what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Back to the subject of whether the media can be trusted to report election results . . .

Tim Murtaugh, President Trump's Director of Communications, posted a tweet this morning showing the supposed headline in the Washington Times the morning after the 2000 election, apparently proclaiming Al Gore the winner.

The problem being that the image of the front page of the Washington Post had been doctored -- It never ran a "President Gore" headline, as it pointed out in response to Murtaugh's tweet.

Murtaugh has since deleted the tweet.

"Fake News" indeed.

1847436326_WashingtonTimesBlank.JPG.6547d682d4ef13e220b288169c0a1638.JPG

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Back to the subject of whether the media can be trusted to report election results . . .

Tim Murtaugh, President Trump's Director of Communications, posted a tweet this morning showing the supposed headline in the Washington Times the morning after the 2000 election, apparently proclaiming Al Gore the winner.

The problem being that the image of the front page of the Washington Post had been doctored -- It never ran a "President Gore" headline, as it pointed out in response to Murtaugh's tweet.

Murtaugh has since deleted the tweet.

"Fake News" indeed.

That same election, there were actually a lot of newspapers that printed headlines calling Bush the winner and they then had to recall all of the papers and print a 'Neck & Neck / Close Race' type headline due to the recount that was going to happen in Florida.  You'd think, after the debacle of printing newspapers with "Dewey Defeats Truman" many years earlier, that they would have learned. 

These days, they really are much more careful about declaring an actual winner.

Though, IMO, most of the media is about as reliable as any politician.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This has become rather pointless, I think.

Gage, why don't we just leave this until January 20. You can post a triumphant thread about how right you were, and we'll all say how very sorry we were for ever doubting you, Eric, Don Jr., Rudy, et al.

Then we'll all convene to watch Trump's inauguration.

Which, as I understand it, has already been booked for the back parking lot of Joe's Plumbing Supplies and Bait Emporium, located just off Highway 14 in Moose Nuts, Wyoming.

I'll bring the popcorn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I'm sure there will be much more forthcoming this week. Again, it was premature for the media to call the race for Biden/Harris. There is enough funny business going on in swing states with ballots to question the integrity of the election.  A full count of all legal ballots is owed to EVERYONE who voted, doesn't matter which party you align with.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

25% of the votes in Fulton County were fraudulent. Sounds legit,

That's nothing compared with the fantastic job they did to construct 4,5 million of faked popular votes. The number that is Biden in front of Trump. Wow! That's really the Fraud of the century. Honest, how naive must one be to believe in such fairy tales?

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

I'm sure there will be much more forthcoming this week. Again, it was premature for the media to call the race for Biden/Harris. There is enough funny business going on in swing states with ballots to question the integrity of the election.  A full count of all legal ballots is owed to EVERYONE who voted, doesn't matter which party you align with.

I'm beginning to now think...nah!  Trump is not a dummy.  He could have his own TV show and make ba-zillions and I mean ba-zillions more than as a president.  He will go into TV some time next year, I'm sure, but not the White House.  He's losing money in the White House.  He'd be foolish.  Do you think he's that foolish, Gage?   Trump will probably buy his own TV station or something.  

He probably wants to go out looking like the tough guy but he doesn't really want to lose ba-zillions that he could make elsewhere.  Watch and see if he steers Barron towards politics or not.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Haha Ceka, if you'd been in Bible school as a kid you'd be one of students I've heard about who totally freaked out the Bible studies teacher and gave them massive headaches!  What! -- a child thinking logically with better critical thinking skills and confusing the teacher :) 
A question for you -- why do you think you were able to develop critical thinking skills while others immersed in some religions are more easily able to ignore logic?

In a short answer I'm gonna say, it's probably been handed down to me in my raising..

I could make a big long post going into details, but really it just comes down to who raised me.. They had the survival smarts and passed them onto me and still do to this day.. I'm grateful to them for that..

Those roll over into everything.. I don't just do that with religions.. That's probably why i test your empathy so much.. hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.