How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

So, um... the burst of posts? Now explained. I'm stoned out of my mind! Yippee.

Okay, but what’s my excuse for being incredibly manic today?! I’m (fairly) sure I took all the right meds today.

I did start the day with a headache... and a slight cough... and now have a very low-grade fever... DO I HAVE THE VIRUS?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

11 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

@BelindaN - I may have missed an update in the last couple of days, but how is your mom?

Hi Beth. Mother is in the palliative care unit now. They finally figured out she's not going to get better. Our health service is staffed by truly amazing people. Since February,  I've met a lot! 

But is handicapped by bureaucracy....

The tone has now changed from the cheerful optimism of the early days into a compassionate understanding of the difficulties we face now.

Mother is peaceful and settled. She doesn't speak. Fluids are intravenous. The nurse yesterday told me that she's waiting for the right moment to slip away. I may have already mentioned that her mother and brother both died on Friday 20th May in the same hospital, a few years apart. The hospital is different, and 20th May isn't a Friday. But I think she's attempting a family hat trick. We always had a laugh about a year with Friday 20th May in it, and how we had to take care.

I suspect she will hang on as long as possible for that date, but it will take everything she has left. Her mother, my Grandma had a severe stroke. It took her recent memory, so she didn't know me, and it blinded her. She lasted five days in hospital, and I was there every day, talking to her. A second stroke and pneumonia took her that Friday night. My Grandma brought me up. We lived with her. She was a Matriarch you didn't mess with. It was absolutely devastating to lose her, and my first adult encounter with death and grief. From that moment, I changed. That was my eureka moment about life and how to behave with others. The memory of those five days still burns bright. Bxx

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Hi Beth. Mother is in the palliative care unit now. They finally figured out she's not going to get better. Our health service is staffed by truly amazing people. Since February,  I've met a lot! 

But is handicapped by bureaucracy....

The tone has now changed from the cheerful optimism of the early days into a compassionate understanding of the difficulties we face now.

Mother is peaceful and settled. She doesn't speak. Fluids are intravenous. The nurse yesterday told me that she's waiting for the right moment to slip away. I may have already mentioned that her mother and brother both died on Friday 20th May in the same hospital, a few years apart. The hospital is different, and 20th May isn't a Friday. But I think she's attempting a family hat trick. We always had a laugh about a year with Friday 20th May in it, and how we had to take care.

I suspect she will hang on as long as possible for that date, but it will take everything she has left. Her mother, my Grandma had a severe stroke. It took her recent memory, so she didn't know me, and it blinded her. She lasted five days in hospital, and I was there every day, talking to her. A second stroke and pneumonia took her that Friday night. My Grandma brought me up. We lived with her. She was a Matriarch you didn't mess with. It was absolutely devastating to lose her, and my first adult encounter with death and grief. From that moment, I changed. That was my eureka moment about life and how to behave with others. The memory of those five days still burns bright. Bxx

Your positive attitude and strength shine through always, BelindaN.  It is a relief to hear at last that your mother is no longer being moved in and out of hospital and is as peaceful and comfortable as possible. The health service help us into the world, and if we are lucky, are there for us when we need them at the end of it too. 

We have purple butterfly rooms in our hospital, and extra rest rooms for relatives, luckily these don't seem to have been taken over by the covid thing, as life, illness and death are still going on as normal too.

Sending so much love and strength to you and your family. And thank you for being a positive light on these forums too, in spite of your real life rather big problems. It certainly makes me feel humble. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your support.

I just had the call. Mother passed over at 12.00noon, Sunday May 10th.

So 10/05/2020. The number 5 and multiples thereof in dates,  has always been significant for my family for some reason. 

So she didn't make the 20th, bless her.

Now I must have a mug of tea and chocolate, and reflect........

💋🖖

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Thank you all for your support.

I just had the call. Mother passed over at 12.00noon, Sunday May 10th.

So 10/05/2020. The number 5 and multiples thereof in dates,  has always been significant for my family for some reason. 

So she didn't make the 20th, bless her.

Now I must have a mug of tea and chocolate, and reflect........

💋🖖

I have no doubt your mother has been taken by those who have gone before to a much better place than this mortal earth we know. 

Strange how numbers do play an eerie significance sometimes. 

Sending strength for the next stages of your lives too. This next couple of weeks will be strangest, with some very bittersweet moments, I am sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah, Belinda, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've admired the grace with which you've been going through this, and will continue to do so, no doubt, in the future stress. She didn't make the hat trick but she did pass on Mother's Day (at least here in the States), and maybe it is just me but I'd find that somewhat... in the same way. I don't really have the words and should stop before I muck things up, but you have my thoughts and I'm sure everyone's in the thread. ♥

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was going to come in sheepishly quipping but that just doesn't seem right. I feel like I was hit by a truck thanks to the mistake with the chemicals yesterday. I've made sure I have the right pills in the right amounts taken at the right time. Things should be a bit quieter. In other threads I see my pet peeve, the often described, tsk-tsking admonitions by ana1 retentive self-appointed faux monitors is still going strong. Well, good, because I'm sure the way I post is their pet peeves. So eff 'em, tit for tat, etc. [self-edited deleted mini rant in an attempt at adulting]

The snow has melted. It doesn't look like we're in for any more today and hopefully not until winter, where the stupid stuff belongs. It is still overcast though. Ugh.

So back to feeling meh. Back to being my usual optimistic self (you may think I'm kidding, but I'm not) while also being extremely disappointed in things and people, which feels like me being jaded and cynical but is probably just pragmatic. Back to polishing up my Badge of Honor from Misanthropes R Us. Etc.

The bright spot is that now I know that beavers living in the Ohio River aren't homeless, or lost, or lazy, but live in little mud caves and still remain pretty freaking ingenious.

ETA: Because I still have that mini rant living inside of me begging to get out. For the love of gawd, if you don't like how I post, or how anyone posts, scroll past. If people are following the community guidelines and LL rules, but you don't like their posting style...scroll past. Quit with the effing lectures. You may think you know the correct way to post, you may think you know what an appropriate response is to a situation (and that is only your way, tyvm)... but you don't. You really don't. So much for adulting but THAT's how I'm feeling at 12:30 EST.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4

And I know that Mother's Day can be a difficult day for some people. It isn't always the happy brunch day folks at Hallmark and the annoying "my life is perfect" posts on Facebook want you to believe it is.

For me, it used to be that this holiday was difficult because as much as I wanted a mom I could celebrate with, she was, in fact, a horrid little troll who was probably a malignant narcissist, among other things. Lord knows I tried (and failed) to normalize things, and it twisted me up. I remember looking through cards at a Hallmark card shop and none of the cards were "right" and I ended up dropping the last card on the floor, bursting out crying, making a scene and scurrying out of there, mortified. She's been out of my life for quite a while now, and I long ago came to terms, but even still, today I will get little pangs of various not nice emotions. So for those of you who have that kind of reaction to Mother's Day, you are not alone, not by a long shot.

Then there are the people who had a wonderful mother, whom they miss, and this day is bittersweet for them. Painful even. I have no idea what that feels like, but I can empathize that it sucks. It can be a very depressing day. You also are not alone, not by a long shot.

During this stupid pandemic, even people who get to have the Hallmark holiday maybe cannot, due to social distancing or quarantine. Sigh. Again... not alone. It sucks.

For those of you who can have a wonderful, glorious day with your mothers and grandmothers, I'm truly happy for you. Truly. I hope reading the little "it isn't always happy" bits above might make you stop, for just a moment on this day of appreciation, and appreciate what you have just that little bit more. Give her a hug from me, who never got to give a hug.

Namaste (which for the record means something along the lines of the divinity in me recognizes the divinity in you)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am feeling mightily relieved now I have watched Boris Johnson's speech.  I am soooo sick and tired of 2020. 2019 was a bastard too in actual fact.  In fact I think none of what has been happening (to me) since about March 2019 has been real. I am in a bright white room being fed ridiculous images, like one big bad dream. Too personal to go into here actually, even though I do seem to offload some pretty real life sh1t all too often. 

Our prime minister looks like a total buffoon with his hair, and he has this ongoing desire to get us all riding bicycles for some unknown reason (especially weird as he doesn't exactly have an athlete's build).  

Politics have no place on a virtual world's forums. 

Nonetheless this is how I am feeling today.

Relieved.

And a total wreck actually. 

It took me two hours to find an outfit I liked today. Two. Flipping. Hours!!!!!!! In real life it only took me two seconds.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I am feeling mightily relieved now I have watched Boris Johnson's speech. 

I feel the opposite.  Only relief is my child doesn't fall into the year groups of guinea pigs   children he wants to go back to school

Regarding the spammer of a few minutes earlier, looking at the bigger picture, he may have got a point! But he has gone the wrong way about proving the point. If you looked at his profile in world, saw the groups he was joined to, the content at some of those places the groups lead to. Does amaze me how Linden Lab bans gambling, but allows this type of stuff in. 

I mean, believe me I am no prude, even though I appear exceedingly G-rated in Second Life. Whatever consenting adults get up to is their own business - apart from pedophilia of course - and if that is banned in Second Life, then shouldn't b e a s t iality also be?  Not looking for a discussion this. This is totally the wrong place for a discussion on this BUT I am conveying, as the title of the thread suggests, just how I am feeling today - right in this moment.

Thinking and feeling a bit sh1t all round actually, at so many people that truly disgust and disappoint me, for so many reasons. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
forum software b e a s t i ality is a valid word
  • Sad 2

Honestly, I am feeling like this wish.com fursuit:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/671799162614054952/709116583032651836/bad_wish_fursuit.jpg

it is very relatable mood right now because I am autism(yes really, no I am not making fun of it) and have no idea what the heck is going on anymore(not that I had any clue at what is going on in the first place. I am nervous yeen).

Also considering just making a forum thread with "HERE IS MY INFORMATION YOU CAN SHUT UP NOW" because I honestly do not care if people have it(It is public information from my SL mailing list signature and my website's whois information), but not sure if the Lindens would be okay with that.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Sad 6

32 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Also considering just making a forum thread with "HERE IS MY INFORMATION YOU CAN SHUT UP NOW" because I honestly do not care if people have it(It is public information from my SL mailing list signature and my website's whois information), but not sure if the Lindens would be okay with that.

Chaser, hang in there. And please do NOT list your information, for many reasons.

Don't let the spam guy get to you. It is about him, not you. It'll be ok. ♥

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.