what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks kinda landslid-ish to me.  I think even maybe an avalanche of voters voted for Biden. 

Here's just one from Washington D.C.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/11/07/trump-biden-election-live-updates/

How does it sound when a city where 95 percent of voters chose Biden begins to celebrate? Outside the Trump International Hotel, it was blaring horns, high-pitched hollers, the swell of car stereos pumping “Nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye.”

If middle fingers made noise, they would be the resounding chorus at the hotel doors, where hundreds of people stopped to express their joy with the same gesture: elderly White women, young Latinas, two Ethiopian men streaming live about the president and his comments about “*****hole countries.”

“I don’t know an America like that,” said Dawit Selassie, 35. “America is for everybody. What’s going on with Trump? He divided us. Now, we are finally going to unite.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While five million is not a small number, it is only 1.5% of the total US population and not the landslide victory that the Democrats expected. 

I’m just joking around with all the memes and gifs.

But if anybody thought Biden was going to win a state like Oklahoma or North Dakota, they’re delusional. Texas and Florida might’ve been a disappointment, but Biden didn’t really carry the Latino vote, so that shouldn’t have been a surprise. It was the black vote that put him over, which Clinton didn’t have in these numbers.

• Like 3

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

Most of these jokes are more about his absolute lack of grace and statesmanship in defeat than the actual defeat itself. And that says a lot.

It totally does.

My opinions of the man are unprintable -- any articulation of them here would result in a post consisting almost entirely of ****.

That said . . . I really am ready to forget him. I want him to become so utterly irrelevant that there's no reason any more to ever think about him again.

And, you know . . . the schadenfreude aside (which I will confess I am enjoying, and will no doubt continue to luxuriate in for a month or two to come) . . . I'm so very very tired of hating, of being outraged and upset and despairing. It's exhausting and demoralizing and dispiriting.

I want to start liking things that are happening. This is a small step in that direction. I really hope it's only the beginning.

• Like 5

CNN is reporting on the world leaders that have congratulated Biden on his win: https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-07-20/h_041a0f10349d82123e9f9d102d47bc83

Considering that most of these people would have been advised not to say anything until it is a virtual certainty for diplomatic reasons and at least one of them (Boris) is a Trump supporter, I would say it is a done deal for anyone doubting.  I am prepared for the remote chance I might have to eat one of my best hats but I am OK with that.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It totally does.

My opinions of the man are unprintable -- any articulation of them here would result in a post consisting almost entirely of ****.

That said . . . I really am ready to forget him. I want him to become so utterly irrelevant that there's no reason any more to ever think about him again.

And, you know . . . the schadenfreude aside (which I will confess I am enjoying, and will no doubt continue to luxuriate in for a month or two to come) . . . I'm so very very tired of hating, of being outraged and upset and despairing. It's exhausting and demoralizing and dispiriting.

I want to start liking things that are happening. This is a small step in that direction. I really hope it's only the beginning.

You are of course quite right. With the way this year has gone, though, I am really, really, really enjoying having some good news for once, and the memes are just out of this world. I'm sure I'll calm down a bit by tomorrow, but for now, I'm just enjoying it all so much. I needed this. We all needed this.

That pic is real, by the way.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I doubt Trump and his tweets will go away. 

My ex and I used to hang our heads every time Trump was spewing stupid stuff like "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama has a fake birth certificate".   Not to mention, we don't care if Obama was/is a Muslim or not.  It was disgraceful to Muslims by Trump. 

Trump won't go away, but I think we most definitely can ignore him more. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

He’s getting banned from Twitter.

From what I'm just glancing at, that looks quite possible. 

You don't think he'll wheedle himself into Twitter again though?   He's a trouble maker spewing a lot of nonsense and I don't think he is ever going to change.  

Give him his own TV show then and keep him out of politics. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

FB_IMG_1604685858634.jpg

Is that Lord Buckethead? I can't remember Elmo.

I was hoping to see the candidates winning and losing when I stayed up to watch the US election the other night, but it was just two people in the BBC studio. It's all I watch elections for 😊

The campaign for the 45th president of the United States legitimately hosted a press conference at a landscaping store by an adult book shop and crematorium.

They seriously couldn't get a better location!? Silver lining is the hilarious tweets coming out of this whole debacle, like the one above. 

Edited by simplemint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.