When a green lantern is mass abuse reporting innocent SL residents.

CruellaDiavule

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There has been this person that's been hanging out at info hubs and claiming they are the leader of the green lantern anti-grief society team that has crashed sims to counter other griefing, and been abuse reporting people 25+ more to get lindens to ban a certain individual.

I do believe they should report people when they are griefing sims, but this person has also been abuse reporting me, and several other people that hasn't done anything, and yet,  they get perma banned from SL cause Linden Labs don't care about looking at in-game report tickets.

Is there a way to do something about this, or do I just have to report him? I'm really scared I'll be permabanned next since SL is my hobby, and my creative outlet.

You can't know for certain that this person has been abuse-reporting you because LL do not reveal this sort of information. It is more likely the person is telling you they have AR-ed you as a scare-tactic. If they repeatedly say this to you then your best defence is to send the chatlogs to LL in an abuse report claiming harrassment. But I would only suggest this is a last resort.

• Like 2

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

You can't know for certain that this person has been abuse-reporting you because LL do not reveal this sort of information. It is more likely the person is telling you they have AR-ed you as a scare-tactic. If they repeatedly say this to you then your best defence is to send the chatlogs to LL in an abuse report claiming harrassment. But I would only suggest this is a last resort.

He's even said it on microphone that he's reporting and mass abuse reporting people left and right, so...?

And this has only been on voice tbh.

11 minutes ago, Schimeon said:

So when my friend got perma banned because of him AR-ing, it's just a scare-tactic? aight sis, you tried it, next.

When an abuse report is sent LL don't just take someone's word for it.

They check server logs, transaction reports, I'm logs etc

If your "friend" got perma banned it will have been down to their own actions.

Edited by belindacarson
spelling and friendlier wording.
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, belindacarson said:

When an abuse report is sent LL don't just take someone's word for it.

They check server logs, transaction reports, I'm logs etc

If your "friend" got perma banned it will have been down to their own actions.

As much as one would like to believe, this isn't necessarily the case at all times. Governance are human, too. Sometimes a Governance account may belong to a newly hired employee still learning their job. I've been banned before because of a dated charter member making false claims about me and coercing a newly hired Governance agent to issue a ban without actual proof of intent/offense, something I had to eventually have overturned with the admission from a senior Governance official that the ban was unjust and shouldn't have happened in the first place.

• Like 5

Well, this is a very old story, and a repeating one.

The Lindens can examine your logs and see that you are innocent -- if you are.

So somebody merely ARing you doesn't mean anything.

I have had griefers whom I have AR'd for crashing sims turn around and then harass me by creating day-old alts with my company name, invading groups and posting racist garbage, and then had hundreds of people AR me, and not that day-old alt, imagine. But the Lindens get it, that day-old is gone soon enough, and I'm still here.

While it's always possible that the Green Lantern people were mistaken, and then the Lindens were mistaken or "didn't look," I'm not sure I find that credible. This is an old story of a cat-and-mouse game that is sometimes "taken to the forums".

I suppose you lose nothing by ARing the person you believe to have AR'd you falsely to have a record put down, but you could also disengage and leave that hub and stop playing this game.

The Green Lantern fights real griefers who indeed are criminals. But there's this:

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

• Like 2

I know some members of the SL Green Lanterns.  In my experience, they adhere to the code of ethics you can find on their SL Wiki page, http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/The_Green_Lanterns

Anyone who's going around claiming to be with them and using the tactics you describe is most likely an imposter. 

In any case, you should Abuse Report THEM.  You could also relate the problem to Tahisha Fairplay, who is one of the actual GLs.

I disagree with your claim that "Linden Labs don't care about looking at in-game report tickets."  LL's Governance Team has told us repeatedly that they do read every AR.  However, they don't have to rely on "he said, she said".  They have access to all chat and IM via their logs.  (This does not apply to voice communications.  LL considers voice to be hearsay evidence, and they never consider it.)

I agree with Syo Emerald.  You should widen your horizons and stop hanging out at infohubs.  They are wretched hives of scum and villainy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Wasn't there a bunch of vigilantes a few years ago all in Justice League costumes with Green Lantern as the leader? I wonder if it's the same guy. Sounds like the same kind of personality too.

There was the justice league and also the lanterns.. There was different colored lantern guys..Green Red Yellow and so on.

I don't know about the lanterns as how they were, but yea, the justice league was pretty bad from what I remember.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Please be aware that the presence of an Abuse Report (or several) does not mean that the result will involve the termination of the account reported. There has to be clear evidence that shows that a Resident is violating the Terms of Service before we take action. If we do find evidence of a violation, that action is typically a warning or a suspension, as we prefer to give Residents the chance to correct their behavior (though we will issue terminations if someone really dun goofed, or ran out of chances). 

If you are encountering Residents that are threatening you and are crashing/griefing regions, we ask that you please block these individuals and file an Abuse Report when these incidents occur so that we may investigate further.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.