How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Our delivery times, pre-COVID were within hours on the same day. Then after COVID it was as much as 3 weeks! Now? Looks like we're back to same day or 24 hour. So maybe monitor the delivery schedule daily to see if it changes at all.

It had been quite a while since I checked on grocery times.  Delivery is still running a couple of days out, but I was able to order the items I forgot to get, plus a few more that my husband thought of, for him to pick up tomorrow late morning.

• Like 1

Just now, Sassy Kenin said:

Maybe or maybe not whats it to you? Are you her emotional tampon?

And maybe you do not really have me blocked either. 😂

This is all hilarious. But, seriously, would be so much more functional if half-the-forum stopped pretending to have the other half blocked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And maybe you do not really have me blocked either. 😂

This is all hilarious. But, seriously, would be so much more functional if half-the-forum stopped pretending to have the other half blocked.

I wish i could lough with you and not at you. 😆 as for Beth and the one with the Odd spelled name I still like them both.

Edited by Sassy Kenin

Pondering and sighing about "this is why we can't have nice things" in the Forum.

Really, really peevish and stabby.

Sighing loudly about while I don't have expectations of anyone who posts (since I really don't know any of you), that doesn't stop me from feeling... disappointed... sometimes. I'll get over it. I'm also getting progressively more angry over a certain as5hole (not a female avatar). I'll get over that soon, too, but in the meantime...grrr. Based on past experience with said AH, I should have seen it coming, but oddly enough I am a hope-springs-eternal optimist. A really, really jaded one.

It is snowing where I live, and while I joke about it elsewhere, it is really bumming me out. In this part of New England it is like the sky is almost never blue for months and months and frikking months, and it gets old. Maybe I'm not remembering things correctly, but when I lived in Michigan, which definitely knows about winter, sure we'd get the gray snowy days and then we'd get the blinding bright blue skies that would fry our retinas. Then again, I lived in Holland MI which is next to the Lake so maybe that blew the clouds away. Anyway. Grey skies forever suck and I have SAD and my poor little "happy" light doesn't stand a chance against the constant gloom.

I get my prescriptions by mail, and usually it is at most about 2 days to get the refills. I haven't gotten a couple and I called the pharmacy and they show that the USPS tracking is "in transit"... for well over a week. Meanwhile, I just ran out of my thyroid medication. Fuss and bother. A small annoyance, but they kind of pile on each other, right?

I'm hoping that some of the crap that is happening in the Forum doesn't affect this thread, as I know so many find it useful. I don't have a good feeling about it though.

Depressed.

• Sad 3

Had my appointment at CancerCare yesterday. 2.5 hours. That included a gynecological exam, blood tests, EKG, and chest x-ray, plus a consultation about 'what happens next?' 

Sometime in the next week or two, I'll be getting a call with a date and time for surgery. They'll remove the cyst, along with all reproductive organs. In other words, a complete hysterectomy. And appendectomy, and a couple of lymph nodes. Everything will be sent to pathology, and from there I'll hopefully know within a month or so what next steps, if any, there are to take.

• Sad 5

3 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

Had my appointment at CancerCare yesterday. 2.5 hours. That included a gynecological exam, blood tests, EKG, and chest x-ray, plus a consultation about 'what happens next?' 

Sometime in the next week or two, I'll be getting a call with a date and time for surgery. They'll remove the cyst, along with all reproductive organs. In other words, a complete hysterectomy. And appendectomy, and a couple of lymph nodes. Everything will be sent to pathology, and from there I'll hopefully know within a month or so what next steps, if any, there are to take.

There are inadequate response emojis again.

I know that the next month is going to be really hard. It's that waiting and uncertainty. No matter how much we try not to worry, I've never met a person yet who could pull that off, especially around the subject of cancer. I used to work with people living with cancer. I've had my own scares. It really sucks. The only thing I know to "advise" is to take care of yourself. Go easy. Vent when you need to. Laugh, cry, feel all the feels. Try to remind yourself it IS unknown and don't dwell in the dark places.

People in this thread (most of 'em anyhow) really do listen and are empathetic. ♥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good grief, Charlotte!  I'd think the waiting would be the hardest part of all.  Although maybe it's a good sign...if they wanted to rush you into surgery RIGHT NOW it would say they're concerned about it spreading.  Anyway, I wish you all the best, and hope you sail through it all and make a quick recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today I am feeling extremely crabby and **tchy. I came close, so darn close to making a snarky reply to a post on the Photo thread but I held myself back realizing it would just incite more drama over there *sighs* It is just not fun anymore around here 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I had a lumpectomy and oophorectomy a few years back. The breast lump was cancerous, the lady bits were not. I underwent chemo and radiation, lost all my hair and got to wear some really neat hats. I'm now on maintenance chemo (estrogen uptake blocker) and still kickin'. I'm hoping for an all clear on the parts they remove, Charlotte. But, even if you get some discouraging news, there's lots that can be done.

I'm rooting for you!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm frustrated with the current crankiness on the forums, but overall I'm still doing better than I've been.  My daughter and her boyfriend flew in last night, so nice change of pace here.  And I actually slept 6 solid hours last night before waking up the first time.  Been a while since I've experienced that.

• Like 5

The crankiness is making me cranky so all I'm doing is adding to everyone else's crankiness.

I am bloody well sick and bloody tired, though, of the comments from some about cranky forumites behaving like children. My mother is dead, and has been for more than a decade. I'm reminded of that constantly since tomorrow is Mother's Day. People have disagreements. People act like ass-hats. We are living in insane times and sometimes we need to let ourselves be frustrated. The reality may be that the frustration is move COVID-related than forum related, but I can't yell at COVID now, can I? But I can scuffle with people being dingalings on the forums. And people can scuffle with me when I'm being a dingaling. 

But scolding? No. You can shove that right up your butt. Let people work out their own issues. 

And if I don't get some quality sleep soon, I'm going to throw myself in the Ohio River. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm hoping that some of the crap that is happening in the Forum doesn't affect this thread, as I know so many find it useful. I don't have a good feeling about it though.

me too!  I feel very protective of our little safe space here.... I want to keep it safe here.  so anyway, I'm gonna try to do my part by trying to stay on topic, how you feel, how i feel and how we care about people 

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

But scolding? No. You can shove that right up your butt. Let people work out their own issues. 

And if I don't get some quality sleep soon, I'm going to throw myself in the Ohio River. 

Sleep is so important.  I tend to overindulge in wakefulness on weekends, last night the sun was coming up before I went to bed, then I find myself waking up about 4-5 hours later,  not rested, but can't fall back to sleep either. Some of it's plague related, some of it's depression related and some of it I haven't a clue why.  I'm with you on the Eff scolding Beth.  We really don't need any of that.

36 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

feeling extremely crabby and **tchy. I came close, so darn close to making a snarky reply to a post on the Photo thread but I held myself back realizing it would just incite more drama over there *sighs* It is just not fun anymore

I'm reminded once again that you are not responsible for your feelings, it's your actions you are responsible for. You done good Saraya!   Pat yourself on the back.

2 hours ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

consultation about 'what happens next?' 

damn damn damn!  I hate cancer.  gentle hugs to you Charlotte.

In fact gentle hugs to everyone reading here. 

survivor.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Right now you can add Totally Ished Out to my list.

I was watching Vikings and snacking on peanuts. I poured a small handful into my hand, then put that in my mouth and chewed, and one of the last chews before swallowing was really, really strongly nasty of unknown taste and the texture of the peanut wasn't "peanut" and it was too late and I swallowed and now I have no idea what that was, or how soon it'll kill me. God, I think it was a bug...

• Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.