Just something to talk about.

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rasterscan said:
On 1/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, Beth Macbain said:

I won't click any licks to that website since I consider it the National Enquirer of SL. 

I simply had to click it after you said that. Was good, glad I did.

Enquirer-like or not, they are usually well-written, easy-to-read, short articles. The only caveat is that the subject matter is almost always three to six months late to the party.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 2:52 PM, Beth Macbain said:

I won't click any licks to that website since I consider it the National Enquirer of SL. 

In this case, it may be worth it, Beth.  I followed the link and found out about "FaceApp".  FaceApp is a smartphone app that can apply filters to your photos.  You can do things like age a person, make them younger, change their gender.  But for me, the nicest one was a "smile" filter.  When applied to an avatar's picture, it produces an amazingly realistic smile, much better than anyone's been able to do even with Bento so far.

I found that it is possible to install an Android emulator on my PC and then install FaceApp on my computer...which I really liked because I don't use my smartphone for any SL images.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

In this case, it may be worth it, Beth.  I followed the link and found out about "FaceApp".  FaceApp is a smartphone app that can apply filters to your photos.  You can do things like age a person, make them younger, change their gender.  But for me, the nicest one was a "smile" filter.  When applied to an avatar's picture, it produces an amazingly realistic smile, much better than anyone's been able to do even with Bento so far.

I found that it is possible to install an Android emulator on my PC and then install FaceApp on my computer...which I really liked because I don't use my smartphone for any SL images.

Which android emulator did you use Lindal? I don't use my phone for SL pictures either but would love to be able to use the FaceApp.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:37 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I used MeMu.  I could not tell you if this was a good choice or a bad choice, though!

Thanks! I don't know why I never Googled to see if such a thing existed, but I never have. Like you, I don't use my phone for SL images. I had heard of FaceApp (so if *I* have heard of it and the article is just now getting around to writing about it, geez... do they know that VHS tapes have been replaced?) but of course it doesn't run on my PC. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting for me. 

Yesterday I scrolled the world map to deliberately find the most southerly point in the SL world. TP'ed over and had a blast ! it's a winter wonderland, with a couple of premum member gift givers and a complete working SLRR railway ! Check it out !

33 minutes ago, MaxMare said:

They are talking about LeLutka axis HUD which is a must-have for any SL photographer...it allows you to create any possible facial expression you can think of and works with any bento head not just LeLutka...

Lelutka Axis Hud Video

Lelutka Axis Hud on Other Heads Video

The Axis HUD is great: I have it, and use it all the time. But you can't create that kind of smile using it, or even using the Black Dragon poser (which is harder to use than the Lelutka HUD, but more powerful) for the simple reason that the Bento skeleton doesn't have the right bones to create that dimpled cheek look.

This is what I got using FaceApp. It's mildly Uncanny Valley, I think.

522588747_FaceApp-(Mod---BW)-Blank.thumb.png.1dc988fa4507a73f6ff09ee945bee3a8.png

• Like 1

• Open MeMu
  • Click the FaceApp icon
  • Click the file folder icon in the right hand toolbar
  • Set the Shared pictures path to point to the directory where you keep SL photos

Now a gallery of all those photos will appear in the app's home page.  Click one of them to upload to the FaceApp servers.  Now you can morph it!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.