Make Us Laugh!

Overheard in a restroom.

Stall 1: Hi. How are you?
Stall 2: I'm alright.
Stall 1: So what are you up to?
Stall 2: Um. Just trying to handle a little business over here.
Stall 1: Can I come over?
Stall 2: Excuse me!?
Stall 1: Listen, I'll have to call you back, there’s an idiot in the next stall answering all my questions!

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Overheard in a restroom.

Stall 1: Hi. How are you?
Stall 2: I'm alright.
Stall 1: So what are you up to?
Stall 2: Um. Just trying to handle a little business over here.
Stall 1: Can I come over?
Stall 2: Excuse me!?
Stall 1: Listen, I'll have to call you back, there’s an idiot in the next stall answering all my questions!

I overheard something funny the other day. In the foyer of the reception, which is right next to the restaurant/lunch room (which is open to the public), there were some people queueing and two English-speaking persons were skimming over the weekly schedule on a monitor. One of them spotted the word "Wallénhallen" and exclaimed "Wow, Wallenhalla?! Like the Viking place?! Is that real?!". He got really excited. I couldn't help but chortle. 

• Haha 3

On 10/28/2021 at 5:03 PM, BjorJlen said:

70addc6fb78eb82cccec8c61bb27943e.png

I had a similar experience. One morning, I woke up with that "glad I'm alive and with you" feeling. With my eyes still closed, I put my arm around my partner and turned to kiss him...and got a big happy slobbery tongue kiss from our Labrador Retriever, who'd replaced him in the bed.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I had a similar experience. One morning, I woke up with that "glad I'm alive and with you" feeling. With my eyes still closed, I put my arm around my partner and turned to kiss him...and got a big happy slobbery tongue kiss from our Labrador Retriever, who'd replaced him in the bed.

I am almost afraid to ask, but why not? Was it a step up, and did you appreciate it too? Because in Dog language, "Dog" means "Love". :)

Peace...

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

just watch trains plow through the snow, which is really neat to see.

We don't get a lot of winter rail traffic since the power plants converted from coal to natural gas, but I sure loved running to the tracks when I heard the horn in the distance, and waiting for the coal train to plow though.

• Like 3

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me, and we all could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple advice I heard on a Dr. Phil show, I have finally found inner peace.
Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started. So, I looked around my house to see things I started, and hadn't finished; and, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreo's, a pot of coffee, the rest of the Cheesecake, some Saltines, and a box of Godiva Chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband.
Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up!
Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!'
The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?'
The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

• Haha 6