How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Going through some pretty awful ***** at the same time as having embraced every sense of stillness I can find in the current circumstances to immerse in transformation, growth and acceptance.

World's trippy.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Update:

My coworker and friend Peter passed away peacefully this morning after a very hard fought battle against Coronavirus...

I am emotionally gutted..

RIP my friend  💔😢

Oh god. I'm so sorry. And today I learned my SL friend Uccie also passed from coronavirus (4/21). Effing virus. I'm glad you posted, although there really aren't words to convey... :::hugs:::

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh god. I'm so sorry. And today I learned my SL friend Uccie also passed from coronavirus (4/21). Effing virus. I'm glad you posted, although there really aren't words to convey... :::hugs:::

I knew Uccie, not very well but ran into her a few times when i used to live in Bay City.  She was super nice.  I'm sorry you lost your friend too 😢

hugs back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Fed. Up.  About. Everything.

I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 3 hours straight.  The food situation is easing but its still like some sort of strategic, logistical mission just ordering a regular weekly/monthy food shop.  Then you run out of something and there is no quick dash to the shop to grab it.  We ran out of Harry Potter Books.  Well any books really that he is interested in so that means a rethink of my schooling plans while I wait for amazon to deliver him some new choices.  I could just let him continually do the school set lessons but I don't think its healthy to stick him in front of the PC for hours churning through lessons like that.  I just need to think up some new stuff when my brain gets back into gear. 

I thought I was an expert at staying home but when you have had no other choice for almost 6 weeks it gets harder and harder with no light at the end of the tunnel ,  Especially when my desktop countdown keeps telling me 24 days until my holiday 😢 and the noise from the builders next door gets louder and louder by the day.  On top of it all the weather changed so even sitting in the garden with a coffee for my usual headspace relax is out of the question.  I am soooo cold today and yesterday I was using sun block.  It went from 19/20 C  to 9 C overnight.

This is one time I can't put a joke or happy spin into the end of my post.   Stay strong friends.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

We ran out of Harry Potter Books. 

The Sims 4 Magic pack is out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well... the game is somewhat educational and it is geared towards teens. Some of the magic stuff is very similar to what is in the Potter movies. And you can build or even learn to create your own objects. Yes, it's sitting in front of a computer (or xBox or whatever) but it's still a learning experience and some parts of it could be useful for him in the future. Thought it my suggestion might help to get those creative juices flowing. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

@Cindy Evanier

Maybe not this particular one or even magic tricks 

https://www.amazon.com/MasterMagic-Magic-Kit-Spectacular-Beginners/dp/B073F69VJG

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gathering-Arena-Planeswalkers-Game/dp/B00SDJGCRA

Or maybe I should just hush since the youngest is in her 30s. 🤐:$

The magic tricks might be an idea.  He thinks he is a comedian (his mother's son) so he could combine the 2 :D 

• Like 4

Fed. Up.  About. Everything....

This is one time I can't put a joke or happy spin into the end of my post.   Stay strong friends.  

Happy spins are not required here.  I hear you on the Fed. Up. This morning I found myself snapping at my daughter, "Are you trying to kill your mother?"  That sort of guilt trip is something I swore I would never do! 

Hugs to you, my friend - DesiComments.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kali Wylder said:

Happy spins are not required here.

Yeah I know but I can't change the habit of a lifetime.  Its my normal coping mechanism.  Just not today  

I reacted sad, then thanks,  theres no reaction that fits your post :/ 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
added stuff
  • Like 4

Fed. Up.  About. Everything.

I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 3 hours straight.  The food situation is easing but its still like some sort of strategic, logistical mission just ordering a regular weekly/monthy food shop.  Then you run out of something and there is no quick dash to the shop to grab it.  We ran out of Harry Potter Books.  Well any books really that he is interested in so that means a rethink of my schooling plans while I wait for amazon to deliver him some new choices.  I could just let him continually do the school set lessons but I don't think its healthy to stick him in front of the PC for hours churning through lessons like that.  I just need to think up some new stuff when my brain gets back into gear. 

I thought I was an expert at staying home but when you have had no other choice for almost 6 weeks it gets harder and harder with no light at the end of the tunnel ,  Especially when my desktop countdown keeps telling me 24 days until my holiday 😢 and the noise from the builders next door gets louder and louder by the day.  On top of it all the weather changed so even sitting in the garden with a coffee for my usual headspace relax is out of the question.  I am soooo cold today and yesterday I was using sun block.  It went from 19/20 C  to 9 C overnight.

Ditto for much of this. 

We finally got a pack of TP a week or so ago, but it was an off brand.  Why in the hell, after this many weeks, is there still no name brand TP on the shelves?  I just don't freakin get it.

And name brand tissue either.  The off brand tissues are fine for the occasional blowing of the nose or sneeze.  However, for full blown allergy season, where I am blowing my nose a lot, the off brands are just not soft enough, resulting in super red sore nose in no time at all.

Why are we running out of eggs at the store?  I've heard that various farm products are having to be destroyed because without the businesses being open, there is not enough usage of things.  If that is so, why the hell does the grocery store have so few eggs that they are gone by mid-day?

Then there is the meat situation, which looked to be getting better for a while.  Yet now, with the media telling everyone that we'll have a shortage due to some plants closing for short disinfectant periods, the meat is again starting to go off the shelves as fast as they put it out.

So much of this is simply because people in general are just f****n IDIOTS.

So, yeah - just TOTALLY FED UP WITH EVERYTHING !!

• Sad 7

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So much of this is simply because people in general are just f****n IDIOTS.

The news said the other day Vitamin D is good for your immune system.  Sure it is, most people know that but the end result is OUT OF STOCK on vitamin D because they all rush to hoard it. Which is a pain in the arse for people like me who are prescribed it for my condition (and my Neurologist told to give it to my kids) but buy it normally in the store because its cheaper than precription charges.  

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The news said the other day Vitamin D is good for your immune system.  Sure it is, most people know that but the end result is OUT OF STOCK on vitamin D because they all rush to hoard it. Which is a pain in the arse for people like me who are prescribed it for my condition (and my Neurologist told to give it to my kids) but buy it normally in the store because its cheaper than precription charges.  

I noticed that and just shook my head.  I take Vitamin D drops daily because I can truly sit out in the sun all day every day and my Vitamin D levels would still never get to what is considered appropriate levels.  Per my doctor's orders, I take an amount that is many, many times higher than what most folks would, just to keep my levels in the proper zone.  Thankfully, my drops are on an auto-order schedule and I almost always have 2 extra bottles in the cabinet - each bottle is roughly a month's supply.  So as long as the freak-out doesn't last more than 3 months, I'll be good.

• Like 4

What was it Agent K said? Oh yeah...

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

• Like 3

Mother update. The Doc rang, she's had another fit and ingested food into her lungs, sparking pneumonia. She's not eating or drinking, and is on intravenous fluids and anti-biotics. The Doc doesn't think she'll make it, so I'm expecting a call soon.

I could visit, but the hospital is Covid positive as is the ward she's on. I find it hard enough walking into the local supermarket, I can't walk into an infected ward. A doctor from this hospital died from Covid this week, so she will fade away in hospital. I haven't seen her for three weeks, and never will again.

• Sad 15

6 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I haven't seen her for three weeks, and never will again.

I am so sorry. Being with my mom when she passed was terrible - but I can't imagine being anywhere else. 

I'm not sure what the rules are where you live, but here they are allowing visitors for end-of-life situations. 

I just... my heart hurts for you. I can't imagine your pain. 

... hugs ... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Mother update. The Doc rang, she's had another fit and ingested food into her lungs, sparking pneumonia. She's not eating or drinking, and is on intravenous fluids and anti-biotics. The Doc doesn't think she'll make it, so I'm expecting a call soon.

I could visit, but the hospital is Covid positive as is the ward she's on. I find it hard enough walking into the local supermarket, I can't walk into an infected ward. A doctor from this hospital died from Covid this week, so she will fade away in hospital. I haven't seen her for three weeks, and never will again.

I'm so sorry Belinda, I wish there was something I could say to make it hurt less. 

When my dad passed, I was able to be on the phone with my sister at the hospice in his room.  The very last thing he said to me was "shut up".  He wasn't talking much at that point and I was talking with my sister, I can't remember what we were saying but, I guess it was an annoying sound and he just wanted silence.  So we stayed on the phone there in silence for a bit.  I was wondering, if you could ask a nurse there to phone you from the room.  I totally understand why you can't go in.  There's no sense in it really,  at the end it's more to comfort ourselves than it is for the patient. You don't want to remember her as she is now anyway, remember the healthy mom you loved.

How to Comfort Someone - What to Say in Difficult Situations

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

My heart is breaking for you, Belinda. None of what is happening should be happening like it's happening. 

The best thing you can do for your Mother is stay away and stay well yourself! When her final journey in this life is over, you will need all your strength. You could not have done more for your Mother, and she will always have known that. You are a good daughter. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I can't even imagine the pain you are in right now and I have no good words... only good hugs...

❤️ & hugs to you and your mom

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 4:42 PM, LexxiXhan said:

Going through some pretty awful ***** at the same time as having embraced every sense of stillness I can find in the current circumstances to immerse in transformation, growth and acceptance.

World's trippy.

I'm just wondering how you are doing Lexxi. I didn't know how to respond to this back on Sunday. You say you are going through some awful sh1t, but are embracing some pretty positive things... Hope you update us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.