Free Lelutka Heads!

Jordyn McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian said:

I've tried playing with the settings, and tinkering with the shape, but nothing seems to help. How do I make it thinner and more natural looking and not as bright? If that's possible?

Apply some makeup, it should help. And do tinker with "puffy eyelids" slider in your shape, it's under eyes tab.

Also, is there anything I can do about the neck seam?

If you're using maitreya, then set neck to 0 there (type 1) under skin/base tab in maitreya's hud. If you're using legacy, then default neck fit should be fine. On belleza you can play with neck size too, but it won't be perfect until creator updates bodies.

Also, can anybody suggest a good place to look for eyebrows? (The marketplace is not helping.) I'm assuming I need to find a skin with no brows, and then I can add the eyebrows of my choice on a separate layer, is that right? (I really don't like the original ones…)

Depends on the brows style you want. Simple bloom has a large variety of natural ones, and there's a demo for every type: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/215211

If you want something more wild, then just check MP and try demos.

And yes, you'd need browless version of a skin and just add BoM brows on top of it.

• Thanks 1

I've never had a mesh head before, but I thought I'd try this one (can't beat the price…), and I do like it. But there's one issue that really bothers me, and it's the bright coral coloured inner eye line or whatever that's called. It's really, really ugly. Hopefully the pictures I'm attaching to explain what I mean will show up.

I've tried playing with the settings, and tinkering with the shape, but nothing seems to help. How do I make it thinner and more natural looking and not as bright? If that's possible?

Also, can anybody suggest a good place to look for eyebrows? (The marketplace is not helping.) I'm assuming I need to find a skin with no brows, and then I can add the eyebrows of my choice on a separate layer, is that right? (I really don't like the original ones…)

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

Can it be your light, it looks like default midday. The light hits the top of your cheekbones so they are almost white. The inside of the eyes looks like they are in the spotlight. But the visible edge is so deep. Are you not using the included eyes? If you want the system eyes to show, you can click "BoM" on the HUD. I believe that the eyes is meant to always be worn with the head, if you use either appliers or BoM.

I agree that the included brows is bushy. I am using brows from Simple Bloom. They are on the Marketplace and maybe inworld too. Free demos.

I am using another Evolution head now, with Glam Affairs "Elizabeth" without brows and Simple Bloom eyebrows LivAutumn. It is unedited. You can see my edge is barely there.

faces_005.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

In the hud in the HD section, try clearing both layer 1 and layer 2 in the HD eyelids section and see if that helps..

@Ceka Cianci  Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction. I did clear both, it didn't make a difference, but then I tinkered with the tinting of layer2 in the "taylor" section, and set it to a mid grey, and that definitely helps taking the edge of the brighness.

27 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Apply some makeup, it should help. And do tinker with "puffy eyelids" slider in your shape, it's under eyes tab.

If you're using maitreya, then set neck to 0 there (type 1) under skin/base tab in maitreya's hud. If you're using legacy, then default neck fit should be fine. On belleza you can play with neck size too, but it won't be perfect until creator updates bodies.

Depends on the brows style you want. Simple bloom has a large variety of natural ones, and there's a demo for every type: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/215211

If you want something more wild, then just check MP and try demos.

And yes, you'd need browless version of a skin and just add BoM brows on top of it.

Ah, but see, I like a minimal make up look.... Guess I'll have to look for nude effect make up 😄

Thanks for the pointer about the puffy eyelid slider, that helped too.

I'm not using a mesh body... I tried changing the neck thickness of the default body, but it makes no difference. Time to buy some stylish scarves, maybe. French chic!  Or maybe buy a mesh body... Nah, I'm not ready for that.

26 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Can it be your light, it looks like default midday. The light hits the top of your cheekbones so they are almost white. The inside of the eyes looks like they are in the spotlight. But the visible edge is so deep. Are you not using the included eyes? If you want the system eyes to show, you can click "BoM" on the HUD. I believe that the eyes is meant to always be worn with the head, if you use either appliers or BoM.

I agree that the included brows is bushy. I am using brows from Simple Bloom. They are on the Marketplace and maybe inworld too. Free demos.

I am using another Evolution head now, with Glam Affairs "Elizabeth" without brows and Simple Bloom eyebrows LivAutumn. It is unedited. You can see my edge is barely there.

faces_005.jpg

Yes, the light doesn't help, but it's definitely more than the light. No, I am using the included eyes (they are lovely).

Thanks to both of you @steeljane42 and @Marianne Little for the Simple Bloom recommendation - I see they have lots of choice, which is what I want.

So thanks, all the suggestions helped a lot and "I" look much better now.

So what else to do when the vendor systems aren't working etc (they might be now but so far no all clear messages from group) than to play with Lilly.  

I still have some issues -- the the nose part between the nostrils and upper lip is just odd and no amount of tweaking helps but maybe another skin another day :D.   My lipstick turns VERY pointy on this so I need some new lipstick. Didn't like the ones that came with the head of course (not new news for any head).  

In GENERAL I got the look -- albeit OLDER (well I turn 13 in a couple of weeks so I AM old).  And I seem "thinner". Odd, but a male friend yesterday pretty much said the same thing -- "I look like me but older and thinner LOL".    

But "mature" is good and maybe that makes me look smarter too  *wink*

So far as the neck thing, for folks using bodies other than the most popular, there may be nothing to do but wear a collar. And you can set it at 5 fat with YOU of course at 5 fat.

image.thumb.png.628887de801838c599dfe79777a5cc3d.png

alaskametro made some of the best eyebrows but she has taken them off of the Marketplace and out of her shop (sadly). I got some pretty nice ones for my alt yesterday at WIP. There is a demo for brown. They are not heavy solid brows; I like the wispier ones. 

Lilly on Chic.jpg

3 hours ago, taisiyakarpenko said:

Straight outta the box (almost) - minor tweeks to the lips and the nose, skintone 02 from the box and eyes/makeup from the HUD. Loves it! 

Snapshot_027psx.thumb.jpg.ee11c3600783ac76fe644d1a653bc6fc.jpg

Snapshot_025psx.thumb.jpg.65e13e7c014997d9f6689342b179cafe.jpg

There's a skin in there?  I thought it was just going to my default Classic avatar skin I was wearing underneath.  I'll have to look at the HUD again.  

I finally gave in, and went and picked up Lilly late this morning, and after most of the afternoon fiddling around with things, this is how she ended up:  

1583681344_20201212cabinatPreciousWilds_003cropped.thumb.png.11aae6a3866c7082eecb50f110b78f1f.png

As most of the time, without makeup...  one of these days I'll remember to put some on before taking pictures.  I did add the tattoo layer for some extra little lines below the eyes, and I'm using the Ritual Elspeth skin Lelutka head BOM layer (even though it's pre-EVO) and [SB] brows. 

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Some further tweaking and getting a little bit closer to looking like Greg.  He seems to have aged 20 years.

newhead_002.thumb.png.efcf3eaa94611808df533e60a1de1eb7.png

Mature is a good thing. Izzie's has wrinkle tattoo layers. Unisex. One of my alts is an older gentleman, but not those very old avatars you can buy. An early grey man in his fifties or an active sixty something.He is adding the wrinkles and grey hair.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

They are tattoo BoM head layers. 

They are interesting too; the "head" skin actually extends down and blends in over the shoulders, so you're pretty much guaranteed no neck seam with whatever body skin you have. Although it is a shame they're not mod, to allow tinting to fine-tune them. It's a nice way of doing it though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abbey Aldrin said:

I eventually managed to get into the store I am so impressed with the efforts on here you all look great. I have the maitreya body and am not sure which of the skins included on the tab match the head skins included if any or is that not the case?

Thank you 

The head skins included with Lelutka are BOM-only, they aren't going to work with Maitreya's hud skins. You'll need to get a BOM or Classic body skin for the body, and use the nearest of the 4 Lelutka head skins. They blend in nicely over the shoulders so they'll work with most skin tones without any neck seam.

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

The head skins included with Lelutka are BOM-only, they aren't going to work with Maitreya's hud skins. You'll need to get a BOM or Classic body skin for the body, and use the nearest of the 4 Lelutka head skins. They blend in nicely over the shoulders so they'll work with most skin tones without any neck seam.

I can not log in now, but I mean that Maitreya has a box of body skins (tattoo layer) that you can unbox and use. Perfect.

• Thanks 1

FWIW: Here's what I found for MT Applier skins:

comp.thumb.jpg.f2caf019d20fab4ad10b19ac490b900d.jpg

If you do BOM, then I found these (that Marianne mentioned) to be the same as the ones above:

Skins.png.12859c0d55c92fb081cb012ec31268bb.png

Heres an illustration of what Maitimo said above, why it blends in with almost any BOM Body skin:

Snapshot_043.thumb.jpg.a0c7fa9ad99a340ba5cf53863583ab37.jpg

As an example, Lelutka Base Face 02 with the systemskin from the Bitsy starter avatar:

Snapshot_044.thumb.jpg.457da4c3741f1ed95ae2dc83acedd1f9.jpg

I LOVE this - neckseams are dead, long live BOM :P

Edited by taisiyakarpenko
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian said:

Since you aren't using a mesh body you need to check your body fat in edit appearance. You can see in this pic that I set my body fat normally to 30. But if I have it set at 30 using a system body the neck will never line up with the neck on the head.

2223cd1599091d570019cf17ef9e9ab7.png

But if I move the slider all the way to zero then the body's neck will be the same size of the head's neck.

8ee6744c0438edfaaf9d108016fe764e.pngUnfortunately, that will make you look very skinny. You can adjust body thickness to add back some of the bulk to your body but it will also affect the whole body so you may have to make adjustments to shoulders and hips so that everything is in the ratio you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I am STILL playing with Lilly this morning. So many things I like and some that seem to be deal breakers. I tried a bunch of skins made for Lelutka Evo and that didn't help. P layed around with nose and mouth some more and it is better but she still looks pretty MEAN and that was NOT what I was going for LOL.

One problem I know I have is the teeth thing. Is there a way to get her mouth closed and static?  I found an animation that is "almost closed but honestly I don't sit around with my teeth showing most of the day and that bothers me. 

SO HELP APRRECIATED LOL.

Meanwhile there is a free group gift (group is 50 ) skin out at Insol and they have a sale going on. I went over to get Letluka demos and found the poster.

1410251183_Insolchristmasgift.thumb.jpg.42cbe901afc08e69b98b515387f0ddb7.jpg

I didn't see that the Lelutka skins fit much differently than the Genus skins really but some of you might want to try.   And here are the EVO skins available.

1961286418_Lillyskinsinsol.jpg.28fc2bfc9b24291adeefd08907c8ea94.jpg

OK. That was my good deed for the day :D. I am heading to the tub and will check back on the static mouth thing later. Thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

One problem I know I have is the teeth thing. Is there a way to get her mouth closed and static?  I found an animation that is "almost closed but honestly I don't sit around with my teeth showing most of the day and that bothers me. 

Turning off the Basic Moods animations will keep the mouth closed and static.  I found just doing that left my eye movements wonky, so I turned on "Just Eyes" which fixed the eye movements (apparently this isn't necessary when using one of the basic mood animations - the eyes were fine with then).   

But if you want a looped animation that keeps it closed and static, I haven't found one yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Turning off the Basic Moods animations will keep the mouth closed and static.  I found just doing that left my eye movements wonky, so I turned on "Just Eyes" which fixed the eye movements (apparently this isn't necessary when using one of the basic mood animations - the eyes were fine with then).   

But if you want a looped animation that keeps it closed and static, I haven't found one yet. 

The one animation I found that has very little movement is 'casual'. The mouth barely opens occasionally as though taking a breath. There is no smile or other movement. It's very subtle.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.