Need advice on purchasing male mesh body

DorianDiaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

The two mist popular male mesh bodies are Belleza Jake and Signature Gianni. They have the best support from clothing designers. You can use any Bento mesh head you want with them; many users prefer Catwa. 

Thank you! although they don't have reviews about Belleza Jake :/

I will investigate.

I've never actually tried Jake, but I very much like my Gianni and Geralt bodies - compared to my alt's Maitreya, I'd say it's generally better both in function and appearance (if one can compare a male and female body - meh?).

Most complaints about the Gianni is that it's too muscular, but it can be toned down a lot (to the point where you could easily be mistaken for wearing the Geralt), and is also an issue of what skin you're using.

DecFe.png

Most creators cater to both Gianni and Jake (but unfortunately, not Geralt!), although there are some Gianni-exclusives (and a few Jake exclusives, although I rarely saw any). Legacy is TMP. We do not talk about TMP.

So I own both the Signature Gianni and the Belleza Jake. I like to have options... That said, I definitely favor the Belleza Jake. It is pretty much my "go to" body.

There are a lot of things about the Gianni's geometry I just don't like. Its got weird pointy pecs, shallow armpits, an awkward torso and I am not a fan of its butt.

However, get a demo for each and really try them out with different shapes and skins. Putting in time with the DEMOs is what will really put you at ease when you are finally ready to buy.

• 9 months later...

I have been thinking about going mesh with my male alt.  Trying on head and body demos this week.  I like the fact that with Gianni and Geralt you can get the head and body from the same designer so (I think) that should make a lot of things easier.  What head(s) do you guys like with the Jake body?  Thanks for your help!

You can barely find other creator's skins for the head from the same designer as Geralt/Gianni. Stay clear of a Signature head, unless you will continue to use the included skin.

The Catwa heads has been leading in skin variety, but lately the LeLutka Evolution appear to dethrone them as the "hot" one for new skins.

I don't know what head that comes out as winner in the skin war. Rumors say that Genus is working on a male head too.

How much you will invest for an alt? I don't know the price of the Signature heads. LeLutka cost 3990 (for now) and Catwa 5000, or is it 5100?

• Like 1

While I never bought a male mesh body, I did buy a female one, and one of the things I did before was talk to people in world who had the look I was after to see what they used, When I saw that almost everyone who caught my eye with a look I like was using the same body i was convinced.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You can barely find other creator's skins for the head from the same designer as Geralt/Gianni. Stay clear of a Signature head, unless you will continue to use the included skin.

The Catwa heads has been leading in skin variety, but lately the LeLutka Evolution appear to dethrone them as the "hot" one for new skins.

I don't know what head that comes out as winner in the skin war. Rumors say that Genus is working on a male head too.

How much you will invest for an alt? I don't know the price of the Signature heads. LeLutka cost 3990 (for now) and Catwa 5000, or is it 5100?

Good points, thank you, and good questions,  I think the Signature heads/bodies were $4000 each so I plan to check out LeLutka.  Yeah, not sure how much I want to invest in him.  Really just playing on a rainy afternoon, LOL.  :D

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

What head(s) do you guys like with the Jake body? 

If have a spare moment send your m-alt over to Logo and join their group they are offering a free head (L$1 refunded) for men it's up in their anniversary event area. LM given at ground level or you can use mini map to right click > cam on someone to cam in to event to get the head. There's a free women's head too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If have a spare moment send your m-alt over to Logo and join their group they are offering a free head (L$1 refunded) for men it's up in their anniversary event area. LM given at ground level or you can use mini map to right click > cam on someone to cam in to event to get the head. There's a free women's head too

Thank you; I did that and picked up the free Legacy body too but I am finding both clunky/cranky to deal with.  So far, trying to get male clothes to fit is proving way challenging.  My females use Maitreya/Catwa/Lelutka and I am spoiled.  :D

21 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

picked up the free Legacy body too but I am finding both clunky/cranky to deal with.  So far, trying to get male clothes to fit is proving way challenging.

I'm guessing you mean the new TMP Classic if you look for items that include TMP as a rig they should work well using the alpha section of the HUD as needed, the body is said to compatible with 90% of pre-existing TMP content of which a decent amount still exists

• Like 1

I have both Gianni and Jake bodies (Gianni on me, Jake on an alt) and while they are now about equal for clothing support, they each have pros and cons.

• Jake is a (subjectively) better shape; Gianni has some anatomical flaws and many people don't like the bulky arms (though with some slider-work it's possible to get a leaner shape).
  • Jake is about L$1000 cheaper. The recent massive price-hike on Signature is causing some clothing makers to drop Signature support.
  • BOM is not properly implemented on Jake; you need a separate relay to apply it, and you cannot use system alpha layers. Signature includes full BOM support including a version of the body without "onion layers".
  • Jake - There are no bento animations for the hands; just a few static poses, which often fail so other people see you in the splayed-fingers pose - you need to re-set the hand poses after every teleport
  • Belleza is VERY slow to update, if they ever do. Signature pops out an update every other month

• Like 1

My male AV (formerly an alt I signed up for GoH but is now controlled by my actual RL husband) used to wear Slink Physique which is still the best looking male body in my eyes until designers stopped making clothes for it and when my husband started logging-in he was dismayed by the limited clothing options so we had no choice but purchase Belleza Jake. How I wish I had it for him from the very beginning. We tried Geralt and Gianni but they were too hulky for our tastes even with some intensive tweaking. I did like the ehem “add-on body part” that Signature sells separately though; not perfect, but excellent for its price if you just want to be functional and anatomically correct :grins:

• Haha 1

Niramyth is the one I use. There are two versions. I'll link the one I actually bought mate. It seems closer to your skin tone anyway and you can edit that to your liking if need be. Keep in mind though at the time I bought it that was the main one I seen all the guys wearing and I wanted to know what the fuss was all about. Being a retied boxer in SL this body suited me best. In terms of muscle definition it's the best one out there. It has a buffet of clothing and tattoo options on the market as well too. In terms of BOM and using Omega Appliers for skins and tattoos though that is where it sadly lacks. One major tip though to save you from turning in to a He-Man clone if you go with it. Make a second shape for your mesh avatar because you are going to have to edit it big time and narrow some things way entirely down in order to give you that slim and tone look.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NIRAMYTH-AESTHETIC-ENZO-PACKAGE-10/7037603

If you want to test out BOM with system clothing and not spend a lot of money doing it then I'd say try this avatar out mate. Sweet's Male BoM Bento Mesh Body (w. Alpha HUD) only will cost you the price of 1 linden and to be honest for the price it's not that bad. I've seen worse. lol The only real issue I can say I have with it is if you use a system head it doesn't come with a neck blender that I can see. So like TMP bodies you will have that little line dividing your mesh body between your head. I would absolutely stay away from TMP. I am not really a big fan of how they do business.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Male-BoM-Bento-Mesh-Body-w-Alpha-HUD/19282428

Anyway I hope this helps some and good luck in choosing your new body mate. ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Thanks 1

The major issue I have with Jake is that Belleza makes it. That creator is so slow with updates, even free bodies from others have fully implemented BoM, and hands that don't get splayed out.

When that complaint is out of the way, it looks better than Signature Gianni, that is true. It is also cheaper now.

Jake and the 1 L LOGO head is the best you can get now, economical and you can get any clothes on the market.

I have not seen how other skins look on the LOGO head, but for 1 L, it is really worth picking up. Logo sell skins for it, and it was cheap (399?) for a pack of all colors from fair and up to dark? I did not buy the skins, went and put on the head first.

Some talk about Black Friday sales. Nobody can tell if some stores will sell bodies cheaper. But using the free (TMP) classic and the LOGO head until Black Friday is over, perhaps it is the smart option...

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling errors
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Jake and the 1 L LOGO head is the best you can get now, economical and you can get any clothes on the market.

I have not seen how other skins look on the LOGO head, but for 1 L, it is really worth picking up. Logo sell skins for it, and it was cheap (399?) for a pack of all colors from fair and up to dark? I did not buy the skins, went and put on the head first.

Some talk about Black Friday sales. Nobody can tell if some stores will sell bodies cheaper. But using the free (TMP) classic and the LOGO head until Black Friday is over, perhaps it is the smart option...

I did pick up the LOGO skins that were on sale with the free head and, while I like them, I actually preferred the original skin that came with the free head.  Unfortunately, once I wore the purchased skins, I found no way to go back to the original and the LOGO group had no solutions to offer when I asked.  So strange.......  It is making me less than happy with the head even though it was a freebie; just the difficulty of dealing with its HUD has used up a lot of time.

7 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I did pick up the LOGO skins that were on sale with the free head and, while I like them, I actually preferred the original skin that came with the free head.  Unfortunately, once I wore the purchased skins, I found no way to go back to the original and the LOGO group had no solutions to offer when I asked.  So strange.......  It is making me less than happy with the head even though it was a freebie; just the difficulty of dealing with its HUD has used up a lot of time.

Leora, unpack the delivery box again and try wearing the head from out of that - it should have the original skin on it?

Alternatively, i just thought, isn't the head BOM out of the box, so what you were seeing was possibly the skin your avatar was already wearing...?

Emma  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Leora, unpack the delivery box again and try wearing the head from out of that - it should have the original skin on it?

Alternatively, i just thought, isn't the head BOM out of the box, so what you were seeing was possibly the skin your avatar was already wearing...?

Emma  :)

Thanks, Emma, I did try doing that with no result.  We are getting to the limits of my expertise, LOL.

I always find it interesting in these threads that slink male never gets mentioned.. It has by far the most clothing available, slim and toned out of the box, BOM as well. I switch between Slink and the Niramyth depending on my mood/av choice. for the love of all thats holy/unholy do NOT use the niramyth head. Use any other head but that one. It really doesnt change much and you will look like one of a thousand clones. 

• Thanks 1

Literally everyone is supporting Belleza Jake and Legacy, Legacy has BoM integrated, Belleza has always been a bit slow with updates but always provides them free of charge...when it comes to most supported bodies at this time, those 2 are clear winners..

I second what Drake said, Aesthetic if used as is, is the worst thing ever, but you can make it look good with a different head and good skin and ofc if you keep things well proportioned ...Speaking of Slink, the main argument against it that I have heard is lack of definition and it being more appropriate for late teens look opposed to adult male, sadly it seems to be getting less and less support from 3rd party content creators...I say sadly cause Slink creator has made her kit available, not just that, she has a ton of helpful content on youtube as well as helpful tools for creators (slink sudio, good dev kit, tutorials etc) ...Signature used to be number 1, but support seems to be diminishing slowly, I also think it has some issues with correct proportions and weird neck rigging..

When  it comes to mesh heads, if you want an easy to use head with good functionality and support, I would go with LeLutka Evolution line, HUD is user friendly, mesh is BoM ready, fits seamlessly with all bodies, responds well to sliders and looks great oh and they offer updates quite frequently, free of charge ofc...Catwa used to be the most popular among men, but creator seems to be moving on to the next gen, leaving older models behind, which makes this a bad time to invest in a product that will be outdated in a matter of months, also HUDs are really bad...

Sure there are other brands with good product, but as your question was about well supported meshes, those are your options...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I always find it interesting in these threads that slink male never gets mentioned.. It has by far the most clothing available, slim and toned out of the box, BOM as well. I switch between Slink and the Niramyth depending on my mood/av choice. for the love of all thats holy/unholy do NOT use the niramyth head. Use any other head but that one. It really doesnt change much and you will look like one of a thousand clones. 

You might have just made them one more sale mate. lol They were on the list of being the next mesh body I tried and I had a friend trying to sell me on Signature, but for some reason I keep leaning towards Slink. Probably for the same reason you mentioned. It really does have an extremely very large selection of clothing out there and everything. :)

And ya I can't stand that Niramyth head either mate. Lmao!!!! :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.