Do cisgender women like to admire other womens' looks?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:58 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just asking here because I need a female perspective on this and there are a lot of women here. And I just wanted a conversation.

As a cisgender man it's obvious that I would admire women, although I occasionally think a man could be attractive.

Edited by Evah Baxton

I'm just asking here because I need a female perspective on this and there are a lot of women here. And I just wanted a conversation.

As a cisgender man it's obvious that I would admire women, although I occasionally think a man could be attractive.

Edited by Evah Baxton
  • Haha 1

Edited by Evah Baxton
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

Your question makes more sense if you mean straight rather than cis. Please tell me you haven't forgotten that lesbians and bisexual women exist. 'Cause yeah, there are cis women who do more than admire other women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warning: Lexxi puts her trans nerd hat on.

15 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I don't identify myself as Trans or Cis

Totally. I'm trans but I don't 'identify' as such because Transgender and Cisgender aren't 'identities' any more than 'tall' or 'short' are identities for tall or short people. They're adjectives which describe the relationship between our gender and how our body was assigned at birth. To be even more pedantic, there are trans people who purposely make their transness part of their identity alongside rejecting the notion that any of us should have to 'pass' as cisgender in order to be valid. This goes hand in hand with liberating ALL women and men from being judged by societal standards of beauty and presentation which are often racist and ableist as well as sexist.

16 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

but I was identified as female at birth and I'm still female.

That's just another way of saying you're cisgender.

*ducks*

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Totally. I'm trans but I don't 'identify' as such because Transgender and Cisgender aren't 'identities' any more than 'tall' or 'short' are identities for tall or short people. They're adjectives which describe the relationship between our gender and how our body was assigned at birth. To be even more pedantic, there are trans people who purposely make their transness part of their identity alongside rejecting the notion that any of us should have to 'pass' as cisgender in order to be valid. This goes hand in hand with liberating ALL women and men from being judged by societal standards of beauty and presentation which are often racist and ableist as well as sexist.

This is really well expressed.

I think I've mentioned here before, somewhere, that years and years ago I had a friend who created specialized shapes for post-surgical trans women that were intended to represent the distinctive morphology of a post-op. I'm not sure what he based that look on exactly, but what struck me as most interesting and important was the acknowledgement that for some trans women, even in SL where passing is very easy, being trans was an important part of who they were.

It's all more complicated than the simple cis/trans binary suggests/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

wtf is cisgender. omg I just can't keep up with all the genders.....

Edited by Tarina Sewell

12 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

wtf is cisgender.

Anyone who isn't transgender is cisgender. The term cis originates in latin and has been used in reference to gender for decades but isn't very well known because there usually isn't a need to use it in everyday conversation.

• Like 1

To the OP:

We are visual beings, most of us.  The human eye is the most amazing part of the body to me.  There are two eyes but it sees as one is even more cool, for lack of a better word.

It is said a man is 'more' visual in that a man can be aroused visually quicker than a woman.   I think that is partly true.  There are different things that arouse woman...woman can sometimes be a little slower to arouse.  Visual doesn't always work.  But, a man.... look and shwing!   Of course, there are variables in what I'm saying.

However, woman are the primary shoppers of the world.  Most of the household items are decided by the woman.  There are variables here too.

The music industry uses this knowledge to get women interested in buying 'what she is wearing'.  The music industry is a bazillion dollar cosmetics business now.  I kept seeing Taylor Swift in women's magazines and began to wonder who she because she was everywhere - although I am not one of her music fans now that I know who she is.  The 'beauty' and fashion magazines list everything Taylor Swift is wearing for just one photo shoot kind of like bloggers here in SL give a list of everything they are wearing on their avatar.  

Businesses bank on women being visual every single day.

We are all visual creatures but men and women are different.  The visual senses of the woman are the driver of consumerism.  Men don't quite get into that as much.  Men are simpler in many ways....though they like to be stylin' too...the drive is just not as strong as it is for a woman for the most part.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

WTF is "cisgender"?

It has been explained a number of times in this thread.

See this response from Lexxi.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:41 AM, LexxiXhan said:

Anyone who isn't transgender is cisgender. The term cis originates in latin and has been used in reference to gender for decades but isn't very well known because there usually isn't a need to use it in everyday conversation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

well. Ok then. Man, it was much easier in school when we were taught we were either boys or girls!

I know this is a shock to many, but humans are supposed to continue learning once we leave school. Some people even take on the daunting task of continuing to learn things throughout their entire lives! Sometimes people even learn that what they originally learned was wrong! Crazy, huh? 

I've been out of school for about 30 years. I'm constantly amazed at the things I didn't learn in 20 years of schooling. It's almost like things continued to happen after I graduated and the world didn't just stop and freeze in place. 

• Like 1

well. Ok then. Man, it was much easier in school when we were taught we were either boys or girls!

People are complicated! And what's more, we keep changing the damned rules, and moving in new directions. If we didn't, we'd still be living in caves.

Kudos to you for noting that things seemed much simpler in the "good old days" (they weren't really: we just didn't talk about the complexities), but not responding with hostility to this new information. As Beth says, it's our ability to learn, and adapt, that sets us apart from other species!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

People are complicated! And what's more, we keep changing the damned rules,

Yeah, back in school they tell you that someone either has a Y chromosome or they don't.  Period.  However chromosomes don't always line up in nice little pairs nor stay in nice little pairs like they should.  XXY, XYY, YY, XXX also exist.  Add to that, nature does not always obey its own rules.  XX males and XY females can also be found in the world.  It's fair to say that for 95% of the world they either have a Y chromosome or they don't. But even if just 1% fall outside of this norm, that leaves many millions of people that don't fit in the binary system.

And that's just the genetics before we get into how one identifies themselves.

♪"Boys will be girls and girls will be boys; it's a mixed up jumbled up shook up world except for Lola. El oh el a, Lola"♫

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.