RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

51 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Hope you will enjoy the weirdness of things underwater then. :)

/me peers out into the distance, squinting her eyes against the reflections on the waves, looking for signs that something unusual may be occurring under the water (and keeping one eye partially on her mini-map to make sure no one sneaks up behind her and pushes her in).

1024136629_20200601atHither_001.thumb.png.74e53b0c1b47af9d268ad489bc16f233.png

Looking forward to seeing what you've done when it's finished :)

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

Hope you will enjoy the weirdness of things underwater then. :)

The underwater bubble stuff is just awesome! All raw, all great! 👍 ❤️

N.B. I had no idea even you could leave an avi inworld (kinda like asking 'Where does the light go when you close the refrigerator door?') I figured it would just 'poof' out, as it were.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 2:46 PM, Eva Knoller said:

@kiramanell In addition to the built-in BD poser and purchased poses, there is also the Lelutka Axis HUD. It is great if you don't use Black Dragon or don't feel like fiddling with the poser for your face. It is the single most used HUD I own. In moves every bone in the face and head, and the HUD is super user-friendly and intuitive. So you can tilt or turn your head, smile, raise an eyebrow, etc. Oh, and it works on every head, not just Lelutka. 🙂 

I want to thank you again, Eva, you totally rock!! ❤️ I bought it, and it's so easy and intuitive, even I can do it. :) (Or can I? Was expermenting a bit today, with my head turned, and slightly tilted upwards. Then I took a screenie, went to Phoshop, and, dangit, I had forgotten to move my eyes along with my head. LOL. Let's just say I didn't look pretty, and leave it at that. 😬)

• Like 3

RL work calls.  Fortunately, I'm still able to accomplish it from the comfort of home... or my building platform, as the case may be.

Raw, only cropped:

1002856707_BuildBox_004.cropped.thumb.png.96b3000476587b6717cf2611dd24489d.png

Curves adjusted:

771280972_BuildBox_004.cropped.curves.thumb.png.47b19f511cd4ad8e2cd4a6427fc3edcd.png

It's not a huge difference, just enough that I'm more happy with the lighting.  Windlight is (SS) Atmos 6 day cycle, and according to SL it's late morning 🙂

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

@kiramanell  Yay! So glad you like it!

If I could possibly impose on you once more, do you also happen to know a way to adjust the position of your extremities and such? (That's putting it a bit too medical, LOL, but you know what I mean). Like some poses are great, but leave my hand clipping thru my dress or something. And I'm too OCD to be able to ignore that. :) Sometimes I wish I could just lift my arm a little, or a hand on a knee not clipping thru my bod like crazy.

20 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

If I could possibly impose on you once more, do you also happen to know a way to adjust the position of your extremities and such? (That's putting it a bit too medical, LOL, but you know what I mean). Like some poses are great, but leave my hand clipping thru my dress or something. And I'm too OCD to be able to ignore that. :) Sometimes I wish I could just lift my arm a little, or a hand on a knee not clipping thru my bod like crazy.

Of course! The in-viewer Black Dragon poser is the best for this, but if you don't use that viewer then there are two that I am familiar with, AnyPose and Animare. I have both, and I have used the Animare HUD the most of the two. You can't make precise, small movements with that one, but it is the easier (and cheaper I think?) of the two. I am pretty sure they both have inworld stores where you can demo. Good luck! 

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Of course! The in-viewer Black Dragon poser is the best for this, but if you don't use that viewer then there are two that I am familiar with, AnyPose and Animare. I have both, and I have used the Animare HUD the most of the two. You can't make precise, small movements with that one, but it is the easier (and cheaper I think?) of the two. I am pretty sure they both have inworld stores where you can demo. Good luck! 

AnyPose may indeed do it. 👍

poses that can be easily played back, and adjusted on the fly to fix "Hand stuck in leg" and all the other problems associated with fixed poses and various avatar sizes.

Looks very promising. Thank you. ❤️

• Like 2

While waiting for a region restart, I put the free tapestry up on my houseboat along with the free crop tee. Moira let us know on another thread that Petite Morte has these as free group gifts at the store BUT you don't need to be a group member to get these.

blm houseboat 060320_001.jpg

• Like 14

On 6/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, kiramanell said:

AnyPose may indeed do it. 👍

poses that can be easily played back, and adjusted on the fly to fix "Hand stuck in leg" and all the other problems associated with fixed poses and various avatar sizes.

Looks very promising. Thank you. ❤️

Animare is indeed cheaper, and in most regards has the same basic functionality of AnyPose. In fact, Animare shows numerical values for the individual elements of each pose, which is a handy (if time consuming) way to record poses.

AnyPose is, however, better in terms of being able to save poses, and it lets you pose other avatars if you are in a place where you can rez their pose stand.

Also, if you pay more for the full AnyPose, with all the bells and whistles, it lets you export your poses as BVH files, which you means you can re-import them into SL as regular poses/animations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Animare is indeed cheaper, and in most regards has the same basic functionality of AnyPose. In fact, Animare shows numerical values for the individual elements of each pose, which is a handy (if time consuming) way to record poses.

AnyPose is, however, better in terms of being able to save poses, and it lets you pose other avatars if you are in a place where you can rez their pose stand.

Also, if you pay more for the full AnyPose, with all the bells and whistles, it lets you export your poses as BVH files, which you means you can re-import them into SL as regular poses/animations.

Thanks, Scylla and Eva. 👍

I got this one; https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AnyPose-BVH-Pose-Stand-Includes-AnyPose-Animator/774336

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LOL, having typical Kira moment here, where I am understanding exactly nothing. :P Wearing HUD, nothing works. Sigh. A manual, for that money, would be nice, grrrr. And their alleged help website is down too.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

LOL, having typical Kira moment here, where I am understanding exactly nothing. :P Wearing HUD, nothing works. Sigh. A manual, for that money, would be nice, grrrr. And their alleged help website is down too.

You're using the basic one? And you're in a place, obviously, that allows scripts, right?

I'll need to get in-world and remind myself how it works. It's sort of second nature to me at this point, and I can't recall all the steps!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're using the basic one? And you're in a place, obviously, that allows scripts, right?

I'll need to get in-world and remind myself how it works. It's sort of second nature to me at this point, and I can't recall all the steps!

Thanks for replying, Scylla. And LO, what's that expression again? "One person's unsurmountable hill is the pebble you step over." 😛

So, yeah, was wearing these (both, and single)

AnyPose Animator HUD v1.82
AnyPose BVH HUD v1.82

Neither seems to animate anything (my avi is Bento enabled). I tried poses, expressions, moving hands, etc., nada.

Of course, I don't even really know where to start. And their website is still down. :(

*Somebody* reads sig lines, and I believe that *Somebody* is trying to bribe me. Cool! I can absolutely be bought, and these adorable mer cupcakes are an excellent *Start* (I didn't say I could be bought cheaply.)

Where else to show off the new treats but sitting on a horde of so-called treasure? More of the underwater build in progress. Screenshots. Black Dragon. I've been building in FS, so was sooooooo surprised at how it looked in BD!   Close in to show the adorbs cupcake and a little further out for context.

gigi mer cupcake 060420_001.jpg

gigi mer cupcake 060420_002.jpg

• Like 11

Good morning all!  I felt like a steaming cup of Nope this morning... so that's what I had.  Raw, cropped only.

770768763_SteamingCupofNOPE_011.cropped.thumb.png.9f2efbd3a664de0e32772167f23b41b8.png

And with adjusted curves and text added:

1845878106_SteamingCupofNOPE_011_Ad.thumb.png.4a54a795136e16017ad62c26157c1291.png

I am tickled with this picture, and it only took me 11 shots for my AO to cooperate and give me something decent to work with :P

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 13

26 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I am tickled with this picture, and it only took me 11 shots for my AO to cooperate and give me something decent to work with :P

Don't ya love it? And when you finally do get your avatar to cycle through the whole darn animation series, your click finger is too late, you miss the right pose and get to start all over again? I know there's a way to fix that, I think with editing, but that tends to take me as long as not. Also have you ever tried to get a photo of a bird or some other animal (worse, a group of animals) that are animated, with heads turning this way and that? oy  :D

Love the photos and I need a cup in RL like that.

ETA: What am I saying??? I have not had my coffee yet! I have an Oatmeal comics nope mug, from his Exploding Kittens (eek!) card game

image.png.cc365e8944add6513ddb5d91c4430be1.png

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Good morning all!  I felt like a steaming cup of Nope this morning... so that's what I had.  Raw, cropped only.

770768763_SteamingCupofNOPE_011.cropped.thumb.png.9f2efbd3a664de0e32772167f23b41b8.png

And with adjusted curves and text added:

1845878106_SteamingCupofNOPE_011_Ad.thumb.png.4a54a795136e16017ad62c26157c1291.png

That's probablty the most joyful look I've seen on your avi. 😍 You have this "I'm having NOPE, and I like it" look on your face. Very cute, and well-lit. 👍

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.