 times louder than usual - locked. 😬🙄 "O->💩"
Old vehicle, (amaaaazing condition), with up down button manual door locks 
I had somehow pushed the lock button down. 🥴

6:40am vehicle locked, keys in ignition and idling @rear gate, with radio/subs do.of... d0.0f-ing away.
(not too loud but heavy subsonics lol).

uuugh.  😑😒

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Happened.
Sprung! out of bed @ 5:55am, hair, clothes, devices, l0.0k, clutch, keys...
Out to backyard, take cover off vehicle - parked under tree outside bedroom window -> check.
Start vehicle, (if winter), grab 2nd set of keys to open Gate 2, hop in vehicle, navigate out carefully,
Nose vehicle up to gates, leave idling, jump out, (toyota style! \0/), use second key set to lock gates and..... clunk
Drivers door gently swings home and clicks shut, 96 times louder than usual - locked. 😬🙄 "O->💩"
Old vehicle, (amaaaazing condition), with up down button manual door locks 
I had somehow pushed the lock button down. 🥴

6:40am vehicle locked, keys in ignition and idling @rear gate, with radio/subs do.of... d0.0f-ing away.
(not too loud but heavy subsonics lol).

uuugh.  😑😒

This is probably one of the things that I like most about the newer cars - at least the newer Subarus.  If car doors are set for lock and then shut, but it detects the keys in the car, the doors automatically unlock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is probably one of the things that I like most about the newer cars - at least the newer Subarus.  If car doors are set for lock and then shut, but it detects the keys in the car, the doors automatically unlock.

Me too. There are limits, though..If I walk away (with the keys), it locks itself. Did I ASK you to lock?!?!?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Can do, you're pushing after all. It's the same action. It's pretty common.

I didn't, as it happened, but by the time I was well in there, I wouldn't have cared if I had. I'd have given birth in the fruit aisle at Tesco if it had made it end quicker.

Omg, I am over here laughing my head off at your baby stuff! Please continue, I really needed these laughs today!

• Thanks 1

I've been racking my brain trying to think of RL embarrassing moments but I can't come up with any. They are there, but they are hiding from me. So I'll write an SL one. Sorry to those who have read it before but I'm sure there are some who haven't.

I used to rent out skyboxes. They were in a pile in the sky but with a suitable distance between them. And they were side-to-side staggered, so not directly above each other.

I rented one out to a guy and immediately I decided to do something with one that was higher than his but not directly above it. I positioned myself on the ground so I could miss his on the way up. I put the carbon rod on which makes you fly very fast. So fast that you can be through very thin walls before the system can stop you. And up I went. A second or two later, I came to a sudden stop - a bit sooner than I'd expected. I looked around and there I was - head and shoulders up through a skybox floor. But not just any skybox floor, because he was there too, with his girlfriend, both stark naked and hard 'at it' with each other on the bed. I was near the foot of the bed, and facing them. Of course, I flew down as quickly as I could. I'd miscalculated my position on the ground before I flew up.

It still causes me to chuckle when I imagine being in his head - 'at it' on the bed with the girlfriend, when a head and shoulders comes up through the floor and stares at us LOL. (I was actually laughing out loud as I typed that sentence. You have to picture it.)

I got away with it though. I don't think they saw me. If they did it was never mentioned to me. It wasn't really an embarrassing moment, but it would definitely have been one if I'd been seen, so it might qualify for inclusion in this thread.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This one was a while ago. Having guests over for dinner, and serving up a dessert, which required the application of crème fraîche to a pavlova. I had bought it bottled, and brought it out to the table to add it (because I'm all kinds of elegant), but I couldn't get the lid off. My partner offered to open it for me, but noooooooo. I had to do it myself. So I ran the lid quickly under some hot water and then, at the table (because, stately elegance = me), took the hilt of a dinner knife to the lid to unseal it, tapping it (I thought) gently all around.

Somehow I must have hit a critical spot, because the entire jar suddenly shattered in my hand, dripping crème fraîche and glass shards on to the dessert. Fortunately, it didn't hurt me, or it would have been glass shards, crème fraîche, and copious quantities of my blood.

My partner darted out and bought some donuts at the nearby Tim Horton's for dessert.

I bought one of these years and years ago, love it. The most I ever have to do now is add one of those thin, flexible square rubber grippy sheets to hold the jar itself, can open anything from large bottles to wine bottles with screw caps:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CO256G/?tag=cookspot1-20

I think other companies make this design, but what I love is how I can crank down the teeth and then just turn the handle, instead of having to squeeze and turn and a bunch of stuff at once. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.