Free Lelutka Heads!

Jordyn McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:10 AM, Paul Hexem said:

I'd be more impressed if everything on the HUD worked or the head was modify.

No modify is the worst thing to happen to SL.

I agree with this statement 100 pct, but let's remember also that the heads are free, so it is understandable that they wish to limit the options.

Unless the full versions of the brand are also no mod at all.

And by mod i mean the option to edit and remove scripts; layers and other things we must do not need on a copy of the head or body for that matter, to use it.

Edited by foneco Zuzu
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

I agree with this statement 100 pct, but let's remember also that the heads are free, so it is understandable that they wish to limit the options.

And by mod i mean the option to edit and remove scripts; layers and other things we must do not need on a copy of the head or body for that matter, to use it.

The only mod heads you describe, are some small brands or heads made by Utilizator. Or the Neo avatar. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/META-NEO-FULL-BENTO-MESH-AVATAR-PRO/15185588

Do not care about what he is saying. Everything on the head works as the full priced heads. Paul can try other bestselling heads, to see if he can find a modify one. Catwa, Lelutka, Laq, GA.EG, the Signature head. I do not think other head counts as bestsellers, or has so beautiful skins made for them.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The only mod heads you describe, are some small brands or heads made by Utilizator. Or the Neo avatar. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/META-NEO-FULL-BENTO-MESH-AVATAR-PRO/15185588

Do not care about what he is saying. Everything on the head works as the full priced heads. Paul can try other bestselling heads, to see if he can find a modify one. Catwa, Lelutka, Laq, GA.EG, the Signature head. I do not think other head counts as bestsellers, or has so beautiful skins made for them.

Do not forget Kitty Lair. Even if it is a old one they keep updating it with all the new stuff, same also with their bodies.

In fact I still own a KL perky mesh body, but since belleza released the isis i never used it anymore. But is my soul mate only mesh body she wears and is being updated regularly as well.

Since the beginning, all their bodies and heads hands and feet are full mod.

18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Everything on the head works as the full priced heads.

My lady friend has one of the full price heads. I know, I paid for it some time back.

It has the same problem. Not all the options on the HUD actually work- materials in particular. Can't be disabled or truly fine tuned. Only increased from 1% of whatever the creator decides to 100% of what the creator decides.

I stand by my statement. No modify makes products bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

No modify makes products bad.

For things we buy, yes.  But, what do I need to modify on Lilly?  I can modify her shape, her skin, her make-up, her eyes.   It's great, although I did buy AIDA half price for the Black Friday sales and she is my favorite.  I wanted something younger, about 18, and AIDA fits that bill very well.   But, I just wanted to say that the Dinkie Nourishment I give out as a free product is in no way bad.  My no mod Dinkie nourishment can still be moved and rotated with a no mod product plus I make it for the original Dinkie shape and if I change the Dinkie shape, I adjust the drink to fit that shape and give out both the nourishment and the shape for free.  Someone made the mesh cup for me and she said I could use it for free if it was copy only...but it is not a bad product at all.  It's actually very adorable and works fine.  You want a mod product, make your own.  

Edited by FairreLilette

On 12/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, foneco Zuzu said:

Why on earth would you want to modify the head? Really, these people work long and hard on these mesh heads and you can use your appearance to mold your shape... why would you modify it? I just not see the point. 

I've been playing around with  the head today..

I'll tell you what.. It gets pretty confusing on what is what when you have stuff going on with 4 different brand of heads at the same time..hehehehe

I made this shape today..

50757754182_7a188d241d_b.jpg

50756913088_65a0ec2a71_b.jpg

She goes through a lot of the static poses in the hud really well

50757863302_ba96aff0c3_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 1:10 AM, Paul Hexem said:

I'd be more impressed if everything on the HUD worked or the head was modify.

No modify is the worst thing to happen to SL.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:35 AM, Paul Hexem said:

My lady friend has one of the full price heads. I know, I paid for it some time back.

It has the same problem. Not all the options on the HUD actually work- materials in particular. Can't be disabled or truly fine tuned. Only increased from 1% of whatever the creator decides to 100% of what the creator decides.

I stand by my statement. No modify makes products bad.

I read the first as you said Lelutka gave out an inferior head with some functions disabled compared to their full priced heads. I wanted to correct it. Then you say that both the free head and the full priced one, work the same way, but not satisfying for you.

That is not the same as not working.

Nobody disagree that modify is much better than no modify, but creators has sold no modify and no copy things since I began in Second Life. All we as customers can do, is stop buying no modify.

I found out many years ago, that to but only modify things, would mean that I could not buy what I like and think look pretty.

Everyone can look for modify heads and full permission heads and try to make them better than Lelutka or Catwa. I found out that I had neither time,  nor skills like the top creators.

Edited to add: Materials not working as they should? Are you sure it is not an user error? You can pick up a demo head or a free head and check how it looks when you use the HUD.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a typo changed a few words, and added the last

7 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Why on earth would you want to modify the head? Really, these people work long and hard on these mesh heads and you can use your appearance to mold your shape... why would you modify it? I just not see the point. 

From what I read above from one poster it's that one cannot delete the scripts.  My guess is many items don't include delete the scripts because of newbies and creator's have to make a decision here in regards to newbies because most newbies don't understand what copy and modify means.  What copy and modify means is to make a copy first and paste that copy into your folder and then modify it and then delete the scripts from that copy one has made.  Many newbies will just modify their item, delete the scripts, and then their item doesn't work anymore which could lead to a hassle for customer service reps and the creator.  That's my take on it.  I think creator's just had to make a decision to include a delete scripts option or not and most choose not for reasons I've stated above.  What they could do is put a version available for sale with a delete scripts option alongside the main version for purchase but even that is confusing.  

26 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Many newbies will just modify their item, delete the scripts, and then their item doesn't work anymore which could lead to a hassle for customer service reps and the creator.

Not just newbies, but older and more longstanding residents do that as well, and yes, it does cause us a lot of hassle. However, almost every brand of mesh head and body that I can think of does include a kill scripts or delete scripts option. Lelutka's is below:

lelu_kill_scripts.thumb.png.8ef48116f62d536ed2de64eaff2226a4.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Not just newbies, but older and more longstanding residents do that as well, and yes, it does cause us a lot of hassle. However, almost every brand of mesh head and body that I can think of does include a kill scripts or delete scripts option. Lelutka's is below:

lelu_kill_scripts.thumb.png.8ef48116f62d536ed2de64eaff2226a4.png

I did not know that but deleting scripts does cause a hassle in general for all SL products for the CSR and the creator's, I'm sure.  A lot of users don't get the you have to make a copy first, then modify, then delete scripts from the copy one has made only.  

As far as someone in this thread mentioning removing layers, I don't know if this EVO line has removed the layers because it's BOM only.  But, I'm guessing here what is meant by "removing layers" to mean the onion skin layers or something...?  What "layers" might customers want to delete other than onion skin layers which I'd have no idea how to do.  

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, I'm guessing here what is meant by "removing layers" to mean the onion skin layers or something...?  What "layers" might customers want to delete other than onion skin layers which I'd have no idea how to do.  

Yes, the onion skin layers are what people are referring to. HD heads like Lelutka's Evo range and Catwa HDPRO range are sort of 'hybrid' heads: the full additional layers have been removed and replaced with smaller HD areas (usually these tend to be the eye and brow area and the lips) so that BoM is primarily used for skin and makeup, and - if desired - HD appliers (and HD BoM layers) can be used for those specific areas.

Bear in mind, though, that for every person who wants onion skin layers removed there are several who complain about their removal, because they now feel 'forced' to switch to BoM because (for example) they can't have an applier skin and then add an applier hairbase, because the hairbase layer has been removed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I did not know that but deleting scripts does cause a hassle in general for all SL products for the CSR and the creator's, I'm sure.  A lot of users don't get the you have to make a copy first, then modify, then delete scripts from the copy one has made only.  

As far as someone in this thread mentioning removing layers, I don't know if this EVO line has removed the layers because it's BOM only.  But, I'm guessing here what is meant by "removing layers" to mean the onion skin layers or something...?  What "layers" might customers want to delete other than onion skin layers which I'd have no idea how to do.  

It may be the makeup layers and things like that ,that they are talking about..

with things like the clothing layers for system clothes, you'll sometimes run into the say problem with even tattoo /bom  layer's where one will sit over another layer and cover it up, kind of like a jacket layer will a shirt layer..

I have bom body tattoo's that I have to put on in a certain order or the dominant layer will cover the others or if one is to close to another, you can see it fade part of another tattoo.. so the one that is being faded would have to be worn after putting on the layer that is doing the fading to the one below it..

I think that is what is happening with the bom layers around the eyes..

The head eye shadow layer may have to be put on after or before a layer that isn't part of the head, to see which one has priority..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Monica Blackwood said:

Is there a satellite store for people who actually want to Buy a head but can't get into the Main store for all the freebie chasers sitting in shop ?

The free heads are in a different land, not in the main store.

Edited by Miguel Rowley
Edit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Monica Blackwood said:

Is there a satellite store for people who actually want to Buy a head but can't get into the Main store for all the freebie chasers sitting in shop ?

The mainstore is the only location to purchase a head right now. If you can, just give it a bit of time. A few hours (or days) or so. They just started a freebie event and people are mistakenly thinking the free heads are being given away at the main location, so they're camping unnecessarily. It's a mess, to say the least.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The mainstore is the only location to purchase a head right now. If you can, just give it a bit of time. A few hours (or days) or so. They just started a freebie event and people are mistakenly thinking the free heads are being given away at the main location, so they're camping unnecessarily. It's a mess, to say the least.

THIS.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Modulated said:

THIS.

I haven't even tried to get the heads yet. I'm too busy grabbing all these other gifts. Most of those sims are free and clear to run in/run out if you're still waiting for Lelutka's event sim to behave itself. I've only encountered maxed out sims in a tiny handful of the places on the list (The Skinnery, Doux, etc.). 

Edit: Lel just added extra sims. Sent as a group notice, I believe. Hopefully that clears things out a bit.

Editing my edit: Yup, the three regions helped quite a bit. Got right in, grabbed, got right out.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.