Was ejected from a furry adult land. Officer claims I look too young. Do I?

Allegra2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, just like the title says... I was roaming around a furry (adult) land, looking for a cute place to take a picture. There were people gathered dancing and chatting. I found my place and started posing to take a photo. and BAM! was teleported home... I tried again and again and kept being teleported home. Then finally an officer IMs me and tells me I'm being ejected because my avatar looks like a person under 18 and I'm breaking the SL T.O.S by being in an adult sim.... I know everyone has their right to administer their land as they wish, but this time I just don't get it. In my profile I say I am 26 years old and I am a woman. In Second Life I'm a human cow, very cute looking. I have an hourglass figure and my height is 6'23" (1.90m). Am I in the wrong here? Do I look I'm under age? Is it that extreme that they HAD TO eject me? What makes an avie look 'adult'?

[16:43]  : Howdy there
[16:44]  : you are getting tp-ed home due to your avi looks teen
[16:44]  : please adjust this and you are welcome to enter
[16:44]  : This is an Adult sex sim and does not allow young looks teen and child.

SNAP1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looking too young does not violate the TOS either.

You can have a child avie and LL would be fine with you on a sex sim. Just don;t do anything adult. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ says:

Are child avatars allowed on Adult regions?

Yes, child avatars are allowed in Adult regions, as long as they are controlled by a person who has verified themselves to be at least 18 years old. However, the avatar should not be in proximity to sexual content or activity; and must obey the policy prohibiting sexual *****.

Since Adult regions by design will often contain sexual content, child avatars should use caution in visiting Adult regions.

• Thanks 1

You don't look like a teen or child to me. Perhaps they are looking for larger cow udders. Unfortunately, the sim owner/officers have complete control and you must follow their rules. The chat from the officer seems rather polite and drama-free. I would just make changes they require and enjoy the sim. 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Your face does have a very youthful appearance, so I'm assuming that's what they were referring to. Like Rolig said, just move (I'm sorry, I really want to say mooooove because I like puns) along to a more welcoming place.

Aaaaw I love those puns *.* I live for those ♥

Yes I know I look youthful, but in my eyes not THAT youthful. Anyways I will do as you say.

21 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Looking too young does not violate the TOS either.

You can have a child avie and LL would be fine with you on a sex sim. Just don;t do anything adult. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ says:

I didn't know that. That completely contradicts what they say about me possibly violating SL T.O.S

1 minute ago, Bree Giffen said:

You don't look like a teen or child to me. Perhaps they are looking for larger cow udders. Unfortunately, the sim owner/officers have complete control and you must follow their rules. The chat from the officer seems rather polite and drama-free. I would just make changes they require and enjoy the sim. 

I would have done that, but the owner said my face looked like a teen because genus faces look young (I have the strong free head). She also admited she knew what she was talking about because she had one herself (?) So she said I had to change my head because genus looks like teens... like... wtf?

[16:54] : HI there sweety. yes i just got a report from my guard. he showed me, the head that you wear tends to look teen to tween.. this can project you to teen or child status... the TOS are kind of sticky on this .. so my sim.. has rules that its just not allowed here at all, all avatars have to look adult in face , body and attire .. so i make sure that we never have a gap with the rules.

[16:56] : any look of these .. around Lewd sex animations is breaking the TOS .. so even if you are just standing by it .. and have a young face .. that can get you banned <---(is this true?)

[17:02]   : I would rather .. not allow these looks .. than have SL ban some one
[17:02]   : I follow the TOS
[17:02]   : this is all by the rules
[17:02]   : there are lots of sims that do not follow the rules you can go to

This sounds like they just didn't want me there and just said my avi looked a certain way. Am I reaching too far?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Allegra2 said:

[16:56] : any look of these .. around Lewd sex animations is breaking the TOS .. so even if you are just standing by it .. and have a young face .. that can get you banned <---(is this true?)

From that region, maybe.  After all, it's their own rules they are talking about, so they can ban you if they want to.  LL won't.  There's nothing about your avatar's appearance in the policy about role play. Read it yourself and see.  

They are uninformed and trying really hard to keep themselves out of imagined trouble.  That's their problem, not yours.  Help them out by avoiding the place.  As I said before, if you're not there, it's their loss.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Allegra2 said:

I would have done that, but the owner said my face looked like a teen because genus faces look young (I have the strong free head). She also admited she knew what she was talking about because she had one herself (?) So she said I had to change my head because genus looks like teens... like... wtf?

[16:54] : HI there sweety. yes i just got a report from my guard. he showed me, the head that you wear tends to look teen to tween.. this can project you to teen or child status... the TOS are kind of sticky on this .. so my sim.. has rules that its just not allowed here at all, all avatars have to look adult in face , body and attire .. so i make sure that we never have a gap with the rules.

[17:02]   : I would rather .. not allow these looks .. than have SL ban some one
[17:02]   : I follow the TOS
[17:02]   : this is all by the rules
[17:02]   : there are lots of sims that do not follow the rules you can go to

This sounds like they just didn't want me there and just said my avi looked a certain way. Am I reaching too far?

I think you are not reaching too far. They just did not want to admit they were wrong. You were near a andace floor. And not only that, you do not at all look like a teenager to me. If I had to slap an age on you I would go with 21-23. They are full of it, so leave them behind and be done with them. 

Not only that, even if you were to look... 12 or whatever, just wandering a little too close to a sex animation does NOT get you banned (this is as a response to your question after the orange text).
This region owner, or officer, or whatever, simply does not like it when someone looks young, or "too young" in their opinion. She must have a real big issue with babygirls, the DDlg and ABDP scene too. And especially the babygirl and DDlg scenes are huge on SL, makes me wonder why nobody would be banned for looking too young there? (My RL partner is into DDlg and she too never heard of anyone getting in trouble with LL for looking "too young")

Anyway, as you mentioned before, region owners can set their own rules, but this one pretends they are LL's rules. So forget about them and find some place nicer. 

BTW, I too am wearing the Strong head by Genus. I wonder if they would feel I look too young too.

image.thumb.png.ac2de837244b370f49e6cf23c14e3e8f.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

From that region, maybe.  After all, it's their own rules they are talking about, so they can ban you if they want to.  LL won't.  There's nothing about your avatar's appearance in the policy about role play. Read it yourself and see.  

They are uninformed and trying really hard to keep themselves out of imagined trouble.  That's their problem, not yours.  Help them out by avoiding the place.  As I said before, if you're not there, it's their loss.

I will definitively completely avoid going anywhere near there in the future. I posted here in the forum in case I was so wrong I couldn't tell by my self. So thank youf ro taking the time to answer ☺

54 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I think you are not reaching too far. They just did not want to admit they were wrong. You were near a andace floor. And not only that, you do not at all look like a teenager to me. If I had to slap an age on you I would go with 21-23. They are full of it, so leave them behind and be done with them. 

Not only that, even if you were to look... 12 or whatever, just wandering a little too close to a sex animation does NOT get you banned (this is as a response to your question after the orange text).
This region owner, or officer, or whatever, simply does not like it when someone looks young, or "too young" in their opinion. She must have a real big issue with babygirls, the DDlg and ABDP scene too. And especially the babygirl and DDlg scenes are huge on SL, makes me wonder why nobody would be banned for looking too young there? (My RL partner is into DDlg and she too never heard of anyone getting in trouble with LL for looking "too young")

Anyway, as you mentioned before, region owners can set their own rules, but this one pretends they are LL's rules. So forget about them and find some place nicer. 

BTW, I too am wearing the Strong head by Genus. I wonder if they would feel I look too young too.

image.thumb.png.ac2de837244b370f49e6cf23c14e3e8f.png

YOU look absolutely gorgeous! ♥ thank you for putting everything in words I could understand easily ☺ Yes... at last I think half second life would be banned for looking young by now lol.

In conclusion, I wil find somewhere nicer to be!  

• Like 3

It sounds like the owners have set down strict rules and are willing to lose some visitors by enforcing those rules. Fritigern does give a good example of how the Genus head can look like an adult. I think skin greatly affects the way a face looks. Makeup is also a very 'adult' thing. If I had to play devil's advocate, I'd say 1) your eyes are large and don't have a noticeable amount of eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. 2) Your lips seem to be a natural pink and not glossy. 3) Your face shape has a large forehead, round cheeks and small chin. 4) You have red rosy apple cheeks. 5. Your brows are natural and unshaped. All of these are something an artist would use to evoke the sense of youth in a character. I suppose you could try to reverse every feature I mentioned but it seems like too much just to enter a region. I agree with the others that there are other sims you can go to.

• Like 6

Unfortunately you will find some sim owners who really dont know the rules as well as they claim they do, so will just eject you because of that. The best thing is like many have said find some place else. Their loss of a possible returning member to their sim.

While your face does have a young look, of course your body does not from the picture shown; but some owners just base your age upon your height and your facial looks. Even if you try and tell them your not playing a teen or child they wont listen or care. They get paranoid you are a teen and are going to do sex related things there to maybe report and try and get their sim closed.

At the end of the day none of it matters, its their sim their rules. They are god and decide who gets to be there regardless of what anyone else thinks is fair or not. Move on and put it and them behind you and find better places and times while here in sl.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Allegra2 said:

so my sim.. has rules that its just not allowed here at all, all avatars have to look adult in face , body and attire .. so i make sure that we never have a gap with the rules.

1. His sim, his rules. He doesn't have to stop only at what the TOS allows. The sim could be rated PG and still have kids banned.

2. Let's pretend for a minute that your avatar looked like an actual child. If you were hanging around near sex furniture, you'd definitely be risking The Boot from LL. While child avatars are allowed on Adult land, they are not allowed near adult activity.

In this case the guy is just overly paranoid. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Allegra2 said:
Well, just like the title says... I was roaming around a furry (adult) land, looking for a cute place to take a picture. There were people gathered dancing and chatting. I found my place and started posing to take a photo. and BAM! was teleported home... I tried again and again and kept being teleported home. Then finally an officer IMs me and tells me I'm being ejected because my avatar looks like a person under 18 and I'm breaking the SL T.O.S by being in an adult sim.... I know everyone has their right to administer their land as they wish, but this time I just don't get it. In my profile I say I am 26 years old and I am a woman. In Second Life I'm a human cow, very cute looking. I have an hourglass figure and my height is 6'23" (1.90m). Am I in the wrong here? Do I look I'm under age? Is it that extreme that they HAD TO eject me? What makes an avie look 'adult'?imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5

[16:43]  : Howdy there
[16:44]  : you are getting tp-ed home due to your avi looks teen
[16:44]  : please adjust this and you are welcome to enter
[16:44]  : This is an Adult sex sim and does not allow young looks teen and child.

SNAP1.jpg

I would say you have a youthful face, but isn't that what most older women want?, to look younger? I wouldn't say you look like a teen, but i have seen teens with that figure at my daughters school.. Its a bit unnerving when you 15 year old hugs a classmate  that you thought was a teacher.  

So long as you say you are 18+ i dont see the issue.. Some people are paranoid.. 

If you dont mind cave, you can come to my parcel and take pictures.. 

• Like 3

I have an adult venue. I've had problems with underage looking avatars coming to my place. I put up signs saying if you want to be here you need to look like an adult. The TOS may say you can be a child avatar in an adult area as long as you aren't actually doing anything adult, but there is no reason you'd need to be at my place as an underage avatar. I'm not going to wait around for them to do something. I'm just going to kick them out. They could say they are just taking pictures. They can say a lot of things. They can say they are a 200 year old elf even though they look like a 12 year old girl. They can say in their profile that they are 18+ (which tells me they know very well they look underage, otherwise why would you even go to the trouble of putting that in your profile?).  Would I kick you out for looking underage based on that picture? No, but I still could if I wanted too without being out of line. The fact still remains I can kick or ban anyone from my land for any reason I deem fit.

Edited by Tomomi Fukai
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tomomi Fukai said:

I have an adult venue. I've had problems with underage looking avatars coming to my place. I put up signs saying if you want to be here you need to look like an adult. The TOS may say you can be a child avatar in an adult area as long as you aren't actually doing anything adult, but there is no reason you'd need to be at my place as an underage avatar. I'm not going to wait around for them to do something. I'm just going to kick them out. They could say they are just taking pictures. They can say a lot of things. They can say they are a 200 year old elf even though they look like a 12 year old girl. They can say in their profile that they are 18+ (which tells me they know very well they look underage, otherwise why would you even go to the trouble of putting that in your profile?).  Would I kick you out for looking underage based on that picture? No, but I still could if I wanted too without being out of line. The fact still remains I can kick or ban anyone from my land for any reason I deem fit.

And here is the prime example of the god mindset that is caused here in sl because ll gives people so much power without any limitations as to when or how it should be used and why. that just because they can do things doesn't mean they should just do them just because they want too. such people dont really care on how many possible patrons they loose by doing this, which is why many sims eventually loose population numbers and eventually die because they no longer are getting enough donations to keep them running and the owner cant afford to keep them going by their own.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How is a "teen" so well-endowed? I dun getit.  The person who judged you is out of line.

Trust me, having dropped off and picked up my two teen daughters at high school for the past 3 years, there are PLENTY of teens that are that well endowed.. And a lot are freshmen. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

And here is the prime example of the god mindset that is caused here in sl because ll gives people so much power without any limitations as to when or how it should be used and why. that just because they can do things doesn't mean they should just do them just because they want too.

If you want to let child avies bump uglies in your place because you give them a free pass for having some bs in their profile about being an adult even though they appear to any reasonable person like a child that's your business. Pedophiles lie all the time. It's what they do. You'll meet plenty of them once they tell their friends your venue is a "safe space" for sexual stuff if that's what you want. And yes, in my place I am the one who decides if you can stay or have to go, just as you are in yours. 

Edited by Tomomi Fukai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Somehow, I find it pretty irritating that they consider something about a mesh head as an unmistakably hint of teenager age, but they greet a stranger with "hi sweety" in the same breath.

12 hours ago, Allegra2 said:

... like... wtf?

So yeah, guess that sums it up quite well as your final words on that matter with that place and a good cue to move on to other lovely places. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

You are also overly paranoid.

Actually I'm not paranoid. I left for a month and when I came back a had a constant stream of them after they figured out nobody was saying or doing anything. Once I started kicking/banning a few I'd caught in the act it stopped. I can only assume they'd told the rest of their little group of friends and they found someplace else. I'm not sure what part of "there is no legitimate reason anyone needs to be at my place as an underage avatar" people are missing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.