what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I know that sound weird to you americans but I'm really happy that the Trump era is finish! 

We might have a re-count but I think Joe Biden really won this by a landslide and he really is most definitely the winner. I've never been 100% right on anything though.

All countries have much to get through from the pandemic, but America does need to re-build itself.   Thanks for asking about Americans and caring! 

• Like 1

BTW, contrary to some of the opinions I've seen expressed, Obama was able to complete 47% of his promises and compromise on 27% more.

So we should never dismiss their promises made when running for office, as they are the intent of the party platform and fulfilled fairly well, although Mitch McConnell certainly won't make that easy.   But, senate majority is up in the air atm and if Dems win he won't have such ability to obstruct  :)

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

We might have a re-count but I think Joe Biden really won this by a landslide and he really is most definitely the winner. I've never been 100% right on anything though.

All countries have much to get through from the pandemic, but America does need to re-build itself.   Thanks for asking about Americans and caring! 

😍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's all really about the platform created by Democrats, and they then nominate the ones that they both think will win and follow the platform. Joe & Kamala were also involved in developing the platform.

In other words, it's as much about the platform as the people they nominate to represent the party.  That's why I don't vote for a person -- I vote for what the party is attempting to accomplish -- even though I feel a sense of pride that a woman will finally be holding the second highest office in the land.

If Biden became frail no doubt others would step in to assist even more than they do. I've thought too that perhaps Kamala will ascend either due to death or incapacitation of Joe. But you never know, 78 might be the new 58!  :) 

Well, I was going off of you saying ,we'll see if Joe can bring back the middle class..

By me saying about him, meaning the party really not making it about him but who the VP is..

Joe wasn't doing it Alone, you can bet they were pushing who they wanted for his VP.. hehehe

Myself I liked Tulsi over Kamala because she is more toward the middle..Not that it matters but she also is a minority being Samoan and Hindu..

As much as Kamala ripped into biden like she hated him in the primaries, I was hoping for Tulsi..hehehe

Just to add: I'm a Samoan lover not a fighter!! \o/

hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

That is all he ever was. He has not got a drop of statesmanship in him. He is thin-skinned, brittle, narcissistic and blustering. He has no grace, no dignity, no humility, no magnificence and no convincing fake tan. 

So, THAT'S done. And my warmest congratulations to the American people -- who, I hope will now press, press, press the new President for real reforms.

Now, about Boris . . .

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The memes are just incredible. I can't choose between them. The internet is outdoing itself.

It's gonna flood a lot of the classics away.. I hope i don't lose a lot of my first world problems favorites.. those are the best !! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

BTW, contrary to some of the opinions I've seen expressed, Obama was able to complete 47% of his promises and compromise on 27% more.

So we should never dismiss their promises made when running for office, as they are the intent of the party platform and fulfilled fairly well, although Mitch McConnell certainly won't make that easy.   But, senate majority is up in the air atm and if Dems win he won't have such ability to obstruct  :)

I think the meaning of life went from 42 to 47..Because that number sure seems to be popping up a lot..xD

ETA: I just noticed the time stamp on the OP of this thread..... 11:47

I rest mah case!! \o/

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, THAT'S done. And my warmest congratulations to the American people -- who, I hope will now press, press, press the new President for real reforms.

Now, about Boris . . .

Yeah, I'm sorry about the Eton mess we've got going on there. I didn't vote for them. 

Fun fact: I was at an event once where Boris was the main speaker. He gave an impression of an old fashioned school master caning the young boys. The audience was entirely female.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

With respect - for a few brief hours I do not care. Only one promise was made by my Sisters and Brothers across the pond and it was kept.

Te salutant :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I didn't vote for them.

The thought that you had would have pretty much upended any certainties I cling to in this world.

Interesting, though . . . Boris is now much more isolated, internationally, than he was with Trump. It'll be interesting to see if the UK suddenly feels the need to try a bit harder to play well with the other children, now that they don't have a Trump America playing backstop.

Also, I worry about poor Nigel. Where ever will he play now? Is no one making plans for Nigel? 😞

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sirhc DeSantis said:
14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Expand  Expand  

With respect - for a few brief hours I do not care. Only one promise was made by my Sisters and Brothers across the pond and it was kept.

Te salutant :)

Thank you, and I understand.

I bring it up because so many think it doesn't matter whether Dems or Repubs are in power....but it does.  Those who say the parties don't matter use the excuse that campaign promises are not kept...but many are.

It's when the population thinks the 2 parties don't matter, are totally corrupt, and that the process makes no difference, that fascism arises.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.