NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

You can still get one from your phone, I actually got an amazing spot last Summer while I was in the middle of nowhere.

Oh my gosh, yes, this is such a good suggestion/reminder. All you'd have to do is make sure you abandon your land now and you can try for one on mobile! Smaaaaart!

• Like 1

Maybe I shouldn't have abandoned the one I got in Alagoon, but heck, it wasn't making me exited, so I just took the content pack and went on my way. I can be Stilt - less to 2021 if the problems continue so LL can't launch the big release. First world problem. 🤨 I would not have time to do much with it because RL takes up so much time now. So no tears.

I was flying around a bit, and it is not many Pier houses. I originally wanted one of them. But Pier houses appear to be close and in line, so unless you are on an end, you get a neighbor on each side and nothing in between to give privacy.

The land houses had some good locations, especially those up on the small slopes. If one want some feeling of privacy, those are it. But not many of them either. I am not sure what I should try to pick the next time there is Stilts on the page. It is the location in the region and the region itself that really matters, and open view to at least one side. That can be difficult to get.

The demo region gave me a much better feeling for the Stilts than the finished ones. Or it is me who's stressed in RL and the excitement is wearing off. They are great, but SL is as RL... Location, location, location.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I believe at least the Havana and Tortuga stilt homes have interior walls with door-shaped holes in them, so the content pack doors are probably intended to just plug into the existing mole walls.

Do the packs include ceiling molding too?  If so, it would be trivial to build your own interior walls out of prims.  Higher LI than mesh, but how many walls do you need?  The floor moldings are just a plank, but I think the ceiling moldings might have a little coved shape to them requiring mesh.  If the wall coloring system is like that of the logs, all existing colors are just tints of a single base texture, for which they also supplied materials textures.  Easy peasy to make your own prim addons, if matching ceiling molding can be found.

I could not see any molding. I looked inside the two biggest houses, and it is no doors at all. Only openings, and I believe the doors are made to fit the openings perfect. That's why there are so many different versions. No need to stretch, as long as one can move an object it is going to be easy to install doors.

There are some cheap mesh creator packs on the MP, but then the doors will need to be stretched to fit in.

One of the large houses has 2 huge rooms upstairs, and one of the rooms has 2 door-shaped openings. One in each end. Easy to rez only a prim wall and use the doors from the content pack. And then, 2 bedrooms or one bedroom and one bath, with minimal work and minimal build experience. If one does not bother with moldings.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe I shouldn't have abandoned the one I got in Alagoon, but heck, it wasn't making me exited, so I just took the content pack and went on my way. I can be Stilt - less to 2021 if the problems continue so LL can't launch the big release. First world problem. 🤨 I would not have time to do much with it because RL takes up so much time now. So no tears.

I was flying around a bit, and it is not many Pier houses. I originally wanted one of them. But Pier houses appear to be close and in line, so unless you are on an end, you get a neighbor on each side and nothing in between to give privacy.

The land houses had some good locations, especially those up on the small slopes. If one want some feeling of privacy, those are it. But not many of them either. I am not sure what I should try to pick the next time there is Stilts on the page. It is the location in the region and the region itself that really matters, and open view to at least one side. That can be difficult to get.

The demo region gave me a much better feeling for the Stilts than the finished ones. Or it is me who's stressed in RL and the excitement is wearing off. They are great, but SL is as RL... Location, location, location.

I have to be honest that I'm not a fan for all the reasons you've listed. The stilts make me realize exactly how much nice mole landscaping and privacy are important to me. The water ones have zero privacy and I was noticing even the sailing water can be really narrow, the fully landlocked ones have some privacy but I hate how stilts look on land, and then there's the pier ones which would be what I'd go for but I'd need one to be perfect. I was walking around the currently released sims and I did find a couple pier ones that I could see myself in, one in particular was the first on a pier off land and it had nice wide sailing water out the back and then the side closest to land had good wide landscaping. But snagging a parcel like that would be a needle in a haystick.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I could not see any molding. I looked inside the two biggest houses, and it is no doors at all. Only openings, and I believe the doors are made to fit the openings perfect. That's why there are so many different versions. No need to stretch, as long as one can move an object it is going to be easy to install doors.

There are some cheap mesh creator packs on the MP, but then the doors will need to be stretched to fit in.

One of the large houses has 2 huge rooms upstairs, and one of the rooms has 2 door-shaped openings. One in each end. Easy to rez only a prim wall and use the doors from the content pack. And then, 2 bedrooms or one bedroom and one bath, with minimal work and minimal build experience. If one does not bother with moldings.

Seeing the doors is really exciting, because one of the things I've wished from looking at add ons for other homes is that some kind full perm mesh creator out there would make matching interior doors for each home style. The home model I choose is heavily dictated by the quality of the add ons available... The ones that are original mesh where the creator modeled the doors and molding off the linden homes are the ones I spring for. 

Now with internal doors in the content pack, I'd feel pretty confident I could grab some general full perm walls and piece together my own custom interior layout and make it pretty seamless. Matching molding would be icing on the cake!

This is also exciting because of the upcoming open plan chalets. They are allowing us to customize more and more with each new home style release. So much praise to the team for giving us beautiful homes and listening to our wants and needs. 🥰

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
I can haz grammar
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I agree. I think the demo region was beautiful. I have felt a bit underwhelmed though by seeing the regions now because of these regions and things others have mentioned. I wish there were more of the little sand banks between homes (like you have trees and hedges on other themes) to give more of a feeling of separation. There are a few and they look wonderful and really add something. Because of the lack of landscaping the view is starkly just of other houses when you are on the OW or Pier (looking from your deck). Feels like a Stilt jungle lol. The view really isn't great:( I know naturally there are always lots of other homes around in all the themes, but the landscaping goes a long long way to affect how that feels.

I like the Piers best but getting the right spot might be difficult. I did consider an OW , but I don't like the way they are oriented - the back deck is always facing someone another home's deck (with nothing in between). I really don't want to face my neighbours like that lol! (I'm assuming because the front has to face the water channel? I hoped that maybe you could rotate them like the logs, but no joy there).

Either people generally won't mind or there will be alot of trees/fences/other separating objects put up around the regions for more privacy. That could get ugly if not done tastefully and in theme.  There are a handful that are positioned really nicely, but not enough to risk trying for it and not getting anything good.

Not meaning to like a debbie downer about the homes, honest! Just my initial opinion.  I appreciate what LL has been putting out there for us, they have done a beautiful job with the builds and regions in the various themes overall! It's just I feel a bit underwhelmed having seen the Stilts layout. I do love the actual houses themselves, just not the way the environment has been laid out and lack of sandy banks in between. LL can't please everyone🙂 I'm sure there are many who will be delighted with home:) And we still have more themes to come (wish now there are some more water themes, but doubt it somehow).

EDIT - as a positive footnote, Derender and Draw Distance are our friends!:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Not meaning to like a debbie downer about the homes, honest! Just my initial opinion.  I appreciate what LL has been putting out there for us, they have done a beautiful job with the builds and regions in the various themes overall! It's just I feel a bit underwhelmed having seen the Stilts layout. I do love the actual houses themselves, just not the way the environment has been laid out and lack of sandy banks in between. LL can't please everyone🙂 I'm sure there are many who will be delighted with home:) And we still have more themes to come (wish now there are some more water themes, but doubt it somehow).

Same, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer either. I'm still chuffed to bits by this release because it is making so many people happy and gives more for us to explore. Not every home style and neighborhood layout will be for everyone. There are plenty of people who don't like logs or trads or vics... it's not that they are bad builds or regions, they just don't suit their style or their needs. All regions have beauty to them and I enjoy walking around and taking in the scenery. Plus, with those of us who are likely skipping stilts, it's just more in the pool for those who will really love them!

• Like 7

I am super happy that not all styles is loved by all people. It gives us less competition. I am going to use my chance on Stilt homes, until the release is gone, in hope to get a good place. But it is no sadness for me if I don't get one. I will not sit on a Linden home unless I am exited about the location. Better give it up to someone that really want one.

I am actually curious to see the Chalet landscaping. It was put together very quick for the demo region, so maybe I can be surprised in a positive way. 🙂

I have a feeling that the Stilt demo region was more lush, with more trees and more variation. But no unhappy face. I can not love all regions and all styles, it is natural to have favorites. I do not feel guilty because I don't gush over 100% of the releases. I totally love some, and love some a bit less.

Edited by Marianne Little
added last 2 sentences.
  • Like 5

i have been flying around the new Stilthomes  ,and to be honest   ,i'm not impressed  ,i dont like how they are placed ,to much cramped ,not much landscaping , 

i was planning to try at least one Stilt home ,but nah its not my thing , i stick to the old Trads and Vics and houseboats .

• Like 2

Like most of you, I don't have one yet, but based on descriptions and photos, it appears that the stilt homes are essentially houseboats for people who prefer to live in a house.  Flat, sandy, beachy, and the feeling of a greater home density due to few natural features that create a sense of privacy.  That appeals to a lot of people, but obviously not everyone. 

As others have said, this is a good thing, as it frees up other types of homes that may be more to your liking.  I'm still waiting for a theme that really speaks to me, but can usually find something to like in all of them.  

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

As others have said, this is a good thing, as it frees up other types of homes that may be more to your liking.  I'm still waiting for a theme that really speaks to me, but can usually find something to like in all of them.  

It's a perfect time for getting many of the other themes - there have been nearly all the homes available almost all the time since yesterday on the LP -excepting houseboats - I've only seen a handful of those available, but lots of trads, log homes, campers and Victorians. I think LL need to do another water theme, it's seems the most popular based on current scarcity and enthusiasm for the Stilts.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

There are some lovely hangout locations amongst the Stilts. They are so pretty and love the addition of some colour with the flowers.  This one at Lorelei would be great for Bellisseria parties:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lorelei/138/116/21

Lorelei_001a.png.e61a2565da37ab5d2680d1722d8bf745.png

The moles have done a wonderful job with public spaces all over Bellisseria.  I just wish they were a bit more functional animation wise.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.