How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Sorry! It seems like I slept through the whole mess, thankfully. Animal abuse is a huge trigger for me. I'm so sorry you all had to see it. 😪

Nobody mentioned the peens.  I guess you missed those too Beth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Sorry! It seems like I slept through the whole mess, thankfully. Animal abuse is a huge trigger for me. I'm so sorry you all had to see it. 😪

Vile stuff we were all sorry to see, but not your responsibility, and I am glad you slept through it. 

I am wondering though if a someone at LL lost their job this week, because the perpetrator of the spam seemed to have a pretty good idea of the best time to post such hateful content, like they had an idea of the likelihood of mods not being around. Or they are just lucky and should have perhaps bought a lottery ticket instead of offending innocent residents in such a way on a nice quiet calm lock down Sunday.  

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I am wondering though if a someone at LL lost their job this week, because the perpetrator of the spam seemed to have a pretty good idea of the best time to post such hateful content, like they had an idea of the likelihood of mods not being around.

not sure on that, though disgusting it was only there about an hour or so whereas the previous 2 occasions were were fighting with reporting for about 4/5 hours before they were removed. 

Thank you to those who reminded me this is somewhere I can check in, even if I'm absorbed with things elsewhere ❤️

I'm feeling a lot more stable after a rocky few days, and hitting a point of overwhelm that forced me to acknowledge what I can't control and accept the impact of everything that's been happening, and just trying to let it all wash over me, ride the swell, and hope for the best. I think I've found a safe shore, or at least enough of something to hold onto, thanks to the subtle pokes and reaching out of friends who are going through their own experiences. Sometimes just an offer of a hand to hold is enough.

Wishing you all the warmest xx

• Like 6

I've been feeling like I'm in some sort of limbo, just getting by day by day, kinda just floating along.  I haven't felt like doing much of anything for quite a few days now.  I still log inworld each day, but tend to leave myself in the house while I go AFK and veg on the couch watching TV or reading. 

Sometimes that is difficult as we only have one TV in the house -- neither of us ever felt the need for a second one - and my husband prefers to nap on the couch in front of the TV with all sorts of misc boring stuff on.  So when he's napping, I can either go watch whatever he has tuned the TV to, with the volume so low I can barely hear it anyway, or I can amuse myself at the computer. The comfy seats for reading are even in the family room and so reading elsewhere is not the same - if I'm not super comfortable, it is hard to stay focused on the book.  Reading the forums only occupies so much time.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been feeling like I'm in some sort of limbo, just getting by day by day, kinda just floating along.  I haven't felt like doing much of anything for quite a few days now.  I still log inworld each day, but tend to leave myself in the house while I go AFK and veg on the couch watching TV or reading. 

Sometimes that is difficult as we only have one TV in the house -- neither of us ever felt the need for a second one - and my husband prefers to nap on the couch in front of the TV with all sorts of misc boring stuff on.  So when he's napping, I can either go watch whatever he has tuned the TV to, with the volume so low I can barely hear it anyway, or I can amuse myself at the computer. The comfy seats for reading are even in the family room and so reading elsewhere is not the same - if I'm not super comfortable, it is hard to stay focused on the book.  Reading the forums only occupies so much time.

Honestly, I'd just go somewhere comfortable, like a makeshift bed-nest, and stream things to watch on whatever laptop, phone or device I have available.

• Like 4

Continuing feelings of overwhelming Meh. @LittleMe Jewell so this is Limbo?  I don't like it.  My 3 day weekend didn't do anything to fix it.  I mostly slept. Sometimes I feel like a whiner for always being in the Meh place.  After all it could be so much worse.  But Meh is barely alive.  Trudging through day after day of Meh is torture. It's wearing me down.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Reading the forums only occupies so much time.

Apparently I am doing my "bit" by making the Forums more interesting for you. :/  Sigh. In the grand scheme of things I don't really care what random posters in various threads think about me, and as I've said here, I'm feeling stabby, and well... ok, maybe it did give me a perverse laugh to be called a "mean girl" but... sigh. I don't like it when people call me mean or unfriendly or even worse... not FUNNY! (Not funny? zomg.) Yeah, yeah, I understand why that happens, because my BS meter is set to low. I say what I think, which is never a good way to make friends. I'm not even here to make friends. I can be just a tad sarcastic (aka masterfully hilarious imho). I can be stabby. But... there is a piece of me, small, buried though it may be, that really doesn't like being called mean. Oh. Well. I'm not about to change my behavior, so it is what it is. In the meantime, it makes for some popcorn eating threads... so consider it my service to you, Lil. :)

I also understand your total feeling of meh. There are jokes about people not knowing what day it is anymore, and they are the truth. One day blends into the next... There's only so much streaming or reading or Forums or inworld one can do.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

ok, maybe it did give me a perverse laugh to be called a "mean girl" but... sigh

I direct you to this (which I know you've already seen a billion times but it's never enough):

It's a chick thing. Women who are blunt and don't put up with a bunch of BS are mean. Men are just being men. And yes, I know it's women calling you mean - but they wouldn't say that about a man. After all, the movie wasn't called "Mean Boys". 

• Like 5

One little glimmer of "yay." Because my bff/moving helper had to leave too soon to get back to Canada before the borders closed, I was left with a pile of moving debris. Because of my disability, hauling things up stairs over and over and over is slow and extremely painful and not very safe. So on top of the moving stuff the regular day to day detritus started piling up, and I was getting overwhelmed, more depressed, anxious, feeling helpless, feeling mad because I knew what doing it all myself was going to cost me in terms of pain and mobility for a long time. I tried getting help. I did. But I kept running into "Nope, we don't help with that. Sorry. Try such-and-such." And I'd try such-and-such and get the same answer. I was literally onto my last possible hope and hit the jackpot. So today, all of that stuff is GONE. I've gained an apartment! There is light at the end of the tunnel! Now I should be able to manage the normal daily crap on my own.

I wrote the volunteer a very long, heartfelt thank you note. His little act of kindness made a huge impact in my life. I never even saw him. Due to the nature of the chore, I could put everything outside, which during the social isolation is the only way I could get a volunteer.

This is a huge, huge relief. I have another problem that is stacking up, but now it seems more manageable. It isn't this, on top of THAT, on top of something else, which leads to...

Now, for some happy dance

image.png.cfd2a3494a10b45aaa425b1dd7a2f2ec.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

Continuing feelings of overwhelming Meh. @LittleMe Jewell so this is Limbo?  I don't like it.  My 3 day weekend didn't do anything to fix it.  I mostly slept. Sometimes I feel like a whiner for always being in the Meh place.  After all it could be so much worse.  But Meh is barely alive.  Trudging through day after day of Meh is torture. It's wearing me down.

I think my 3 day weekend helped me a tiny bit. I was at least somewhat more enthusiastic about work this morning.  But, when the work day is done, it'll likely be the same old 'meh' again.

Life is loosening a bit here, which even if it does not immediately impact me directly still at least feels a bit better, a bit different.  

And my daughter is coming in town at the end of this week. The trip has been scheduled for months and since things are loosening a bit here and there, she decided to not cancel and go ahead & come.  It will be a nice change of pace - and give me a reason to actually cook a meal rather than snack or eat already prepared stuff.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's a chick thing. Women who are blunt and don't put up with a bunch of BS are mean. Men are just being men. And yes, I know it's women calling you mean - but they wouldn't say that about a man. After all, the movie wasn't called "Mean Boys". 

I tend to be very blunt and aggressive at work.  The one common item on probably every performance review that I've ever had is a statement along the lines of "Needs to be less blunt, more tactful".  I've always figured most of it was because I was female, especially in the early days of my career when the field was very much male dominated.  I've been referred to a beatch more than once at work. My type-A personality is often described as too aggressive, despite there being men that are much worse.  It has gotten better over the years, but it is not all there yet.

Outside of work, my harshness comes and goes, and typically more follows my attitude at any given moment.  Most of the time, I'm fairly mellow here in the forums - though when I get riled, I have to keep talking to myself to keep from getting into major trouble here.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been referred to a beatch more than once at work.

Isn't it funny how when we are called the big B word, it's because we're acting in a manner that is perfectly acceptable for the male of the species, but when someone calls a man the big B word, it's because he's acting like the (stereotypical) female of the species? 

I have huge issues with the big B word. I'd rather be called the big C word than the B word. The big B word, to steal Seicher's favorite word, makes me stabby, and I think that if I stab someone for calling me the big B word, it should be considered completely justifiable. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Isn't it funny how when we are called the big B word, it's because we're acting in a manner that is perfectly acceptable for the male of the species

In the early days of women in computer jobs, we had to be just as aggressive, if not more so, than any man.  Otherwise, anything we said was just ignored - because a woman couldn't possibly understand things well enough to offer a valid viewpoint.  Yet, the minute we were aggressive enough to actually get taken seriously, we were then labeled the B word.

• Like 5

I just woke up. I thought I was ok then I read a long thread that escalated overnight.  Obviously not trying to bring any of that here but to my friends in here that were affected by that person in any way I just want to extend the biggest squeeze, hug, butt slap whatever it is that makes you feel a bit better.  I thought long and hard before bringing that up and hope nobody hates me for it but I felt the urge to squeeze you all tight and check in that you are ok.

Totally inappropriate gif post but I feel the need 

Momoa Aquaman GIF - Momoa Aquaman Hot GIFs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When I hear someone use the B-word I like to remind them that a female canine is loyal, persistent in the face of adversity when she believes in what she's doing, fierce in defense of those she cares about and that the term came into use as a derogative because unlike the males they tend not to posture, if you're a threat to something they feel bound to defend they tend to just go for it. As a result they got a rep for attacking without warning when this mostly happened to people (usually men) who blundered across their sensibilities without understanding.

Consequently, if one must use it as an insult at least give it the note of (maybe grudging) respect to go along with it that it deserves.

• Like 4

Catch-up on threads sure sucked this morning.  Work is bound to be better than that.

My head hurts.  I've already taken a double dose of advil, but it's been over an hour with minimal results, so I may have to go down some more.

• Sad 4

I'm better today

Took some action yesterday so I don't feel quite so helpless.  Texted my realtor who says yes houses are still being sold and the market's not bad.  talked to my brother who said the sheltering in is making it very hard for him to finish settling the estate.  But he's going to work on it. My head felt normal this morning which means I've got my meds back up to snuff.  Today I'm going to shoot for a tele doc meeting with my shrink.  Reasons to be cheerful....

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I read that 3 times and tried to ignore it

Umm Wait GIF - Umm Wait NathanFillion GIFs

If the forums are going to be a sh**show, then someone needs to make everyone smile.

Glad I could help.

:SwingingFriends:

ETA:  My headache is almost gone, without me having to go down.......... nevermind.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Umm Wait GIF - Umm Wait NathanFillion GIFs

Jason is lovely, no doubt. But I'll take Nathan for the hugs please. What can I say? I've already admitted I like folks who put extra U's in words...

He's Canadian

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

This damn headache is still just hanging on - just enough to be distracting and a bit irritating, mess up my train of thought.

I have always been prone to headaches - migraines years ago, but more due to tension & stress than anything else these days. I'm pretty sure I've built up too much of a tolerance to the over-the-counter pain meds, ibuprofen and advil.   Anymore, it seems to take about 4-5 doses across a few hours to wipe out the darn things.

And that F******in neighbor's yap-yap is about to make me scream again.  I absolutely hate people that do not properly train their dogs.  This one starts barking the minute he comes out the door.  It is frustrating when I really want my windows open this time of year.

ARG, I'm getting b**chier by the minute.

• Sad 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.