Make Us Laugh!

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How to irritate OCD folks - I'd have to immediately start re-arranging them.

image.png.c4a7f19593802784f98212382d0c7603.png

I just remembered the excitement when Mom brought home the first 36 egg carton we'd ever seen. It contained 18 brown and 18 white eggs and we were playing tic-tac-toe and mini-checkers in short order.

"King Me!!!" produces messy and delicious results.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Rearranging them how?  

I always use my eggs starting at the ends and working my way in - keeping the ends as balanced as possible as I go.  So those would all get moved into the middle leaving each end row empty.

Part of the reason for that is my slight OCD tendencies, but also so the weight of the carton stays balanced, helping me to not drop it or spill eggs as I pull it from the fridge.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I always use my eggs starting at the ends and working my way in - keeping the ends as balanced as possible as I go.  So those would all get moved into the middle leaving each end row empty.

What the hell is wrong with you, Li'l?

Yeah!  The right way is to move three eggs so that the ends are both full and you leave two empty rows in the middle.  Move the fewest eggs possible.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Cleaner wording
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah!  The right way is to move three eggs so that the ends are both full and you leave two empty rows in the middle.  Move the fewest eggs possible.

How many eggs have to be moved isn't relevant to me.  I want them all in the middle of the carton.  

My husband has, more than once, intentionally moved eggs around in the carton just to mess with me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How many eggs have to be moved isn't relevant to me.  I want them all in the middle of the carton.  

Does it bother you at all that the little pink stamp on each egg is off-center by a different amount, and they are all rotated in illogical ways? QA is seriously lazy in the egg business.  When we pay extra for premium eggs, we expect better care.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Does it bother you at all that the little pink stamp on each egg is off-center by a different amount, and they are all rotated in illogical ways?

My OCD tendencies are mostly pretty minor and sometimes odd.  The stamp being off and eggs not all totally upright doesn't bother me much.  

However, ALL of the eggs MUST be placed with their pointy side Down

Forgot the last word
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My OCD tendencies are mostly pretty minor and sometimes odd.  The stamp being off and eggs not all totally upright doesn't bother me much.  

However, ALL of the eggs MUST be placed with their pointy side 

up?

I suppose should be careful setting fire in an egg conflict. Gulliver might show up and pee on us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Part of the reason for that is my slight OCD tendencies, but also so the weight of the carton stays balanced, helping me to not drop it or spill eggs as I pull it from the fridge.

That is exactly what I do.  I never thought of it as OCD but just making sense.  Guess I thought everyone did it like that.  😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is exactly what I do.  I never thought of it as OCD but just making sense.  Guess I thought everyone did it like that.  😁

Stop it, all of you!

I have never, ever been so close to rage quitting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

However, ALL of the eggs MUST be placed with their pointy side 

up?

DOWN 

I fixed the post

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I always thought it was logical to, since it keeps the carton weight balanced.

However, my husband once balanced the weight by distributing the eggs as @Rolig Loon suggested, with the open spots in the middle.  He chuckled when he saw me rearranging them to fill in the middle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

the open spots in the middle

I have witnessed this arrangement resulting in a carton breaking in the center when lifted by a person assuming the remaining eggs were in the center.

• Like 2