How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just woke up feeling excited for the first time in a long time.  It's 12 weeks today since Ki died 💔.  I finally got the email to say my holiday to Spain is cancelled for next weekend 😥 but my new deck is finished (well a few finishing touches to do)  This means I can now safely travel from one end of the garden to the other via 3 decked areas and interconnecting boardwalks.  No more bumpy ground to jump up and attack me when my leg is having an off day.  No more steps to navigate when I want to take a drink down to the bottom deck which is the early morning sunny spot with jasmine and honeysuckle growing over the trellis with dream catchers and birdfeeders hanging down.  This area was paid for by Ki, indirectly because he suggested I use my share of the money we made from our SL business for my garden. So the honeysuckle and some of the other plants are his favorites.  I want it to be a corner of calm just like he was to me.   I also have a decked area near the house set up as an eating area and a central deck for sunbathing and partying.  

Hopefully the weather is kind to me because it is my intention to take my CBD vape and a coffee (in a lidded no spill mug) down to the chill deck every morning.  I probably should have done that before reading some of the *struggling for the right word* posts on the forums.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Numb.

I've just lost my job due to Coronavirus-related downsizing.

Feel bad for you mate. I honestly don't understand how this kind of thing can be 'legal' tbh? It's f'kin scandalous!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Just woke up feeling excited for the first time in a long time.

I'm so glad Cindy!  A beautiful spot filled with warm feelings of love and tenderness is just what everyone needs right now.  So happy for you, you deserve this spot!  Enjoy it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Numb.

I've just lost my job due to Coronavirus-related downsizing.

So, so sorry. Gah. I'd say I can't imagine, but I've been downsized a lot, and it isn't fun. Seems late in the game for them to be doing this, as at least here in the States everyone seems to be ramping back up to open everything, whether we're ready to or not. I hope this cycle is a short one for you. :::hugs::: ETA: I hope the UK safety net system is better and easier that ours.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since my last post regarding the flustercluck surrounding the delivery of my medications, I am pleased to announce that according to six emails from the USPS that my parcel will be delivered and will indeed require a signature. And you know there's a "but"... BUT the day isn't the same on all six emails, even though I tried to change the descrepencies once I was aware of them because they frikkin kept telling me the reschedule hit an error and to effing try again and so I did. Since I have to sign, since I have no idea what day they are coming, let alone what time they are coming, and since I really, really, really need my thyroid medication, I'm too worried to do anything that might cause me to miss a knock on the door. Laundry? Nope. Shower? Nope (ewwwww, sob). Take the garbage out? Nope. Take a nap? Nope (and no thyroid meds means I really want to). 

I did log into SL. I did move some stuff around underwater. I did annoy a little troll in the forum. So all is not totally useless. But regarding the other...

I can't even.gif

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Just woke up feeling excited for the first time in a long time.  It's 12 weeks today since Ki died 💔.  I finally got the email to say my holiday to Spain is cancelled for next weekend 😥 but my new deck is finished (well a few finishing touches to do)  This means I can now safely travel from one end of the garden to the other via 3 decked areas and interconnecting boardwalks.  No more bumpy ground to jump up and attack me when my leg is having an off day.  No more steps to navigate when I want to take a drink down to the bottom deck which is the early morning sunny spot with jasmine and honeysuckle growing over the trellis with dream catchers and birdfeeders hanging down.  This area was paid for by Ki, indirectly because he suggested I use my share of the money we made from our SL business for my garden. So the honeysuckle and some of the other plants are his favorites.  I want it to be a corner of calm just like he was to me.   I also have a decked area near the house set up as an eating area and a central deck for sunbathing and partying.  

Hopefully the weather is kind to me because it is my intention to take my CBD vape and a coffee (in a lidded no spill mug) down to the chill deck every morning.  I probably should have done that before reading some of the *struggling for the right word* posts on the forums.   

Lately I have been really missing my old house where I used to sit on the top porch step in the mornings with my EMC&B (early morning coffee) but that was long before it was legal so it wasn't as relaxing as it could have been. That was one of the perks of living where summer lasts 9 months. Now I live somewhere it's the opposite. 

I need a sunroom. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

'kk, I have to go to work, I'm still feeling meh but I took a shower and had breakfast for a change before I sat down at my desk, this is an improvement. Hugs and kisses everyone!

kissyminion.jpg.gif

I can just picture you sitting down at your computer, Minion goggles on, as you learn forward and plaster your screen with sloberry wet kisses. xD

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Will an ice cream headache cancel out a real headache?

I didn't eat it fast enough to get an ice cream headache.

Fun fact:  You can often get rid of a freeze headache by pressing your thumb to the roof of your mouth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't eat it fast enough to get an ice cream headache.

Fun fact:  You can often get rid of a freeze headache by pressing your thumb to the roof of your mouth.

Or by pressing thumb and forefinger* on the sinus cavity on each side of your nose and squeezing just a tiny bit. Just enough to add a slight pressure which helps to open the sinuses briefly and allows more oxygen to the brain which can dispel the ice cream headache.

*For some middle finger works best depending on nail length.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

Oh @Cindy Evanier how lovely. We have an incredible Jasmine hedge of which our entire corner block becomes saturated with heavenly aroma when it blossoms and I mean both inside and outside the house/s. It's no consolation compared to losing your partner but what a beautiful legacy! *hugs

@Skell Dagger I am so sorry Skell. You need to think positively as someone with your level of skills and abilities would easily?, (it's never easy lol), be able to create their own income.
The thing is, you've probably never had to think that way before. 🤔 
My personal little startup, (early 2016), is coming along nicely and I designed the business in the most selfish fashion which in reality augers superbly for any pox ridden event or plague/catastrophe/forum $hitposting that might arise. 😉  

I'm with Beth for the middle finger because *looks about.. you can pick your nose and still give the finger at the same time. 😸 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.