Women post, show off them pictures and let the boys comment on them!

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, since I jokingly went all Queer Eye from the Pixel Guy (which, incidentally, is my blog's byline) on Amanda's couch-n-candles pic, I guess I may as well be gentleman enough to offer some comments to the ladies who have posted here thus far. You can be guaranteed that my comments won't be of the 'phwoar!' variety, at least ;)

@n0minous - I'd call that head and skin demo combination a winner. The hair, too (Tram, by any chance?). It's a lovely look, and your brows are on point (I do love me a good eyebrow)

@shiviex - I get a real Alice in Wonderland vibe from this, probably because of the blonde hair and powder blue clothing. LOVE the sleeves on that top. If they were separate from the bra section and came in a black variant I would probably get those for Skell's bishonen persona, Syd

@Talligurl - What I love about your avatar is that - even though you change your hair and clothing regularly - you have a striking and distinctive style that's instantly recogniseable. Love that white-blonde hair against your darker skin tone, and the expression on your face in this pic

@Stephanie Misfit -  Good lord. That nose is TO DIE FOR. There are too many perfect noses in SL. It's wonderful to see a nose with character. Love (and own) that hair, love (and own) that outfit, and those eyes are so goddamn striking

@RowanMinx - FIRE. Damn, lady, that is an exquisite look. I would have loved to see the lighter part of the background behind your head, because I have a feeling your hair is equally as gorgeous as the dress and your overall look (and I'm all about seeing the details in a look), but in the context of the 'stepping out of the shadows and into the light' mood that you have going on there, the darker background does work best

@Panteleeva - There is sorrow, gentility, and hope all combined in this image. The melancholy of the rainy background and in your eyes, contrasted by the bright, hopeful lipstick and the glittery eyeshadow whose colour is echoed in the pale pink top. It's a wonderful, thoughtful image

@Elora Lunasea - Words often fail me when I see your images, so picture me throwing my shoe in utter delight instead. Risqué, glam, and stunning. Those lips draw the attention (yes, straight dudes' eyes will go elsewhere, I'm sure) but my focus is on those EYES and how the colour is echoed at the bottom of the dress. Gorgeous composition

@Lillith Hapmouche - Pixellation is IN this year, with that 8bit look. Stunning gold on the chain (my favourite tone), too!

@AdminGirl - I feel chilly looking at this one (!) but then I tend to dress in SL for the RL weather as much as I do the SL weather. This is a lovely simple look. A plain white tank, paired with any black bottoms will always work. Your curious expression in this shot has me thinking that you're trying to decide whether to run back home and find either a coat or a fireplace

@Cougar Sangria - Other dudes would be all about the lingerie (which, don't get me wrong, is exquisite) but I am all about THAT HAT. It lends a wonderful aura of mystique to this image, as do the deep shadows and the hint of lipstick

And I think that's me all caught up.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

can we, if needed of course, reaaaallly tell what we/i think?..

NO!!!

When i was little my mom told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut", so the next 4-5 years I didn't say much. Then I learned about lying and ever since I've been talking everybody's ears off. :D

Edited by Bent Luik
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Thanks @Skell Dagger! Love your blog btw, I learned a lot about BoM, appliers, etc. from it. :) I'm kicking myself for missing that free Catwa Freya unisex head lol. The hair is called 85(SNR) from DP Yumyum. I'm mainly proud of the face shape since I got pretty close to recreating one of my favorite singers, Mika Nakashima. SL's sliders are pretty easy to use now and the default head shape seems to be important for recreating faces.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

@Panteleeva - There is sorrow, gentility, and hope all combined in this image. The melancholy of the rainy background and in your eyes, contrasted by the bright, hopeful lipstick and the glittery eyeshadow whose colour is echoed in the pale pink top. It's a wonderful, thoughtful image

And I think that's me all caught up.

thank you so much for your comment. I really love how you clearly see a story in that pic  

Vitra-Metal-Wall-Relief-Little-Heart-rot.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

- I get a real Alice in Wonderland vibe from this, probably because of the blonde hair and powder blue clothing. LOVE the sleeves on that top. If they were separate from the bra section and came in a black variant I would probably get those for Skell's bishonen persona, Syd

Thank you Skell! I am so happy to see that you noticed every detail!

Edited by shiviex
  • Like 1

Petition to change this thread to Skell just giving us all thoughtful compliments. :D All kidding aside, it was a real pleasure to read. In times like these when the world is on fire in a million different ways, recognizing others positively does wonders for morale. For me, its a reminder that what I say or do has an effect on others and on myself.

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
fixed a thing.
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

- Other dudes would be all about the lingerie (which, don't get me wrong, is exquisite) but I am all about THAT HAT. It lends a wonderful aura of mystique to this image, as do the deep shadows and the hint of lipstick

Thank you for such a lovely observation Skell.  THAT HAT is all me, so much so I had to Fatpack it.  BTW, you wrote exactly the depiction I was going for.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Woman here, posting as requested. This is a picture of my alt.

50135365618_800f553fee_b_d.jpg

50135365618_660e730b81_o.png

for some reason I'm gettng a very modern day Game of Thrones vibe from this.  Also, the eye color really pops.  Love it. 

• Like 3

@Skell Dagger

You sir, are a gem. And as you know, I am equally in awe of your photos and styling.

The entire look was intentional in the repetition of color. I had on a pair of shiny, powdery blue boots that picked up colors in the dress also. FYI, the slip dress is old by SL standards - it's Stories & Co from a LuxeBox circa 2016, I think if I'm remembering correctly? Flutter Memel saw the photo and said she's been thinking of updating it. Maybe the photos of me wearing it gives her the push she needs :D  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i doubt it will be appreciated.. most would get arrested if walking around the same way in rl  :)

i don't have that many friends on the forums, better not make it less:SwingingFriends:

You are one of my favorite people on forums! I love watching you chase people off your lawn... I mean... thoughtfully guide people to the proper area for their topic.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 5:38 PM, n0minous said:

I saw the recent necro in the men's thread, but I'll bite. :P I'm male and also a prospective content creator who's considering using a female model for product ads. I'm also a penny-pincher, so I'm considering buying just a female head/body for an androgynous male avatar as well for normal use. Haven't purchased the head (Lelutka Fleur) yet since I'm waiting to demo Lelutka Ryn.

UMrsLvB.jpg

I'll call this post a social experiment as well since I haven't seen any demo head/body pics yet. 😂 I'm too proud of her to resist not posting lol.

That's a pretty head.

So what do you make?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.