How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Gather round everyone.  Cookies & milk, multiple ways for folks to choose from

No thank you, I'm lactose intolerant. Actually need to be following FODMAP (long story) so the cookies are probably suspect too, but eff it, they are cookies. I want my cookies with really good booze. Lactose free milk tastes funny, btw, if that was going to be someone's fix, Lactaid pills only work so-so.

But yeah, some good KY bourbon (nods to @Beth Macbain) and cookies...

This is actually one of my RL photos from a crappy smartphone, from several years ago when I, too, lived (?) in KY, kind of East of Jesus. The glass is a divine, hand cut, heavy Irish crystal that I picked up (bought, not stole) in Ireland and hand carried back. The booze is Eagle Rare. 

rummer snip.JPG

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

JFC

FFS

Sometimes navigating the hierarchy of these forums and who is allowed to decide what is appropriate behavior on what particular day depending on the phases of the moon and the moods of some anointed golden child living on exoplanet 51 Pegasi b just gets to be a little too much for my poor feeble brain to handle.

Jane hurts Bob's feelings, so Karen hurts Jane's feelings for hurting Bob's feelings, but then Becky strolls in to hurt Karen's feelings, and soon no one is speaking to each other, and just eff it all. 

I'm going to grab @Seicher Rae and we're going to go find someone else's forums to pollute with our awfulness.

1715686335_tenor(1).gif.c218e4bcd4a27eb4459269c91cb8f31f.gif

And yes, I know I'm being overly-dramatic, and emotional, and ridiculous. 

Ah. I think I am now caught up. And, um, yeah. Not amused.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

But yeah, some good KY bourbon (nods to @Beth Macbain) and cookies...

You may have all the bourbon. I got sick on the stuff way too many times as an idiot teenager living south of East Jesus and can't even handle the smell now, which sucks when people come to visit and they want to do the Bourbon Trail and I know I'm going to be nauseated the entire time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Shucks! I went to the kitchen, to get me a much bigger bag of popcorn for the "Targeting users you don’t like" thread. Then I had resolved to go come back and post that hilarious "Help, I'm being repressed" video classic from Monty Python. Then, dangit, I return to my seat, only to find out they closed the thread from under me! No fair! 🥰

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I do believe that I have the vapors today.

11678376495_568d247df0_z.jpg.a005c81d987c20d890111264ff4bafd5.jpg

I'm off to lie down and fan myself (eat cookies) and see if I can find The Women streaming online somewhere... they make us look perfectly calm and reasonable in comparison. 

Closing this window now for realsies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yeah... I'm back to feeling Forum Fed  Up, as I was yesterday. Not for anything that went on today with the silly amateur twits, but because someone just won't let his snarky, idiotic behavior die on another thread, the one that got me in the bad mood yesterday. This sheet that was just so out of the blue. More posts today referring to "it" and I was trying to just let "it" pass. It is all just so unnecessary, ya know? Whatever. As I said on the peeve thread to Lil, I post what I post, and I am not here to please folks. But it irks me when sheet happens and there is just no good reason for it. Meh.

Just... meh.  This isn't even worthy of a Cartman gif or a flounce gif. Things are just weirder than usual around here for days...

TS mirror.gif

PS. You know how "we" keep saying we need more reaction emojis. I've wanted like a facepalm, etc? Today I wish we had a middle finger one. Or a stabby one.

Edited by Seicher Rae
grammar tweak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This whole F*****n mask thing needs to go away SOON.  I hate those damn things.  I popped to the grocery store for a few items for Mother's Day dinner with my daughter tomorrow.  My list wasn't organized in the order of the store, which I typically do, and it was the larger grocery store that I don't shop at as often, and the store was somewhat crowded (compared to the mostly empty early morning times).  Given all of that, I'm having difficulty finding some of the items on my list and the mask is making me panicky, so it sure didn't take very long before all I could think about was getting the heck out so I could rip the damn mask off.

Needless to save, I totally missed getting one semi-crucial item on my list.

Will have to send the husband later this afternoon or tomorrow morning because I most definitely am NOT going back that soon.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

As for the drama threads and our adventures veering off topic, I chalk it up to the regular Friday cocktail with a covid twist of Lime, or maybe lemon, yeah lemon is more sour.

5 reasons to try Gin & Tonic | Unsobered I can't say I'm ashamed of our hi jinx, although perhaps I should be, because I really don't approve of yukking it up at anyone's expense, no matter how well deserved.  I'm just glad I managed to get my production done at work and still had a little fun. But, yeah, there's gotta be a better way.... I don't like the way I feel now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This whole F*****n mask thing needs to go away SOON.  I hate those damn things.  I popped to the grocery store for a few items for Mother's Day dinner with my daughter tomorrow.  My list wasn't organized in the order of the store, which I typically do, and it was the larger grocery store that I don't shop at as often, and the store was somewhat crowded (compared to the mostly empty early morning times).  Given all of that, I'm having difficulty finding some of the items on my list and the mask is making me panicky, so it sure didn't take very long before all I could think about was getting the heck out so I could rip the damn mask off.

Needless to save, I totally missed getting one semi-crucial item on my list.

Will have to send the husband later this afternoon or tomorrow morning because I most definitely am NOT going back that soon.

Bummer Lil, this reminds me why I don't go to the store anymore.  I like having the shopping delivered, even if it does cost a little more. Time for cocktails!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

As for the drama threads and our adventures veering off topic, I chalk it up to the regular Friday cocktail with a covid twist of Lime, or maybe lemon, yeah lemon is more sour.

5 reasons to try Gin & Tonic | Unsobered I can't say I'm ashamed of our hi jinx, although perhaps I should be, because I really don't approve of yukking it up at anyone's expense, no matter how well deserved.  I'm just glad I managed to get my production done at work and still had a little fun. But, yeah, there's gotta be a better way.... I don't like the way I feel now.

I thought the veers were grand, and I can't say I'm ashamed either. It actually is how some people need to be dealt with. My fed up is with something different, not like you said otherwise... But having vast years of experience in dealing with insane situations and insane people online, there are times that normal rules of contact just don't apply. They just don't. So :::shrug::: Drink up! What's better than a troll thread NOT working? (Besides NO troll threads?)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Bummer Lil, this reminds me why I don't go to the store anymore.  I like having the shopping delivered, even if it does cost a little more. Time for cocktails!

It is still really hard to get delivery times here.  Maybe time to start spending a bit more time trying to get one --- or at the very least I could order everything and go pick it up. They have special parking spots for that and they bring it to the car.  Even if I had to put a mask on to get out and talk to the person, it would only be for a minute or two.

Of course that also requires thinking ahead -- which I did not do very well when we went to the store Monday morning, which is why I went again today.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Another reason I hate them damn masks -- besides feeling like I can't breathe at all, when I do breathe, I always end up with fogged glasses resulting in short-term blindness.  The perils of having to wear glasses.

image.png.9e5cb81a8983f59b82d02e77320ef586.png

The masks I got during my trip to the ER recently have a bendable, solid strip at the top. If you pinch that tightly to your nose and fiddle with it it keeps the glasses from fogging up.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is still really hard to get delivery times here.  Maybe time to start spending a bit more time trying to get one --- or at the very least I could order everything and go pick it up. They have special parking spots for that and they bring it to the car.  Even if I had to put a mask on to get out and talk to the person, it would only be for a minute or two.

Of course that also requires thinking ahead -- which I did not do very well when we went to the store Monday morning, which is why I went again today.

Our delivery times, pre-COVID were within hours on the same day. Then after COVID it was as much as 3 weeks! Now? Looks like we're back to same day or 24 hour. So maybe monitor the delivery schedule daily to see if it changes at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

The masks I got during my trip to the ER recently have a bendable, solid strip at the top. If you pinch that tightly to your nose and fiddle with it it keeps the glasses from fogging up.

image.png.9e5cb81a8983f59b82d02e77320ef586.png

@LittleMe Jewell I just love that pic, it cracks me up! and @Seicher Rae I only have the the homemade cut up tshirt kind of masks and they fog up something fierce.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

The motorised hospital bed I'm in has just started giving me quite the sensuous butt massage.

And no, I don't yet know when I'll be going home.

oh I'm all jelly!  I lay down in one of those at a chiropractors office once and nearly came in public.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

The motorised hospital bed I'm in has just started giving me quite the sensuous butt massage.

And no, I don't yet know when I'll be going home.

Crikey! That sounds much more preferable to sitting atop the washing machine for jollies!

How is the BP? Sensuous anything would have mine through the roof. 

Be well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

oh I'm all jelly!  I lay down in one of those at a chiropractors office once and nearly came in public.

I am saying absolutely nothing about the exercise bike.

Nothing.

At.

All. 

(I'll have what she's having.) ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

We have 2 of the ones with the bendable strip - they are even N-95 ones - but they still do not fit tight enough across the top edge.  Maybe we've washed and reused them too many times.  Maybe if I tighten the elastic a bit, since elastic tends to stretch too much after repeated wearings.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yeah... I'm back to feeling Forum Fed  Up, as I was yesterday. Not for anything that went on today with the silly amateur twits, but because someone just won't let his snarky, idiotic behavior die on another thread, the one that got me in the bad mood yesterday. This sheet that was just so out of the blue. More posts today referring to "it" and I was trying to just let "it" pass. It is all just so unnecessary, ya know? Whatever. As I said on the peeve thread to Lil, I post what I post, and I am not here to please folks. But it irks me when sheet happens and there is just no good reason for it. Meh.

Just... meh.  This isn't even worthy of a Cartman gif or a flounce gif. Things are just weirder than usual around here for days...

TS mirror.gif

PS. You know how "we" keep saying we need more reaction emojis. I've wanted like a facepalm, etc? Today I wish we had a middle finger one. Or a stabby one.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. :( And I know it sounds a bit trite, but simply don't let them get to you. That's their game. Always. The purpose is never to 'win' the argument, but to get under your skin, and do harm. Even saying it outloud sounds silly, but it's true.

Just do like I do: grab a bag of popcorn, and just laugh at their antics. It's not worth it. 🤗

N.B. And despite your sheer frantic attempt to not be funny in this post of yours, sad to inform you your gif was hilarious nonetheless. :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. :( And I know it sounds a bit trite, but simply don't let them get to you. That's their game. Always. The purpose is never to 'win' the argument, but to get under your skin, and do harm. Even saying it outloud sounds silly, but it's true.

Just do like I do: grab a bag of popcorn, and just laugh at their antics. It's not worth it. 🤗

N.B. And despite your sheer frantic attempt to not be funny in this post of yours, sad to inform you your gif was hilarious nonetheless. :) 

Ah, the silly little twits in the troll threads didn't get to me. The other, the one that is pi55ing me off, is something different altogether and something totally wtf that it even happened at all. I have many, many years experience dealing with a select few haters (all of whom make the twits look like toddlers) and my skin has thickened quite a bit. I'm not going to fall apart over it, as the person doesn't mean that much to me, but I do get cranky. And I am now. I am greatly annoyed by the senselessness of it. I thought the gif hilarious also.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.