How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm fuming, because here we have demonstrations against the lockdown and other measurements to prevent the spread of corona. Like wearing masks, and keeping distance to others. 
While I understand it to be annoying, and I'd rather we not had to do all this, I know it is absolutely nessesary. I also understand that buisnessowners are scared to lose everything due to some measurements - but nobodies buisness is as important as someone elses life. And mind you, a lot of those people who go demonstrating are just people who want to have parties with their friends again. They deem that more important than other peoples life. 
I'm in a risk group, so me getting it would be reaaally bad. I do what I can to prevent that, as in, I don't go outside at all, only once a week to buy food.Which is less then good for my health, mental or otherwise.  And without a fail, I see people giving a damn ***** about the rules in this godforsaken city. Busses are still full, so no real distancing, and worse - I see many people not wearing their mask in it, or just having it dangle around their chin. Cool. Really, awesome. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I'm fuming, because here we have demonstrations against the lockdown and other measurements to prevent the spread of corona. Like wearing masks, and keeping distance to others. 
While I understand it to be annoying, and I'd rather we not had to do all this, I know it is absolutely nessesary. I also understand that buisnessowners are scared to lose everything due to some measurements - but nobodies buisness is as important as someone elses life. And mind you, a lot of those people who go demonstrating are just people who want to have parties with their friends again. They deem that more important than other peoples life. 
I'm in a risk group, so me getting it would be reaaally bad. I do what I can to prevent that, as in, I don't go outside at all, only once a week to buy food.Which is less then good for my health, mental or otherwise.  And without a fail, I see people giving a damn ***** about the rules in this godforsaken city. Busses are still full, so no real distancing, and worse - I see many people not wearing their mask in it, or just having it dangle around their chin. Cool. Really, awesome. 

The only way these thoughtless selfish people are going to get the point of all these measures being in place is if/WHEN someone close to them (or they themselves) contract covid-19. I don't understand why they just aren't getting it already. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
My English speaking brain has not woken up properly quite just yet
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Yes. Our state is being fairly responsible but is still moving to reopen probably too soon. I'm new to the area and so to learn more about its history and things I joined a Facebook page for just that. Oh. My. I'm seeing a lot of posts about "why can't we be more like Florida?" with pictures of hundreds on a beach, too close, no masks. Luckily those demonstrating (usually with guns) are the minority, just a handful of people. ALL of the media has been giving these jagoffs way too much, uneven coverage. The majority of Americans are concerned about "too soon." I had food delivered yesterday (fantastic bacon cheeseburger, wish I could do that every day!) and the young girl who delivered it was not wearing a mask. It made me uncomfortable but I didn't say anything.

• Like 2

Bored. I woke up bored. How do you even do that? I rarely get bored. Depressed, lethargic, brain dead, yes. I get those a lot. But bored?

I think I'll label it ennui instead. It sounds better.

And while I still have a few hours of hope for the medications to arrive by certified mail today, I'm pretty sure they won't. I can't get through to anyone on a phone, either nationally (who would be of no more help than the webpage) or locally, whose phone just rings and rings. I'm sure this problem is, if not 100% then close to it, the fault of the effing rescheduling webpage that was malfunctioning back on Wednesday. This means going back to the pharmacy and my doctor, by phone. Possibly a drive. I haven't driven anywhere in over a month.

I just want to go back to bed, curl up, hide. Maybe I will.

ETA. Thank the gods. Mere minutes after I posted this the medication was delivered! I explained to the delivery postman how effed up things had been and he was confirming that this definitely got messed up. He was even from another post office than what should have delivered? I think that's what he said? The package shakes like "pills" so maybe that is why he just said eff it and delivered it instead of sending it to the closer post office? I don't know. It doesn't matter. I have already taken the thyroid and I know I'll feel awful for a few days until my body acclimates AGAIN. But yay.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I understand.  What I wanted to say is, there's no unity here.  One wears a mask; one doesn't.  It's 50/50 for a mask where I am and I'm in an area that is considered not under control yet.  And, with so many not wearing a mask...is it any wonder it's not under control yet where I live?  Throws up hands.  

I was hoping to see my sister this coming week as we both were tested recently.  Hers is negative.  Mine, I'm awaiting the results by Tuesday.  I have no symptoms so I'm sure mine will be negative also.  However, I'm in an area were lockdown is pretty strict; she's in an area where lockdown is easing.  I fear more for her than me right now.  My getting together with my sister will have to wait a while.  We don't know how long yet before we can see each other, but awhile.  We both wear our masks, gloves and have hand sanitizer so we thought it possible but just having the test that we are negative does not mean we cannot get it.   But, my sister and I did not want to party; it was about her helping me carry a lot of supplies into my home.  I wanted to stock up on some things that would hold me over until at least next Spring.  All my laundry detergents, cleaners, soaps, grooming products, etc.  I don't have a car at this time so I needed her help.  I looked up laundry detergent for delivery to my residence - starts at about $35 dollars for the product I want.  It's more expensive to shop online but I am going to do it.  

But, how do I feel?  I feel sad but am willing to deal with the reality of all of this.  I miss my family and friends.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

ETA. Thank the gods. Mere minutes after I posted this the medication was delivered! I explained to the delivery postman how effed up things had been and he was confirming that this definitely got messed up. He was even from another post office than what should have delivered? I think that's what he said? The package shakes like "pills" so maybe that is why he just said eff it and delivered it instead of sending it to the closer post office? I don't know. It doesn't matter. I have already taken the thyroid and I know I'll feel awful for a few days until my body acclimates AGAIN. But yay.

I am so glad you finally got it! I know you're going to feel rough for a few days, but feeling better is close at hand! YAY!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been awake all of six hours today and I'm exhausted due to breasts so here's what I'm going to do. First, I'm closing these damn forums for the day (probably maybe) and then I'm going to eat pizza WITH PINEAPPLE.

After that I'm going to start taking photos of my pixelated self fully and completely clothed from head to toe, and in the editing, I'm going to hide a female nipple in every single picture. It can be a new forum game - Spot the Nipple. First person to find it gets a nipple cupcake, fresh from the MP, retail value L$250. 

I admit defeat. I have been beaten down by someone else's stupidity. I give up. I have no more tools in my arsenal to combat such abject willful ignorance. 

I live to fight another day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've been awake all of six hours today and I'm exhausted due to breasts so here's what I'm going to do. First, I'm closing these damn forums for the day (probably maybe) and then I'm going to eat pizza WITH PINEAPPLE.

After that I'm going to start taking photos of my pixelated self fully and completely clothed from head to toe, and in the editing, I'm going to hide a female nipple in every single picture. It can be a new forum game - Spot the Nipple. First person to find it gets a nipple cupcake, fresh from the MP, retail value L$250. 

I admit defeat. I have been beaten down by someone else's stupidity. I give up. I have no more tools in my arsenal to combat such abject willful ignorance. 

The idjit didn't defeat you.

Pizza with pineapple, by choice, did.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

*picks each piece of pineapple off the pizza and flicks it at Beth, grinning as one bounces off her nose and the next one smacks her right in the lips

Didn't yer momma teach you never argue with an idiot? They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

Like I've been mowed over by a truck.

As expected going from zero to the elevated level of thyroid has just left me feeling horrid. Today is day 2. I'm hoping later today it'll taper off and maybe tomorrow or the next will be my whatever-normal-is normal. But for now, ugh. (And the pills are not really splittable or I would have ramped up.)

I have tried to force myself on line, to some modicum of success. I didn't DO much, and I do have things to do inworld, but I logged on, damnit. I logged on!

And the idiot doxxer just showed up, so I think I'll vacate the premises for now.

• Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Taps his foot waiting for that hug.

In my current avatar iteration, I am in the middle of transitioning from "normal" avatar to a petite fairy, currently in search of wings (instead of spending my time working on a sim design, because my head can't focus and I'm getting frustrated by a piece of mesh that I just want to set fire to). Pretty sure getting a big manly hug would make me look like a bug splattered on windshield. 

image.png.5deae8c18733f2fc4b22130527d6d2ff.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

(And the pills are not really splittable or I would have ramped up.)

A sharp paring knife and a cutting board. Or you could order a pill splitter. 

I hold the handle of the knife between fingers and thumb then use the palm of my other hand to press down on the dull edge of the blade, keeping my hand covering the pill so when it seperates it won't go flying off where humans can't find it but dogs, cats and other pets will.

• Like 3

Steam rollered again.  I was actually having a laugh in SL.. yeah go me.  TPing my friend into the middle of the sea as payback for him posting "she who will not be named" songs on my facebook.  Light hearted fun stupid stuff.   When bang, I accepted a lovely notecard from a past customer.  She had been looking for the store and followed through to my profile and wanted to offer her condolences.  Obviously I then had to thank her for her kind words and then a conversation started.  I would/could talk about him all day long but on my terms.  When I choose.  I have had a few of these notecards or IMs and would never want to discourage them because I am proud of what he created and its so nice to hear from people who appreciated his stuff.  It is very kind of people to make the effort.  It just knocks the stuffing out of me. 

Then in RL I knocked a full salt cellar all over the kitchen which after cleaning up made my legs so tired that I stumbled carrying a not quite empty cup and threw the tea all over the place.  Things happen in 3's so watch this space.  There's still 5 hours until bedtime for that 3rd F up to clean.  

Anyway carry on.  Just had to get that out. :/  

• Sad 5

Concerned.  I'm a bit concerned about the medication and treatment for those other than those who have coronavirus.  I know some hospitals have begun to resume some heart surgeries and that's about all I know for now.

As for me, I've been waiting for eye drops for two weeks now going into three weeks.  I've never experienced anything like this before.  I am okay.  I still have the old eye drops which are helping just a bit but I am pretty sure the eye drops are expired as they certainly don't work like they used to.  

It just has me concerned.  

I am also concerned about the person posting threads to spew a bunch of hateful messages on this forum.  I know they will be deleted but it seems to take forever for the mods to show up to remove the "troll".  This person spewing hate, the word troll does not cover it.  It is something else.  Some say spammer but it's not that either.  Hater perhaps it should be called.   I don't know how this person keeps getting on here?  

I feel I need a change of scenery and I don't know how to do that because I don't know what I need.  I feel like I need a vacation.  

• Like 5

Today, on a lovely partly-cloudy day here in Ohio, 2:01PM, this lovely Sunday afternoon; I am feeling somewhat bittersweet. I say this because the fact that I am dealing with the quarantine, a lot of unwanted bad thoughts due to anxiety, and also still feeling content at the same time. It's a very mixed feeling. But! Aside from all this, I do feel okay. For the first time in a while, I feel free, content, and a bit joyful. I just hope it remains this way for a bit. <3

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

I feel I need a change of scenery and I don't know how to do that because I don't know what I need.  I feel like I need a vacation.  

January, I just want to say, I totally understand...with everything going on in the world, it feels like we are all "trapped." With that, I would use SL to your advantage point and try to reach out to others, go to different sims, and just have a good time. Escape a bit...<3

• Like 3

OMG... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We are trying very hard to keep this thread from becoming all about COVID and/or politics in order to keep it as a place where people can share their feelings, and those aren't at all the same as opinions, especially as related to COVID.

Seicher was even kind enough to create a thread so people could talk about COVID until they're blue in the face. Here it is! Please use it instead of this thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

OMG... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We are trying very hard to keep this thread from becoming all about COVID and/or politics in order to keep it as a place where people can share their feelings, and those aren't at all the same as opinions, especially as related to COVID.

Seicher was even kind enough to create a thread so people could talk about COVID until they're blue in the face. Here it is! Please use it instead of this thread.

You missed the point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When someone disagrees with you on CoVid, masks, stay-at-home, and other mandated restrictions on our freedom how do you react?

I hurry to the forum and argue about oppressed nipples.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You missed the point. 

I understand how horrid this is not to know what's going on...it's very painful.  But this can very easily turn political and so the other thread Beth mentioned would be better to discuss this in...the Covid one..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.