How are you feeling today?

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

You have to install the T connector into the onboard propane tank that houses the quick release connections. Maybe because it is sideways you can not see?. This is on my RV not a grill.

Yeah I get the RV. We've always used quick connects on RVs since... way back in the 60/70s, when RVing first became a popular means of vacation. That's why I was wondering.

49 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

So, good...news? today. Call for my surgery came in. May 25. 6 am. I'm very surprised by how fast the call came, and how soon the surgery is.

Yay for the surgery date. And ya know? That isn't that "soon." I think that is a good thing. Like if they said "tomorrow" I'd be worried (more). Thanks for the update.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yay for the surgery date. And ya know? That isn't that "soon." I think that is a good thing. Like if they said "tomorrow" I'd be worried (more). Thanks for the update.

Absolutely. If they'd said "tomorrow", I'd be freaking out big time now. This is just enough time to get myself wound tighter than...I don't know, something wound really tight lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I have the anxiety bug today. That oh-god-something-terrible-is-about-to-happen type of anxiety. 

It's not fun. 

I'll take Meh over Anxiety anytime, you cheered me right the feck up

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

...my surgery ...6 am...

I am NOT a morning person.  I kinda like how they always schedule surgeries at 0 Dark Thirty though...I'm too sleepy to be worried, and then when they give me the dope I can get right back to sleep.

If I was actually awake, I'd worry about whether the surgeon is.  Awake yet, I mean.

• Haha 2

Been feeling emotional and stressed lately...due to dealing with things IRL.

Along with having these horrible migraines....and feeling nauseous and tired.

Depression & anxiety sucks. :( 

And quarantine lock down isn't helping. >.<

sigh

Edited by Aiiyaz
took out.
  • Sad 3

36 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I am NOT a morning person.  I kinda like how they always schedule surgeries at 0 Dark Thirty though...I'm too sleepy to be worried, and then when they give me the dope I can get right back to sleep.

If I was actually awake, I'd worry about whether the surgeon is.  Awake yet, I mean.

I'll be happy if the surgeon is awake, as well, and alert. At 6 am I can be awake, but alert is another thing altogether.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was looking at the calendar.  My work put us on WFH two weeks before the state issued their Stay at Home orders - because of someone coming into contact with the virus.  Anyway, that now means I am in my 9th week of this crap.  

No wonder everything is just freakin  MEH

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I worry about that too. If not that, then I worry that he may be on the 23rd hour of his shift and half asleep!  😬

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I worry about that too. If not that, then I worry that he may be on the 23rd hour of his shift and half asleep!  😬

Yes, to both! With accidents n things, I've had my fair share of surgeries, and you do have to wonder. All you have to do as the patient is lie there. The surgeon though...

• Like 1

My day is getting better. I slept stupidly again. I woke up way too late (past noon). I hate when that happens. I never feel right all day and it usually means my sleep will be off again, which means I'll sleep too late again... etc. I just feel stupid, and groggy, and I still don't have the thyroid Rx and it is messing with me, too. Blargh. Just... ugh.

I get why everyone is feeling "meh" and "meh" is rotten when it is day in and day out.

However, all of that grumpiness aside... When I crawled to the computer this afternoon, I had a bunch of PMs in my SL mail box. I rarely have PMs. (That's not PMS, btw, for those in need of a quip, I preempt you.) My first thought, literally, was, "Oh crap. NOW what?" and I really didn't want to read ANY of them. I started with the probably safest first and went from there. Woot! None of them were bad!  :::happy dance::: NONE of them were of the ilk, "Did you see THAT thread?" or "Did you see what xyz wrote?" or "TROLL! Y u no lik my photos?"

A lovely surprise is finding out someone I thought was a total dickhead isn't. :) 

Also, I'm having groceries delivered, and with Instacart you get to monitor how the shopping is going and OMG! For the first time in months they had everything on my list, or reasonable substitutions! I've had TP for weeks, but haven't been able to get flour for months. I am getting AP flour AND bread flour AND the brand I want! WOOT! They had BAKED Cheetos (not for the "health" factor, they just taste better)! Lemon Oreos! (Stop judging, I bought green leafy things, too.) Eggs, milk. I now feel invincible! Like I can squirrel away in my apartment for a year now, happily feeding my sourdough starter and getting orange fingers while spending too much time on the computer/Forums.

Oh, and the frikkin always overcast sky color is currently this weird shade of... I think it is called "blue". I'm not certain that is the right term. There are also little white puffy things floating in it. It is very strange and foreign looking.

Edited by Seicher Rae
uh, invincible not invisible, 2 different things, yeah?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

How are you?? Did they figure out what was going on?

Erm...kinda...I have what I need to manage and monitor symptoms at home, and they've taken enough blood and samples to continue investigating and call me in for outpatient appointments as and when. The last 5 days have been pretty brutal, with an average of 2 hours sleep per night. I'm grateful and humbled by all the loving support I've had from people (including here!)...and pretty exhausted!

I'll try to catch up a bit more in the next few days. In the meantime, love and hugs to all xx

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.