Do cisgender women like to admire other womens' looks?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm just asking here because I need a female perspective on this and there are a lot of women here. And I just wanted a conversation.

As a cisgender man it's obvious that I would admire women, although I occasionally think a man could be attractive.

Yes and no...it depends on your actual adjectives and what you think "attractive" means.   Attraction to me means "sexual" or alluring...as well as like magnets attracting.   So, as far as attraction, no.  Some related adjectives yes...such as gorgeous, lovely, glamorous.  I want to know where she bought the dress, the make-up, the bracelet, the shoes...etc...so these adjectives would cover what you are asking in your title.  If I love a particular lipstick...etc...I will ask...both rl and sl.  Women do this a lot - I come from a family of nearly all women.  It has nothing to do with "sexual".   

beautiful, alluring, glamorous, lovely, inviting, fair, enticing, interesting, charming, pleasant, good-looking, tempting, gorgeous, engaging, pleasing, handsome, adorable, agreeable, comely, enchanting

Edited by FairreLilette

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don’t find you at all grumpy Alwin. You just uphold high standards. The forum would devolve into chaos without your benevolent stewardship.

now i get scared :) 

( can't help it a lot, i know i'm not often a 50 shades of grey guy.. more a black/white view on life and things)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Those prefixes originate from Latin, where "cis" means "this side" and "trans" means "other side". My first encounter with them was in organic chemistry class, where they were used to describe the location of methyl groups with respect to double bonds in organic molecules.

We now know of trans people as those who transition to the other gender or simply identify as being of the other gender (with respect to society's classification of their physical selves). While the use of "trans" seems natural because it's used in the word "transition", there wasn't a word to describe the far more common situation of people who's self view matched society's view of them. As awareness of the spectral nature of gender increased, someone decided we needed a prefix for that and coined "cis". So now we have transgender folks who identify as "the other" gender from their physical presentation and cisgender folks who identify the same as they appear.

I'm sure my explanation is missing some nuance, but there ya go. Latin also gives us "ambi"gender, which describes people who are everywhere and/or nowhere in the spectrum. I'd love to meet someone who's fiercely ambigender. I'm ambivalently cisgender.

I'm starting to feel like one of those Nascar Cars with all those stickers all over them and just about out of room for any more.. hehehehe

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

I don't have very high standards

Mr Orwar, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

but one will have to be a little more civilized than a primate to rouse my interest. 

Oh. No, you're not. Sorry. 

• Haha 4

The terms “Girlcrush”,  “Mancrush” and “Bromance” generally apply to cisgender people and pertain to extreme admiration of someone of the same sex without the erotic desire automatically being (consciously) attached.

So I’d say Yes.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2969d52dd6d280412cf3

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Do cisgender women like to admire other womens' looks?

An extensive world-wide, all-including survey suggests that 3,110,092,423 cisgender women on this planet indeed do like to admire other women's looks (at least once in their lifetimes) and 250,541,002 don't, for various reasons, as specified below:

- 25,340,123 are visually impaired

- 18,340,123 were unresponsive to our survey questions

- 18,001,270 are (most unfortunately) permanently denied company of other women

- etc.

Anyway, the answer to the OP's original question in this thread is  3,110,092,423 / (3,110,092,423 + 250,541,002) x 100% = 92.5 %

Any follow-up questions?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

An extensive world-wide, all-including survey suggests that 3,110,092,423 cisgender women on this planet indeed do like to admire other women's looks (at least once in their lifetimes) and 250,541,002 don't, for various reasons, as specified below:

- 25,340,123 are visually impaired

- 18,340,123 were unresponsive to our survey questions

- 18,001,270 are (most unfortunately) permanently denied company of other women

- etc.

Anyway, the answer to the OP's original question in this thread is  3,110,092,423 / (3,110,092,423 + 250,541,002) x 100% = 92.5 %

Any follow-up questions?

Yes.

Where have you been since 2006, which is approximately the year Earth's population of women surpassed 3,360,663,425 (3,110,092,423 + 250,541,002)?

There are currently 3,850,249,536 of us gals here, and 3,915,366,464 of you fellas.

I'd like those odds, but I'm batting for your team.

12 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There are currently 3,850,249,536 of us gals here, and 3,915,366,464 of you fellas.

Ah, nope. Just lost a guy in Kenya-- Oh, never mind, another one rezzed in Japan.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What the heck is a cisgender woman? I can't keep up with all the terms there are nowadays..

I had to google it. 

Have you ever heard of sniglets? 
"A sniglet (/ˈsnɪɡlɪt/) is an often humorous word made up to describe something for which no dictionary word exists but should."

It's sort of the opposite of that to me ...

42 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I had to google it. 

"A sniglet (/ˈsnɪɡlɪt/) is an often humorous word made up to describe something for which no dictionary word exists but should."

It's sort of the opposite of that to me ...

I never heard of them before ,but I did find them on youtube..hehehe

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yes!

I had Rich Hall's Sniglets calendar long ago. I actually still use some of the words I learned from him...

• Lactomangulation (LAK to man gyu LAY shun) - n. Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk carton so badly that one has to resort to using the "illegal" side.
  • Elecelleration (el a cel er AY shun) - n. The mistaken notion that the more you press an elevator button the faster it will arrive.
  • Houndwounding (hownd' wown ding) n. - Canine act of circling a spot three or four times before settling on it.
  • Hudnut (hud' nuht) - n. The leftover bolt or screw in any "some assembly required" project.
  • Pockalanche (pok' uh lansh) n. - Perpetual action of reaching down to pick up an item fallen from a shirt pocket, only to have another item fall out.

The last word on that list wouldn't have stood out to me if not for watching Dad do exactly that countless times when I was young. The relative paucity of pockets in women's blouses is all the evidence I need that gals are smarter than guys.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I had a Rich Hall's Sniglets calendar long ago. I actually still use some of the words I learned from him...

I couldn't say exactly why, but this one was always my favorite:

Subatomic Toasticles (sub ah tom' ik toh' stik uhlz) n. - Tiny fragments of toast left behind in the butter.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Those prefixes originate from Latin, where "cis" means "this side" and "trans" means "other side". My first encounter with them was in organic chemistry class, where they were used to describe the location of methyl groups with respect to double bonds in organic molecules.

We now know of trans people as those who transition to the other gender or simply identify as being of the other gender (with respect to society's classification of their physical selves). While the use of "trans" seems natural because it's used in the word "transition", there wasn't a word to describe the far more common situation of people who's self view matched society's view of them. As awareness of the spectral nature of gender increased, someone decided we needed a prefix for that and coined "cis". So now we have transgender folks who identify as "the other" gender from their physical presentation and cisgender folks who identify the same as they appear.

I'm sure my explanation is missing some nuance, but there ya go. Latin also gives us "ambi"gender, which describes people who are everywhere and/or nowhere in the spectrum. I'd love to meet someone who's fiercely ambigender. I'm ambivalently cisgender.

I googled the term before I even entered the thread, but thank you for explaining the nuances.  I don't identify myself as Trans or Cis but I was identified as female at birth and I'm still female. Anyway, I like to look at everyone. 

• Like 4

There are some people, and not many people, and it doesn't matter whether they are M or F. You capture them via your retinas, and there's a WOW factor which can't be rationalized. You want to lick them clean. You want to binge on their visual image, or their mannerisms and movement. 

I once captured an image of a girl in the city. Her outfit was simple, but was silky and flowing and short, with killer heels. She was athletic skinny. But what was indescribable was how she moved. She was rhythmic, and sexual. She must have been a dancer, maybe ballet. 

If she had said, let's get a room, I would have been butter in her hands. Simple as that. So yeah.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

There are some people, and not many people, and it doesn't matter whether they are M or F. You capture them via your retinas, and there's a WOW factor which can't be rationalized. You want to lick them clean. You want to binge on their visual image, or their mannerisms and movement. 

I once captured an image of a girl in the city. Her outfit was simple, but was silky and flowing and short, with killer heels. She was athletic skinny. But what was indescribable was how she moved. She was rhythmic, and sexual. She must have been a dancer, maybe ballet. 

If she had said, let's get a room, I would have been butter in her hands. Simple as that. So yeah.

You're quite right about that irrational aura that surrounds some people in some way. It's a fragile thing though. A photogenic face or body might go to pieces when it moves. If their movement is also magic, there's the potential for voice to take them down. If the magic survives speaking, it might take a few minutes for some intellectual or ideological fault to bring fingernails to the blackboard. I recently posted about witnessing one of those people at my local Apple Store. She was other worldly until she spoke with the voice of a chipmunk.

Long ago, while walking through the galleria at the bank were my ex-hubby worked, three women in office attire were walking the other way. The one in the middle was nearly take-your-breath-away beautiful. I was so focused on her that I walked into one of those sand-filled ashtrays, knocking it over. The bowl went rolling across the floor like that hub cap after the car crash. When it finally rattled to a stop, I got a around of applause from others in the galleria. My benchmark for beauty since then has been whether it causes that hubcap sound to rise from my subconscious.

More recently, I went to the post office to deliver a package. As I was getting into my car, a woman pulled up in a fire-engine-red Corvette and stepped out. She was blonde, gorgeous, and wearing a matching red dress and impossibly high red patent leather heels. Her walk to the entrance was a study in sexual energy. Thankfully, on exiting the parking lot, I did not knock down a road sign.

I did hear the hubcap.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

^^^^^^YES YES YES

Go on any course or seminar and look around the room. Make judgements on appearance...…………….

THEN...…..as soon as they open their mouths on the intro session......it all flips on its head.

Been there done that.

• Like 2

I'm verified cisgender AND voice verified! So I'm an expert, you can trust me to give an authoritative answer: Yes.

Speaking personally, from my vaunted position of expertise, I *like* to *admire* lots of things and people. I *like* to do that, and have a preference for that over grumbling about ugly things and as*hats, or ugly things in as*hats. Admire doesn't mean assigning a sexual attraction to something. It might. It usually does not.

And cisgender doesn't mean hetero in case anyone is wondering.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I recently posted about witnessing one of those people at my local Apple Store. She was other worldly until she spoke with the voice of a chipmunk.

There are times when high frequency hearing loss complicated by tinnitus is a blessing, rather than a curse.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.