Women post, show off them pictures and let the boys comment on them!

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, DeeVious Dagger said:

lol this will be interesting....

Not a fan of the background. :|

Outfit looks cool though!

• Like 1

Is this suppose to be a sexy women thread?  I have no idea of your intent and no one has asked you that I saw.  I don't usually dress my av in a sexy manner, so here is a pic because you just asked women to post a photo for commenting.

gjgj1_001.png.762f76edf42b92a1391ea7656b777c5b.png

I would love a "men as eye candy" post though. *fans herself thinking of the sexy avatars some people put together*

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling, commas, extra word. The usual
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Is this suppose to be a sexy women thread?

No. Whilst it appears some people caught the drift of the reason for the thread, it appears a lot of others didn't - so, here's the thing.

I made this thread in response to another thread being necro-posted, calling for men to post their pictures so 'the ladies' could comment on them. 

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I would love a "men as eye candy" post though.

It's a prod at the duality of how men objectifying women is bad, but women objectifying men isn't. It's about how any hint of a man enjoying a woman is considered dirty, oppressive or perverse, but a woman enjoying a man is cute, sweet, and romantic. 

Some people think that their idealistic dogma trumps reality and social convention, that their perspective is more important than others' liberty of expression, and that their authoritarianism is good whilst the established hierarchies of society are evil. Because this has been an escalating theme over time, some men have chosen to cease participating here, others have vowed to never post a picture wherein they're topless or otherwise suggestive; and whilst I'm very much aware that this is a loud minority of narcissists who think themselves above democratic society, the negative attention just isn't worth it, and it's easier to simply not share my pictures anymore.

The picture threads used to be about people sharing style and fashion, and nerding out about SL photography. Now there's a clique of self-proclaimed critics who view everything through their radically politicised lens and point out how people are bad and wrong, in response to which new threads in which such was explicitly asked not to be posted - but again, those types believe themselves above the rules and went ahead and continued on those threads as well. Now we just have a whole lot of picture threads and a whole lot of people not knowing the difference from one to the other. 

Thus, this thread. A 'social experiment', and yet another picture thread, to point out how twisted and hostile things have become.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

No. Whilst it appears some people caught the drift of the reason for the thread, it appears a lot of others didn't - so, here's the thing.

I made this thread in response to another thread being necro-posted, calling for men to post their pictures so 'the ladies' could comment on them. 

It's a prod at the duality of how men objectifying women is bad, but women objectifying men isn't. It's about how any hint of a man enjoying a woman is considered dirty, oppressive or perverse, but a woman enjoying a man is cute, sweet, and romantic. 

Some people think that their idealistic dogma trumps reality and social convention, that their perspective is more important than others' liberty of expression, and that their authoritarianism is good whilst the established hierarchies of society are evil. Because this has been an escalating theme over time, some men have chosen to cease participating here, others have vowed to never post a picture wherein they're topless or otherwise suggestive; and whilst I'm very much aware that this is a loud minority of narcissists who think themselves above democratic society, the negative attention just isn't worth it, and it's easier to simply not share my pictures anymore.

The picture threads used to be about people sharing style and fashion, and nerding out about SL photography. Now there's a clique of self-proclaimed critics who view everything through their radically politicised lens and point out how people are bad and wrong, in response to which new threads in which such was explicitly asked not to be posted - but again, those types believe themselves above the rules and went ahead and continued on those threads as well. Now we just have a whole lot of picture threads and a whole lot of people not knowing the difference from one to the other. 

Thus, this thread. A 'social experiment', and yet another picture thread, to point out how twisted and hostile things have become.

I figured there was a reason, but I do not check in daily or even weekly to see the constant drama, so I miss a bit of continuity.  In my naivety I just figured everyone wanted to create their own thread for whatever reason.  

I thought the original Vanity post was sufficiently named to create a space to show off the avatar that each of us has created in whatever perfect form we envision.  It morphed into some of the most creative camera work and post editing art that we humans can imagine.

Being a vanity thread it is suppose to call to a bit of our narcissism.  It's there in the title.  I love seeing the crazy, sexy, quirky looks that people have.  Personally love the sexy looks of all genders - probably because I am so uncomfortable with it for myself.

As far as objectifying each other - of course we are.  Isn't that the point?  We toss visuals only into these threads in whatever ideal we each have.  We want others to see it and admire it or we wouldn't put them in a public location.  In a way we objectify ourselves.

I didn't realize you were no longer posting in the threads due to drama.  I loved your intense look and photo style.  Yup, hot stuff.  Maybe you will choose to post again so I can quietly objectify you from corner I lurk in.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Eruka Nova said:

Don't mind people objectifying people.

First time i look at this thread.. and makes me wonder.. aren't mesh bodies actually .. mesh objects?

Actually they are a collection of vertices, edges and faces and arguing about objectifying polygon mesh objects does sound silly.

Now if it was about real bodies maybe it would be worth of some kind of a debate but still depends on which part of the planet somebody lives.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Now that's nice and all, but where are all the men that should be commenting on our pics?!

Eliminating the middle man by commenting in world on our avatars directly.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.