The New Belli Victorians

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After logging in really late in the evening to check the forums and then seeing that they had done a large release, I popped over to my land page and there are still Victorians available - 8 hours now since the release.  The land page is even showing me Trads and Houseboats.

I went ahead and grabbed a Victorian, but mostly just wanting the content pack. I'm not sure whether I'll keep it or not, regardless of what the location looks like.  I did see Patch's post from a few hours ago about abandoning though, so I'll go ahead an hold it until sometime tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't believe any of these have a 2nd floor balcony.  With the Shelley (round turret one?) perhaps a widow's walk (TP to it) over the flatter part of the roof?

LOL. Well "I" can't up the enthusiasm since I don't have one but I bet there are others that will find "products" to add.  Some interior walls would still be good for wallpaper. Those dark dark colors against the white white trim are not working for me, but again --- not my house :D.   

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am sure that some will be moving AND already have. But just like the original traditionals (not so much the later region stylings ) there are some sims that are very pretty and others that are very very boring with little landscaping at all and NOT welcoming. Hence I suspect that was all the releasing of homes just by regular folks -- not the catch and release (find my perfect spot) crowd.    And the server went down down down :D.

They are definitely bigger with the Hardy the biggest I think and could be difficult to furnish in a semblance of Victorian style (that prim and space to fill ratio).  The plants inside the mailbox are very nice and 1 or 2 li depending on size. The hydrangeas are the best "value" I think design wise.  

The only thing that I don't like about the Victorians is the exterior siding. So not the tones that I think of with Victorians and too much like the Tradtionals. My friend with a Vic isn't thrilled with the siding either but I am not sure I am willing to make an exterior shell even for her LOL. The Hardy wouldn't have been so difficult but she is now in the one with the round turret and after dealing with the unroundness of the trailer interior I am not sure I am willing to go there. I guess as a  'long time BFF"  I should at least try. If I can get the round part the other is certainly doable IF NOT FUN AT ALL. 

The good thing really is that the houses do have a big footprint so that there is less landscaping involved.  Will see what she (and perhaps another friend that doesn't make mesh) wants -- but definitely not as much "need" for add-ons as with the tradtionals. In my book anyway.  

That's exactly why I didn't go for the Hardy because I thought especially if I used my "SL antiques" with higher prims it would be half empty and couldn't be furnished plausibly.

I wasn't wild about the siding, but I was more upset that there is no "flamingo pink" for the trailers. No pink at all. And it's not on edit mode so you can't take "cream" and tint it pink. Sad.

I liked the bird baths in the packages. Landscaping is my least favourite thing right now so I may leave it as God and the Moles intended.

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

LOL. Well "I" can't up the enthusiasm since I don't have one but I bet there are others that will find "products" to add.  Some interior walls would still be good for wallpaper. Those dark dark colors against the white white trim are not working for me, but again --- not my house :D.   

Yes, they cry out for some of that ornate bird or flowers Victorian style wallpaper. My aunt who lived to 107 had revolutionary-era wallpaper in her house which helped it get historic status.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

After logging in really late in the evening to check the forums and then seeing that they had done a large release, I popped over to my land page and there are still Victorians available - 8 hours now since the release.  The land page is even showing me Trads and Houseboats.

I went ahead and grabbed a Victorian, but mostly just wanting the content pack. I'm not sure whether I'll keep it or not, regardless of what the location looks like.  I did see Patch's post from a few hours ago about abandoning though, so I'll go ahead an hold it until sometime tomorrow.

So do you think the Lindens reached saturation point with these? I lost one tenant who had previously donated tier today who fled for the Victorians although she frankly admitted that she would likely be back when she got bored with the LHs, as she has done before. I have another one getting an LH but keeping her rental as an alternative. I have to say, being in a house that I can't edit, i.e. tint, remove prims, cut up, etc. is a little creepy to me. I guess the trade-off is that the landscaping and overall look is good and my God, the Lindens are even going to police your Christmas tree if you leave it up one day over the line.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Yes but please note that I specifically said they weren't Victorian in the European meaning of the word. I'm perfectly aware there is a similar US style that goes by the same name.

Also, note that I did in no way criticize the houses or their styles. Somebody commented (probably more as a joke than as a complaint) that the name of one of the houses didn't really fit since it's named after an author who lived before the Victorian time. I only pointed out that if that was the case, so were the other houses since they are distinctively American whilst the authors they are named after were all Eruopean.

Yes, the Lindens could have given them 19th century American names like the Hawthorne House, the Thoreau House, the Lovecraft House even, but they didn't. Well, maybe they will tell us their thinking on this.

Meanwhile, I put out my carriage stone -- well, temporarily for this photo as the yards don't extend to the curb. What is a Victorian House without a carriage stone? 

This is like what we used to have in one of our RL houses and it's still there I see more than 50 years later, and itself must have come from the 1800s.

I'm kind of stumped on the furniture which of course is going to be pretty outrageous with a mixture of 19th century and 20th mid-century, but in fact in RL that's what it was, those heavy -- massive -- chairs, the worn body Brussel rugs, the chenile rep curtains, I think they were horrors even when brand-new.

Carriage Step.png

Victorian Carriage Stone.jpg

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The indoor walls are tintable, that's a good thing. Can have all the walls in pastel colors or different shades of grey if we want.

I think the limit of custom colors is per room, so if one want a fond wall, they have to make it of prims or mesh.

The default colors are all very deep, besides the white.

I haven't tried myself yet, but the one I was with yesterday said the walls are tint-able. So could you not just pick the white, then tint as desired? (Rhetorical question, perhaps - I don't know.) :)

• Moles
25 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I haven't tried myself yet, but the one I was with yesterday said the walls are tint-able. So could you not just pick the white, then tint as desired?

When you create a custom color, you should see a message in chat that tells you what the RGB tints are for that color. Those are the same numbers that you woul see if you had used the color picker in your viewer's editor to create a color. You are also given the RGB tints in the format that you would use if you were coloring an image in Photoshop or GIMP. We suggest that you copy those numbers down somewhere so that you can use them later if you want to match drapes or a prim wall.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

When you create a custom color, you should see a message in chat that tells you what the RGB tints are for that color. Those are the same numbers that you woul see if you had used the color picker in your viewer's editor to create a color. You are also given the RGB tints in the format that you would use if you were coloring an image in Photoshop or GIMP. We suggest that you copy those numbers down somewhere so that you can use them later if you want to match drapes or a prim wall.

Thank you for explaining. I was with someone else in their new home yesterday, so I only got casual mentions. I get to play with it this evening in my new home and it's nice to know I'll be able to do soft pastel colors, too!

• Like 1

I usually use the HEX color code when picking colors, but RGB is easy enough as well. I haven't yet tried the "choose your own color" deal with these homes, so that'll definitely be on my to do list for today.

I hadn't tried, but can we select more than one room at a time when it asks us to click a wall? Can't try to find out right now either, lol.

35 minutes ago, Kenzo Rudolf said:

I Have  a small hill in my lawn and I can't flatten it. Who do I contact to get it flattened 

Submit a support ticket and be sure to include the SLURL directly to the bump in the ground. LL is busy and it is Holiday season, so be patient and give it a few days, They WILL get to it. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dyna Mole said:

The custom interior color process felt very user friendly and the prompts helped to get up to speed in no time!  It was great fun to use!  (passes around fresh cookies from the oven, and coco with chocolate dipped marshmallows)  would love a future update (button?) to allow degrees of lighten or darken (Just a Grayscale or Whitescale option) for current exterior siding colors to make current siding colors lighter or darken and still fall within the goals of a smart covenant that I appreciate.   

• Like 1

Double entendre are the BEST! When we were barely toddlers, my brother used to just LOVE a song by Sheena Easton (I think?) called "My Sugar Walls" - to this day, he never did get it. Bahahaha!!!!!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 2

• Moles
6 hours ago, Kenzo Rudolf said:

I Have  a small hill in my lawn and I can't flatten it. Who do I contact to get it flattened 

Ahem.    Perhaps not the most tactful request

iStock_000010502729Large-mole_resized.jp

More seriously, if you re-read the covenant, you will see that

" Changes cannot be made to roads, paths, plants, trees, rocks and other landscaping. Trees or other objects that overhang into parcels are meant to do so. They cannot be moved or removed."

Unless something's actually broken, we're not allowed to change it.   If we did, we'd spend all our time landscaping people's parcels and never get any more regions built.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• Moles
6 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I hadn't tried, but can we select more than one room at a time when it asks us to click a wall?

Not two or more rooms at a time, no, but that's not really a handicap. Once you have hit the "Submit" button in the color picker HUD (or created a color by entering <RGB> values) , you have saved the color in your "My Colors" menu.  After that, you can apply that color to the walls in any other room without having to recreate it.  Just use Redecorate >> Walls >> My Colors and select one of your saved custom colors, just as you would use any of the preset colors.  You may create up to nine custom colors and, of course, can delete one that you have already applied if you want to free up space in the menu for something different.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.