NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

I belive they are going to work on the issues today, and I hope but doubtful that a release today.. or tomorrow ..?

Patch has mentioned the problem in chat today but no indication of when it will be fixed. I'm thinking it might not be before Christmas. Hope I'm wrong:)

EDIT: Update from Patch inworld in response to a question about a release today:

Patch Linden: We can't until an engineer can fix the issue with experience tools grid-wide... I've got my fingers crossed but the issue is largely out of my team's hands unfortunately :(

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Thanks 10

8 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Patch has mentioned the problem in chat today but no indication of when it will be fixed. I'm thinking it might not be before Christmas. Hope I'm wrong:)

EDIT: Update from Patch inworld in response to a question about a release today:

Patch Linden: We can't until an engineer can fix the issue with experience tools grid-wide... I've got my fingers crossed but the issue is largely out of my team's hands unfortunately :(

Oh! I hope nobody blames LL because they have abandoned their home for a Stilt house. Sometimes sh*t just happens. People still have time to go back and snap up a Trad or Log home to have just over Christmas.

It can still be solved today, but the time start to run out for a Christmas release. 😧

• Like 6

Oh!  I had no idea the house controllers were using Experiences!

/me mutters to herself about seeing issues with an LSL experience teleport script a couple of months ago, tho AVsitter always seems to work.  Only certain Experience invocations?  Looked like an initialization issue that was not easily repeatable.  As if the script sometimes got stuck in a bad state on entry.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While not really to my liking, the placement of the Stilts aren't really that much different than what you'd fine in some of the communities along the Florida Keys.

And similar close placement just about anywhere there is a fairly in-demand residential beach area in the US. (I'm thinking the southern North Carolina islands north of Myrtle Beach, SC for one - the style of homes is closer to the stilts but the spacing is really close too).

93df49f427981e89ea2f96281780aa86l-m42924

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJX0mtIUJTMMDe2rqVxpa

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I've vacationed on the NC coast - Outer Banks a few times in various locations. The stilts are very similar in feel although there are none over water there. Certainly a hurricane risk. Land is a premium so unless the house is upper OB where there's a lot more space between the houses (but really hard to get to unless you have a truck lol) you're going to find densely situated houses right along the shoreline. 

Also similar to some Florida Key homes and I assume other coastal homes in the Panhandle. Seen some like this even at the southernmost areas of the NJ coast.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
spelling of course
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Over in Dauphine the plots have blue markers - no idea what that means lol

Dauphine_001.png.8ae84ef6c4ae2f154c1ee8523d17c3b8.png

I've seen the perimeter lines on other regions you can walk where the homes have not yet been released. I was touring a log home region like that the other day. It was an unnamed one. Not sure exactly what the lines are for though, if it is just a planning remnant that hasn't yet been removed or something else useful to the moles pre-release or what.

Also... Daphne is looking pretty nice in that shot, even to a stilt hater like me. That's probably the most appealing aerial view I've seen so far, I really want to go there and walk around. Something about the amount of land lining the piers and the density of trees. I'm really curious if it would feel different on ground level than the other regions I chose to wander around in yesterday or if it's just the angle of your great pic!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

The biggest difference between the Real Life Stilt homes and the SL Stilt homes must be that the windows on the walls facing another house is small, or no windows at all.

True, most of the windows are front & back, rather than on the sides. 

If we go back to many of the Traditional homes and Campers that are on beach stretches, there really isn't much landscaping between those either.  The difference there is also the lack of huge windows that would look directly at neighbors.

The Stilts along the piers really aren't that different from the Houseboats.  The Houseboats have lots of windows along the sides with neighboring Houseboats lined up in rows.

• Like 1

Just now, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I’m sending a little prayer for the engineering team at linden lab. Praying for a Christmas Eve eve eve miracle 

If it's not sorted by early tomorrow then I think there's unlikely to be a release before Christmas:(.  Patch has said if the release isn't done by 23rd then no release before Christmas (assuming he's including the 23rd).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

True, most of the windows are front & back, rather than on the sides. 

If we go back to many of the Traditional homes and Campers that are on beach stretches, there really isn't much landscaping between those either.  The difference there is also the lack of huge windows that would look directly at neighbors.

The Stilts along the piers really aren't that different from the Houseboats.  The Houseboats have lots of windows along the sides with neighboring Houseboats lined up in rows.

The windows do have blinds, of course. But if you're averse to turning off the view of your parcel from outside, or generally just like having some sort of barrier between you and neighbors, you may not be pleased with the stilts. 

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The biggest difference between the Real Life Stilt homes and the SL Stilt homes must be that the windows on the walls facing another house is small, or no windows at all.

Yes! And there is more to it as well with real life versus Second Life. In real life they are usually closer together and more uniform than their SL counterparts. I was drooling over the first picture with the more modern minimalist stilts. They have much more of a city condo vibe to me, which is more my style. But if those were in SL they'd just look like ugly boxes and I'd hate them! Funny how that is, hahaha!

2 minutes ago, Io Bechir said:

The windows do have blinds, of course. But if you're averse to turning off the view of your parcel from outside, or generally just like having some sort of barrier between you and neighbors, you may not be pleased with the stilts. 

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me the lack of privacy thing isn't really a privacy thing. After all, you can set it so no one outside your parcel can see or hear you. It's an aesthetic thing for me, not being a fan of what I see out my windows or even just from my backyard/deck.

• Like 10

Just now, Cyanide Pixie said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me the lack of privacy thing isn't really a privacy thing. After all, you can set it so no one outside your parcel can see or hear you. It's an aesthetic thing for me, not being a fan of what I see out my windows or even just from my backyard/deck.

Yes, that's what I meant before about 'privacy' - you put it better than I did:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Yes! That sums it nicely.
For me, it's the opposite. I love decorating and the big open floorpans and windows are a great way to show off your decorating and I think add to the beauty of the region. 
Of course, if your neighbor's are another story. Having this kind of view could be horrible if your neighbors want to throw up tacky things. But coming from the HBs, I'm used to dealing with that. De-render was a friend of mine.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Io Bechir said:

Yes! That sums it nicely.
For me, it's the opposite. I love decorating and the big open floorpans and windows are a great way to show off your decorating and I think add to the beauty of the region. 
Of course, if your neighbor's are another story. Having this kind of view could be horrible if your neighbors want to throw up tacky things. But coming from the HBs, I'm used to dealing with that. De-render was a friend of mine.

Ahahaha, I feel that. I have a houseboat neighbor with full bright neon pink rugs sticking out of her walls.

I mean, hey... I don't want to stifle anyone's, uh, creativity... I just don't necessarily share their artistic vision. Derendering is often a must! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Ahahaha, I feel that. I have a houseboat neighbor with full bright neon pink rugs sticking out of her walls.

I mean, hey... I don't want to stifle anyone's, uh, creativity... I just don't necessarily share their artistic vision. Derendering is often a must! 🤣

Yeah, things could go very badly on the stilts in that regard. The potential for that is huge. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.