How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I'm doing fairly well, though I'm not at all excited about work today or next week.  Today is our ALL FREAKIN DAY meeting where everyone discusses the accomplishments of the last quarter, what went well, and how we can improve.  Then next Mon-Wed we get more ALL FREAKIN DAY meetings to plan the next Quarter's work.

Since my husband and I both work from home (we do have a fairly large office with a decent dual desk setup) we often both have meetings at the same time and so we both have the noise cancelling headphones.  However, wearing those headphones for pretty much the entire workday makes my ears sore.

On a good note, I have been sleeping better - getting 3-4 hours between wake-ups rather than only 1-2 hours.  While I still wake up warm off & on, I am no longer waking up drenched from the hot flashes.  So the various mods the doctor has made to my post-menopause meds are helping a lot.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

i can t know when my grandmother will talk normally, or when she will not...Answered on her call today and she said i should come and get some half of meat she bought. When i said i don t want to come today,she started to ask what i m doing.And then said :why you don t come,you don t ucking do anything anyway.

=me hangs up the phone- 

i m in the mood of sitiing on kitchen chair,close my eyes and not think about anything

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Today I feel...

Stabby. VERY stabby.

The saga of replacement hardware gets better and better. 

I totally get how folks are having difficulties meeting online order demands right now. I am fine with folks saying "we can't ship this until...." 

But when you tell me "we'll ship no later than Friday for Saturday AM delivery" and I pay for that option then checking my email this morning and seeing the "it's shipped"  email should be good, right? And it was - until I checked the timestamp. It was timestamped well after the couriers pickup deadline. Sure enough, when I check the tracking with the courier, it's at "we are awaiting the package" - my hardware is "shipped" - as in it has been checked out of the warehouse, packaged and the courier notified for pickup - but it is still sitting on the dock because it was "shipped" after the deadline!

Now I've no idea when it will actually get here...

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Today I feel...

Stabby. VERY stabby.

Ok. I now officially have a crush on you for saying you feel very stabby. I adore that phrase. It is so evocative. Knowing that you can say it in a British accent has me extra swooney.

:::eh hem::: :::oh fudge, did I say that outloud?:::

I have no idea what you are on about with the computer stuff. I feel very superior when I can say to the IT guy "YES! It is plugged in AND turned on!" But yes, it does sound like grounds for being very stabby in mood. I live in fear of my gift of a high end but second hand (so kind of old) desktop dying. My laptop bit the dust about two months ago. At least it sounds like the end is in sight, if delayed?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

I made the tactical error of binge watching Ricky Gervais's Neflix show "After Life." It is billed as a black comedy/drama. Emphasis on the black. It covers suicidal ideation, depression, death, loneliness...  I like the characters in the show. It is well written. But probably not the best thing for me to be watching at the moment. So now I'm feeling very mopey & existential. Probably even existentially nihilistic.  If I have the energy to wear clothes today, I'll pick all black and maybe a beret...

image.png.de0adb507d201b0d3a74ab38347ff631.png

• Sad 4

It's better to just cover from February up to now in my case.. 

As my posting history will show, I haven't been in a good place mentally since COVID-19 startes becoming a more active threat to my daily RL.  I considered leaving this account and starting a new one to take my mind off everything, I did.  It failed and I just abandoned SL enterily for awhile.

In-world, I'm part of a friend's group to help her keep it active, but she's decided to leave SL and gave me ownership of it. I'd leave if it if it wasn't for the fact that it's an idea I can get behind but know so few people that would join it.. So I stayed in there, with her three dead alts.

At this point in time..  I'm not doing so well..  I'm stressed to the point where my eczema has started to refuse in going away all together and I'm having weekly nervous/mental break downs at random along with crying fits.

• Sad 7

I am tired but I pushed through anyway. I cooked a decent amount of both yummy weekend things and meal-prep things for this coming week. I swept the deck and then came inworld for a formal event tonight. It was relaxing and fun. There was an air of normality to it and no one talked ‘illness’ which was really nice! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Knowing that you can say it in a British accent

In fairness, lassie, I should point out that my accent, such as it is, has been seriously corrupted. Starting with the fact that I am of a generation when it was unsurprising that my mother was absolutely insistent that my brother and I would pick up neither the accent of our families native Stirlingshire nor that of Liverpool where I, at least, first learned to talk. Family influence being what it is, though, I ended up with a sort of hybrid NorthWestEngland/Scots accent as my baseline but then spent half my life in the upper midwest. As a result it's a sort of "mid-Atlantic bastard" these days, vaguely identifiable as "British", perhaps,  but not always. My US acquaintances kept thinking I was a New Zealander until I told them different, which mostly told me they'd never heard a REAL NZ accent but it does illustrate that my current accent is such that pretty much wherever I go the only thing people can be certain of is than I'm "Not from around here" - Even when I actually AM :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

In fairness, lassie, I should point out that my accent, such as it is, has been seriously corrupted. Starting with the fact that I am of a generation when it was unsurprising that my mother was absolutely insistent that my brother and I would pick up neither the accent of our families native Stirlingshire nor that of Liverpool where I, at least, first learned to talk. Family influence being what it is, though, I ended up with a sort of hybrid NorthWestEngland/Scots accent as my baseline but then spent half my life in the upper midwest. As a result it's a sort of "mid-Atlantic bastard" these days, vaguely identifiable as "British", perhaps,  but not always. My US acquaintances kept thinking I was a New Zealander until I told them different, which mostly told me they'd never heard a REAL NZ accent but it does illustrate that my current accent is such that pretty much wherever I go the only thing people can be certain of is than I'm "Not from around here" - Even when I actually AM :)

All of which reminds me that I’ve been meaning to catch one of your shows *makes a note*. You can’t escape the accent fans 🤣

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

All of which reminds me that I’ve been meaning to catch one of your shows *makes a note*. You can’t escape the accent fans 🤣

That will, sadly, have to wait until that missing hardware arrives and I get my system rebuilt. The netbook I'm working on right now can maybe run a viewer for about 15 minutes before it runs out of memory and locks up and attempting to stream audio from it has truly hideous results.

This is, to be honest, the primary reason for the extreme stabbiness resulting from that hardware's delays. I truly, monumentally, HATE letting down a venue or audience I've promised to perform for and the number of sets I've had to cancel since my system melted down is, to use a common SL reference (albeit with a slight adjustment for a PG forum) "Too Darn High"

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 5:14 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Meh.  

I appear to be entering into a slump.  I honestly just don't really give a flying f*** about anything right now.

I am just about waking up, in spite of getting out of bed at 9.15am.  it's just about 1pm here in the UK. I woke with a pile of jobs that needed to be done. I still have some left to do, but now I have broken the back of them, my headache is clearing.

Plus, a Taylor Swift video shared on another thread has really picked up my mood. I wonder what I would have made of her when I was a teenager. She is quite "spunky", as we used to be able to say in the good old days (seems to mean something else nowadays to some people). I realise I was just plain jealous of her long legs and the way she could get away with such red RED lipstick. Jealousy is such a pointless destructive trait in humans. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

That will, sadly, have to wait until that missing hardware arrives and I get my system rebuilt. The netbook I'm working on right now can maybe run a viewer for about 15 minutes before it runs out of memory and locks up and attempting to stream audio from it has truly hideous results.

This is, to be honest, the primary reason for the extreme stabbiness resulting from that hardware's delays. I truly, monumentally, HATE letting down a venue or audience I've promised to perform for and the number of sets I've had to cancel since my system melted down is, to use a common SL reference (albeit with a slight adjustment for a PG forum) "Too Darn High"

We will be waiting patiently, but I’m sorry to hear of your delays. I’m sure it’s beyond frustrating and I hope your shipment comes through for you quickly!

8 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Oh aye, but I'm sure ya kin say you're feelin a wee bit stabby in your nowt fromma round ere accent if you tried. 

Don't harsh my mellow, dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh aye, but I'm sure ya kin say you're feelin a wee bit stabby in your nowt fromma round ere accent if you tried. 

Don't harsh my mellow, dude.

No harshing! Promise :)

Although I confess..  You've now got me going back through characters I've played as a radio actor and making myself laugh by expressing the same sentiment in their different voices :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I don't want to make a thread about this and I guessed this would be the best place to ask; has anyone seen Orwar lately? He used to be such a fixture of the forum and now he's just gone. Did I miss anything?

Per a group that we are both in, he was logged in last Thursday.

On a similar note, Alyona Su hasn't logged in since mid-Feb and I've not seen any post by her in quite a while also.  :(

• Sad 5

On 4/21/2020 at 8:15 PM, Evangeline Ling said:

I've managed to stay relatively positive during these really crazy times until today.  I'm an introvert with an SL addiction so I'm well equipped to manage social distance... I've been training for it for much of my life...

Today things got real...

My friend and coworker of the last 15 years was placed in critical condition and is on a ventilator.  Right now they don't think he will make it...

💔😢

Update:

My coworker and friend Peter passed away peacefully this morning after a very hard fought battle against Coronavirus...

I am emotionally gutted..

RIP my friend  💔😢

• Sad 16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.