NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Io Bechir said:

I'm not sure it's the same issue, but this same thing happened to me earlier. One of the moles advised me to hold click on the rezzer and hold it down for 4 seconds to reset it. Then close any HUD notices that appear. Then click the rezzer again. 
Evidently this will resents the rezzer. 

Didn't see this until I got sick of waiting, abandoned that parcel and got another lol... but hopefully this will work for someone else. Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

So now that we can see them, thoughts? Love them or...? Did it change anyone’s mind? 

I've had a wander round the regions and I haven't changed my mind... still don't like them. I will try to grab one eventually, just for the creators pack, but I'd still rather have a houseboat or a log cabin.

I did manage to snag a houseboat during the rush but the location is a bit naff and it's yet another square parcel, which I hate. I'll try again for another one once the big release happens, or else I'll go back to the Logs.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I took the Content Creation pack. Interesting to see that they offer interior doors and safety railings. These are no transfer. People who will sell interior walls to split larger rooms, can not sell with these doors. But they fit perfectly in size and style so I suppose... sell walls without doors and offer support for those who can't place their doors in a wall?

I believe at least the Havana and Tortuga stilt homes have interior walls with door-shaped holes in them, so the content pack doors are probably intended to just plug into the existing mole walls.

Do the packs include ceiling molding too?  If so, it would be trivial to build your own interior walls out of prims.  Higher LI than mesh, but how many walls do you need?  The floor moldings are just a plank, but I think the ceiling moldings might have a little coved shape to them requiring mesh.  If the wall coloring system is like that of the logs, all existing colors are just tints of a single base texture, for which they also supplied materials textures.  Easy peasy to make your own prim addons, if matching ceiling molding can be found.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Io Bechir said:

I snagged one of the homes on water on the test region. 
It's definitely a different experience since there's nothing obstructing the view of your neighbor's home. If (the illusion of) privacy is a thing for you, or you enjoy a lot of greenery and that sort of neighborhoody feeling of the trade or Vics, then I'd say a stilt might not be for you. I lived on a houseboat before this and the privacy feels to me about the same.

The big draw for me, and the thing I'm trilled with is the fact that I'm on the water. I can moor my boat and still live in a house as opposed to a houseboat. If you're a sailor, this is huge. Definitely something different!

This is what I am afraid will be a deal breaker for me. I like a sense of privacy and seclusion. I will check them out, but I have a feeling I will be sticking to where I am currently at because it feels exactly like home.

• Like 3

Biggest thing about them for me is your view will almost always have big clusters of houses, and some places look quite messy. I don't want somebody else's porch 10 feet away from mine. I want a little distance, but also don't want to feel alone. Orientation and placement of things is also important to me. Gonna be an interesting ride.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

One of the advantages of being further away from the water is that your parcel might have trees. This is at the center of the island, in the Face Lua region.
image.thumb.png.c0f043d961fbbe0c48416ab4e2fa6f1c.png

Something like that could help with the allusion of privacy, especially if a few more palm trees were added.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coco Geddins said:

I'm really sad that i missed it :(

I think you only missed out on the problems. Only two test regions were released. I didn't get a stilt either. Hopefully they'll be able to have the full 3900 homes released starting tomorrow. With that many being rolled out in waves, you should be able to land one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I think you only missed out on the problems. Only two test regions were released. I didn't get a stilt either. Hopefully they'll be able to have the full 3900 homes released starting tomorrow. With that many being rolled out in waves, you should be able to land one.

ditto! Who knows, we may get it on Christmas day! So no rush at trying to perfect it! Don't do a Cyberpunk 2077! xD

• Haha 1

Just now, Eddie Hagoromo said:

ditto! Who knows, we may get it on Christmas day! So no rush at trying to perfect it! Don't do a Cyberpunk 2077! xD

Patch had said that they wouldn't release after Dec 23rd -- likely because too many people will be off on the 24th and the 25th is a company holiday.  He needs folks from multiple departments to do a new Theme release like this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch had said that they wouldn't release after Dec 23rd -- likely because too many people will be off on the 24th and the 25th is a company holiday.  He needs folks from multiple departments to do a new Theme release like this.

Remember the Vics last year. Maybe none of them came out on Christmas day, but they were released (it seemed like 24 hours a day once they got rolling.) They probably had different challenges they were dealing with in 2019. I'm grateful the Lindens and Moles have been able to accomplish so much in 2020.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Remember the Vics last year. Maybe none of them came out on Christmas day, but they were released (it seemed like 24 hours a day once they got rolling.) They probably had different challenges they were dealing with in 2019. I'm grateful the Lindens and Moles have been able to accomplish so much in 2020.

Definitely.  If they can get the full release out there, then we will still have Stilts to claimed on Christmas day.  But they have to get the release out by the 23rd.

Last year the Vic release happened on Monday, Dec 16th - a bit over a week before Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I been walking around a little and I for one have to say I still love these stilts. Even those that does not have open water in front have charm. But you do have to want to see your neighbors. The areas give me this open and free summer feeling. And there is cute little details all over the place. 🌴💗

Edited by Quiet Mirabella
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, foneco Zuzu said:

The lack of protected water regions adjacent to the borders of most stilt regions is a sad fact.

No way to navigate safely unless you go on a file.

Guess Air transport are much better served to reach the spot where they will connect to Satori or nautilius.

Should not be more cheaper with the cloud to have more protected water regions?

We Hoped that Lindens/Mole will add these waterways to satori to use as aviation and sailing as well with GTFO! Commerce between Bay City to Second Norway!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Well, since I am leaving home for the holidays today I am going to miss them. Would've been nice... 😑 Y'all have fun with them.

I'm wishing you guys merry Christmas and happy holidays. 🎄 
May 2021 be a better year and bring more positive vibes to all of us.

Happy holidays! I have a feeling you'll still be able to grab one sooner than you think so please don't feel too bummed. The pull of GoH is too strong, people won't hold on to what they snag forever. Some of us not even for a single day 😆

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Well, since I am leaving home for the holidays today I am going to miss them. Would've been nice... 😑 Y'all have fun with them.

I'm wishing you guys merry Christmas and happy holidays. 🎄 
May 2021 be a better year and bring more positive vibes to all of us.

Merry Christmas Chuckey! You can still get one from your phone, I actually got an amazing spot last Summer while I was in the middle of nowhere. 

And congrats to all the new owners! From what I've been reading, it is been quite a long wait. I have seen some of the beautiful people in here have got really beautiful homes... (don't forget to kindly share you abandons in the other thread...)

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.