Make Us Laugh!

Once a woman invited some people to dinner.
At the table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?"
"I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied.
"Just say what you hear mommy say," the woman answered.
The daughter bowed her head and said, "Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"

• Haha 8

After being married for 25 years, a wife asked her husband to describe her.
He looked at her carefully, then said, 'You are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K.'
'What does that mean?' she asked suspiciously.
He said, 'Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy, Gorgeous and Hot!'
She beamed at him happily and said: 'Oh, that's so lovely! But what about I, J and K?'
'I'm Just Kidding!'
(The swelling in his eye is going down and the doctors are fairly optimistic about saving his genitals).

• Haha 5

When the wise company president learned that his employees were tanking upon no-trace vodka martinis during their lunch hours, he issued the following memo:
To all employees; If you must drink during you lunch hours, please drink whiskey. It is better for our customers to know you're drunk than to think you're stupid.

• Haha 4

I stopped at a fast-food restaurant recently. I was fascinated by a sign which offered Fat-Free French Fries. I decided to give them a try.
I was dismayed when the clerk pulled a basket of fries from the fryer, which was dripping with fat. He filled a bag with these fries and put them in my order.
"Just a minute!" I said. "Those aren't fat-free."
"Yes, they are. We only charge for the potatoes . . . the fat is free!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Though I abhor exercise, it's becoming apparent in this second year of Covid that I need it. I bought an Apple watch last year as incentive to become more active, but I was able to resist until this morning. The watch has been charging on my nightstand for eighteen months.

I put it on when I got up today, half expecting I'd need to open the band another notch to fit my wrist. Happily, that wasn't necessary. I figured out how to start the Activity app and walked down my driveway to get the mail. As I reached the mailbox, a little voice from my wrist announced "You have closed your activity ring for the day.".

Now I'm sitting here at the end of my driveway wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Though I abhor exercise, it's becoming apparent in this second year of Covid that I need it. I bought an Apple watch last year as incentive to become more active, but I was able to resist until this morning. The watch has been charging on my nightstand for eighteen months.

I put it on when I got up today, half expecting I'd need to open the band another notch to fit my wrist. Happily, that wasn't necessary. I figured out how to start the Activity app and walked down my driveway to get the mail. As I reached the mailbox, a little voice from my wrist announced "You have closed your activity ring for the day.".

Now I'm sitting here at the end of my driveway wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Make an immediate left turn.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:41 PM, Ardy Lay said:

Make an immediate left turn.

I tried turning left as you suggested, but still found myself far from home at the end of my driveway. I eventually had to walk all the way back to the house, vastly exceeding my exercise goal.

Last night, while recuperating on the sofa, my watch commended me for reaching the day's "move goal". I can apparently do that simply by lifting popcorn to my lips with my watch hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3