Women post, show off them pictures and let the boys comment on them!

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

i will quote what i already said which "covers" everything.

I am at a loss to understand how any of that constitutes an actual response to what I said.

But then, you clearly really know women, and we're all very grateful to you for explaining us to, um, us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am at a loss to understand how any of that constitutes an actual response to what I said.

But then, you clearly really know women, and we're all very grateful to you for explaining us to, um, us.

Fact is i was explaining to TT120 and not everyone, still though...

I think it's very simple what i write there and it wouldn't be necessary to write a university essay about it.

It means most women do not like being objectified (by men they don't care about) and there are also some of them that don't mind at all.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

(fwiw: the orange dress one is raw screenshot, the strawberry one is a little PShop)

Everwinter 070820_002 copy.jpg

I love this one in particular, it's got a vintage feel to it that makes me think of Judy Garland, back in the day. And most importantly, you look happy.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2020 at 12:42 AM, Laika Ravikumar said:

@Orwar

Personally and lol lets face it I have been out tonight too much wine , I regret that the guys who used to post on the 'how does your avi look today' stopped doing it because of the negative comments, i loved seeing them but hey who am I to say I'm not a forums favourite as my mouth runs away too much but come on guys keep posting I for one love seeing you. Just dont stop.

Haven't looked at that thread lately although i used to post, didn't even know women and men are arguing again over mesh objects.

Personally i don't post there because summer is great over here right now and the sea is 5 minutes walk from my house.

So just enjoying the warmth of the summer sun, swimming, having beers while watching soccer games etc with other people there and of course chat with those flirty and fine looking women at the beach. We also have some summer festivals so it would be a crime to waste time at home..

fWLlEWq.png

There will always be plenty of time during the cold winter days to post photos/argue/whatever to avoid boredom, especially with Covid still around.

So I'm still fussing over the comment that my avatar needed to be curvier, that it was "boyish"!!!, and unsexy. I shouldn't. The person is an asshat. But still, you can get 10,000 compliments and 1 bad remark and the brain tends to focus on the one bad remark, or mine does. So here are three pictures. Let's see if I can get them in the order I want. Top is original Seeker, basically how I've been for 11 years. Second one is a purchased shape (same head) that was very curvy (bust at 75 for starters). Third one is an in-between the two (bust at 47). Comments? Besides "quit paying attention to asshats"? (These are very quick snapshots, not taken for any artistic anything. )

Boyish???? :o

New shape original 82220_001.jpg

New shape paid 82220_001.jpg

New shape curvy 82220_002.jpg

Edited by Seicher Rae
better photo on #3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Some years ago, after toiling on my landscaping for an afternoon, I went next door to visit my late emergency backup mom, who asked "Who's that young boy you've hired to work on your yard. I think I will hire him."

I know boyish.

I am boyish.

You ain't.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

So I'm still fussing over the comment that my avatar needed to be curvier, that it was "boyish"!!!, and unsexy. I shouldn't. The person is an asshat.

Quit paying attention to asshats.

(I like the overall shape of the torso on the 3rd one.)

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Some years ago, after toiling on my landscaping for an afternoon, I went next door to visit my late emergency backup mom, who asked "Who's that young boy you've hired to work on your hard. I think I will hire him."

I know boyish.

I am boyish.

You ain't.

I never thought Seeker was boyish, either! Small, yes, especially for SL. She's tall average, has probably what would be a B cup irl, and has hips. You are one of the few people from the forum who has seen me inworld, so your opinion matters. And as I recall I was wearing something akin to dental floss on one of your visits. :)  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Quit paying attention to asshats.

(I like the overall shape of the torso on the 3rd one.)

I thought I said comments BESIDES "quit paying attention to asshats." It is like herding cats around here...

Sigh, I hate to admit it, but I kind of like #3, too. I laughed outloud when I applied the bought version #2. Maybe on someone else but all I could see was "chest". Also the hips were incredibly wide and the shoulders even narrower than the "slight" original! #3 has more body fat than the store bought! But they had the thickness cranked up. There was a LOT of changes between #1 and #3, and it was made easier by scaling back from the store bought. But going to #3 is a bit like giving the asshat a win. Demmit.

Thanks for the vote. That IS why I posted my insecurity the photos.

Funny/awful how body issues can morph from RL to SL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Same way tha when a woman grabbed my ass for example i never said "wtf are you doing! am i an object to you?"

I think you misunderstand the concept of being objectified. What if your girl only loves your ass and muscled torso, but could not care about your person, character? That, other than your fine pieces of meat, she would find you totally non interesting or special at all? Would you be ok with that?

5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Let's see if I can get them in the order I want.

Definitely #3 IMO. One is not bad either, just looks a little stretched torso-wise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I think you misunderstand the concept of being objectified. What if your girl only loves your ass and muscled torso, but could not care about your person, character?

Well i am not that muscular, just remain fit but i understand what you are saying. Why would that bother me, we get to meet in our entire life plenty of people who will be interested to whatever they find interesting about us. Some will be attracted to our body, others to character, others to financial status and the list goes on. Thats how attraction works. People always have their own view of another person.

As long as  i also liked a woman it never bothered me in my whole life if she just wanted to just have sex and didn't want the rest. Same way it didn't bother me if a woman didn't like my looks. For example 3 years ago i happened to be overweight (about 96kg and not treating my body properly) so while talking with a very sexy woman she did tell me "well Nick you do have some extra kilos". I can understand that as well, she was a very sexy woman and she knew what she finds attractive. 3 months later with exercise and diet  i was 20 kg less from what i was and i had a great summer.

Things are simple , it really is up to personal preference. Those women who are on Instagram and post their sexy looking photos know very well that they are actually showing of their body and objectifying it and that is perfectly fine and healthy , those who don't like to objectify themselves simply have a private account or avoid posting.

Everything is just personal preference and point of view.

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

So I'm still fussing over the comment that my avatar needed to be curvier, that it was "boyish"!!!, and unsexy... Comments? Besides "quit paying attention to asshats"?

I'd rate #1 first because it's feminine in an athletic, fit sort of way. After that would be #3 and then #2.

Also I wonder if asshat actually knows what a boy looks like!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

The best one by far, for my liking... the most balanced proportions, nothing "overloaded", a thoughtful composition.

The purchased option has a "I don't care, I'm chunking this out for money, big bust, huge hips, it's gonna sell" feel. Mr. Asshat can happily get it for his personal alt and be happy. 

The modified purchased one does get better than its original. But still, it doesn't seem "polished" yet and may need tweaking to give it a finished look.

• Thanks 1

OK, these comments, nice thoughtful comments (regardless of the choice of preference), are why I love the Forum. Thank you so much. Feel free to keep 'em coming.  It is nice to know that at least #1, the body shape I've been walking around in since Day 1 system, isn't universally seen as too flat, thin and boyish. And I appreciate the comparisons like on the torso ratio, etc. MWAH! ♥

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

Regarding "Objectified"... My meaning is waaaaaaay beyond "gosh, will he *do* me?"  And yeah, even in my corner of BDSM, some "dominant" who *only* sees sex toy is a boring dominant at best. There are plenty of those out there, you can tell because their name contains "Master" already and to make sure you know that, their tags over their heads will also remind you. :::eye roll:::

Objectification includes things like latex fetish, where a person is completely covered, head to toe, in latex, and only has :::cough::: parts like the mouth exposed. Or there are isolation blocks that fit over the head that do similar de-personalization. Then there is being turned into objects. For example I've been both a footstool and a table. Not sexual. A depersonalized object for service use. (Not my fave, but it comes with the territory.) It also does refer to being nothing more than a sexual piece of meat. Objectification goes to a form of humiliation play that is not for everyone and is not for beginners. It can do a tremendous amount of damage in the wrong hands (as should be obvious). It can send some people into deep flying subspace in the right hands. 

So "nice butt" can be a compliment or unwanted objectification... or wanted objectification.

Unless the person (and anyone of any ilk can be objectified) has consented to your objectification, then consider it UNwanted and don't be an asshat. That's kind of a simple "rule" to remember and follow.

(Heh, see my upcoming book, BSDM for SL Beginners, soon on a notecard near you!)

Edited by Seicher Rae
either, neither, nor, or... too effing early for grammar
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

So I'm still fussing over the comment that my avatar needed to be curvier, that it was "boyish"!!!, and unsexy. I shouldn't. The person is an asshat. But still, you can get 10,000 compliments and 1 bad remark and the brain tends to focus on the one bad remark, or mine does. So here are three pictures. Let's see if I can get them in the order I want. Top is original Seeker, basically how I've been for 11 years. Second one is a purchased shape (same head) that was very curvy (bust at 75 for starters). Third one is an in-between the two (bust at 47). Comments? Besides "quit paying attention to asshats"? (These are very quick snapshots, not taken for any artistic anything. )

Obviously the person that told you looked 'boyish' is visually challenged...

I think the second image is less realistic than the 1st and 3rd. I think the 1st looks younger than the others. The 3rd is more  full bodied and more woman-ish than girl-ish. But, that is just my opinion.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Obviously the person that told you looked 'boyish' is visually challenged...

I think the second image is less realistic than the 1st and 3rd. I think the 1st looks younger than the others. The 3rd is more  full bodied and more woman-ish than girl-ish. But, that is just my opinion.

Thanks, and an interesting comment on the age of the body. Asshat did have one legit point, and it was that after 11 years in SL maybe it was time to reflect that. Seicher's face can sometimes look very young, mainly because of perfect skin and my preference for very pale skins (the one I'm wearing now I consider dark for me). I ain't changing her face for anyone. :)

SR is a reflection of an ideal me in RL. And IRL I'm not a va-va-va-voom bombshell, nor do I want to be. It has to do with my older sister having that kind of figure, and I can remember how the straps dug into her shoulders and how her back hurt even as a teen! No thank you. But of course time does... sigh... change things around.

Edited by Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.