Need advice on purchasing male mesh body

DorianDiaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You might have just made them one more sale mate. lol They were on the list of being the next mesh body I tried and I had a friend trying to sell me on Signature, but for some reason I keep leaning towards Slink. Probably for the same reason you mentioned. It really does have an extremely very large selection of clothing out there and everything. :)

And ya I can't stand that Niramyth head either mate. Lmao!!!! :D

From what I've read in other threads, some creators are no longer making things for slink.  There is plenty of stuff already out there but for whatever reason, not as much new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

From what I've read in other threads, some creators are no longer making things for slink.  There is plenty of stuff already out there but for whatever reason, not as much new.

Thanks for the heads up on that mate. I'm all right with that considering they do have a large selection out there already like you said and to be honest I'll probably eventually end up trying Signature at some point anyway. If for no other reason just to see why my mate is doing head flips over it. lol In SL curiosity doesn't kill the cat. It kills the cats wallet. lol :D

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I did pick up the LOGO skins that were on sale with the free head and, while I like them, I actually preferred the original skin that came with the free head.  Unfortunately, once I wore the purchased skins, I found no way to go back to the original and the LOGO group had no solutions to offer when I asked.  So strange.......  It is making me less than happy with the head even though it was a freebie; just the difficulty of dealing with its HUD has used up a lot of time.

It is a very new and confusing HUD. I am spoilt by Lelutka, I find theirs so intuitive.

If the original, out of the box looked great, unpack a new one. That is often faster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thanks, Emma, I did try doing that with no result.  We are getting to the limits of my expertise, LOL.

Ignore my previous post, you did unpack a new one.

I was too fast to throw myself over the keyboard. 😁 Of course it is BOM out of the box, what was I thinking. You must find the skin you had before you tried the new skins.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I always find it interesting in these threads that slink male never gets mentioned.. It has by far the most clothing available, slim and toned out of the box, BOM as well. I switch between Slink and the Niramyth depending on my mood/av choice. for the love of all thats holy/unholy do NOT use the niramyth head. Use any other head but that one. It really doesnt change much and you will look like one of a thousand clones. 

I like Slink but new sales.... difficult. It is weekend sales where I can have a good deal for an alt. 50 or 60 L for a well made male mesh piece of clothes. But it is Gianni, Legacy and Jake. I can be lucky and find some, but way too often it is those three other bodies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

Thanks for the heads up on that mate. I'm all right with that considering they do have a large selection out there already like you said and to be honest I'll probably eventually end up trying Signature at some point anyway. If for no other reason just to see why my mate is doing head flips over it. lol In SL curiosity doesn't kill the cat. It kills the cats wallet. lol :D

I do not doubt some designers have dropped their support of Slink. But, I think our opinions on how much support Slink gets depends on where we shop. I've been to events where they are almost exclusively Maitreya. Others where most designers in the event included Slink versions.

If you want to easily find clothes that fit, the first choice is a female Maitreya. But, I hate how the shoulders look.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Ignore my previous post, you did unpack a new one.

I was too fast to throw myself over the keyboard. 😁 Of course it is BOM out of the box, what was I thinking. You must find the skin you had before you tried the new skins.

Oh, thanks, I think some light is beginning to get to my brain.  I have been hopelessly confused by BOM so only barely understand it but, yes, I think I can figure out what skin I had on before I started my LOGO adventure.  My approach to new ideas is to just bash away at them until something begins to make sense so it looks like BOM is next for me.  Thank you for explaining that, LOL!

4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I always find it interesting in these threads that slink male never gets mentioned.. It has by far the most clothing available, slim and toned out of the box, BOM as well. I switch between Slink and the Niramyth depending on my mood/av choice. for the love of all thats holy/unholy do NOT use the niramyth head. Use any other head but that one. It really doesnt change much and you will look like one of a thousand clones. 

Slink has WAAAY less clothing support than Signature, Jake or Legacy. It used to have more, years ago, but very few creators are making new stuff for Slink now; nearly everything you see for it is already years old.

51 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Oh, thanks, I think some light is beginning to get to my brain.  I have been hopelessly confused by BOM so only barely understand it but, yes, I think I can figure out what skin I had on before I started my LOGO adventure.  My approach to new ideas is to just bash away at them until something begins to make sense so it looks like BOM is next for me.  Thank you for explaining that, LOL!

For a simple way to think of BOM try this.

The Classic body has always used System Layers, the way SL was originally designed to work. So, if you can setup a Classic body with makeup and etc. you can do BOM. You may want to go to YouTube and find pre-2012 tutorials on skin and clothes for the Classic (then called System Avatar or just avatar) or Ruth avatar.

All mesh bodies need some way to add skin as system layers only worked on the Classic avatar not mesh. Until BoM we used appliers to put skin on mesh bodies. BOM allows body designers to add an option to take the skin from the classic avatar body, or aka from the System Layers and eliminate appliers. We can just wear/add a system skin from inventory, which has its own skin-icon in inventory.

The complexity comes with mesh heads that often use a mix or BOM and appliers. It can take a bit to understand what is happening there. Bodies are pretty simple in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.