How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Have you tried eating a Lemon Oreo?

Some b4st4rd broke into my apartment and ate them all when I wasn't here! I swear that happened! I have NO booze and NO Lemon Oreos and ...

TS tantrum.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
you knew that gif was coming, right?
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Some b4st4rd broke into my apartment and ate them all when I wasn't here! I swear that happened! I have NO booze and NO Lemon Oreos and ...

Do I need to have Postmates deliver a bottle of wine and package of Oreos to you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

The crankiness is making me cranky so all I'm doing is adding to everyone else's crankiness.

I am bloody well sick and bloody tired, though, of the comments from some about cranky forumites behaving like children. My mother is dead, and has been for more than a decade. I'm reminded of that constantly since tomorrow is Mother's Day. People have disagreements. People act like ass-hats. We are living in insane times and sometimes we need to let ourselves be frustrated. The reality may be that the frustration is move COVID-related than forum related, but I can't yell at COVID now, can I? But I can scuffle with people being dingalings on the forums. And people can scuffle with me when I'm being a dingaling. 

But scolding? No. You can shove that right up your butt. Let people work out their own issues. 

And if I don't get some quality sleep soon, I'm going to throw myself in the Ohio River. 

I am now peeved that you stole my *posted* peeve about scolding and that you're claiming it as your own, so now I have a new peeve to post. GAH!

Also, I used to live in Cincinnati (and before someone says, "Wait. Wut? I thought she lived in Holland, MI, the Bay Area in CA, East of Jesus KY and somewhere in New England?" those are all correct. And there's more!  ... Have I mentioned FML?). To those not familiar with that river, what Beth is proposing, throwing herself into the Ohio, that's a really awful thing. Icky. Dire. It is the drainage river for lots of water headed towards the Mississippi. It has a bunch of junk in it just naturally. I saw two refrigerators float by in one day! Plus it has huge catfish in it. HUGE. And god knows what else. Oh. Beavers live in it, so the river is full of beaver pee and poo. So Beth is being quite dramatic and it is worrisome that she says she's thinking about this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

I am now peeved that you stole my *posted* peeve about scolding and that you're claiming it as your own, so now I have a new peeve to post. GAH!

Also, I used to live in Cincinnati (and before someone says, "Wait. Wut? I thought she lived in Holland, MI, the Bay Area in CA, East of Jesus KY and somewhere in New England?" those are all correct. And there's more!  ... Have I mentioned FML?). To those not familiar with that river, what Beth is proposing, throwing herself into the Ohio, that's a really awful thing. Icky. Dire. It is the drainage river for lots of water headed towards the Mississippi. It has a bunch of junk in it just naturally. I saw two refrigerators float by in one day! Plus it has huge catfish in it. HUGE. And god knows what else. Oh. Beavers live in it, so the river is full of beaver pee and poo. So Beth is being quite dramatic and it is worrisome that she says she's thinking about this.

I am absolutely terrified of water where I can't see what is beneath me. I'm fine in a pool... but lakes? Ponds? Oceans? RIVERS??? Especially the toxic sh*t-hole that is the Ohio?? I get freaked out when I have to drive across the bridges. I also live a block from the waterfront and it makes me mad that I can't enjoy living that close to the river because it terrifies me... lol.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

WOW! Thank you to whichever Linden is spending part of their day off watching the crap-show going on around here today!

Seriously. That was just incredibly fast! They must have set up the IV coffee for the moderators, at last!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I am absolutely terrified of water where I can't see what is beneath me. I'm fine in a pool... but lakes? Ponds? Oceans? RIVERS??? Especially the toxic sh*t-hole that is the Ohio?? I get freaked out when I have to drive across the bridges. I also live a block from the waterfront and it makes me mad that I can't enjoy living that close to the river because it terrifies me... lol.

I kind of get this. I love water. (I'm a Cancerian with Cancer rising ffs fwiw.) Water water water. I can watch it all day long. Lakes, ponds, rivers, streams, oceans, mud puddles... I'm working on an underwater spot now for a friend and I live on a houseboat in SL. Swim swim swim, one of the few athletic things I was good at (and long jumping, wtf?... oh and archery, really good at archery...) Where was I?

Oh yes, water, etc. BUT I CAN'T STAND NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE MY FEET in water. Swimming in anything other than a pool, ew ew ew. And that's knowing that kids pee in pools n stuff. I learned to swim at summer camp, in this little muddy lake in upper lower peninsula Michigan. I was traumatized. NOT because of swimming. I took to swimming like a pro. But ew... the bottom was all squishy. We'd get bumped by what I hope was fish.  In all the years I lived in CA I never swam in the ocean. Have you seen what washes up on those beaches? I waded, but could still see my feet.

And yes, every year you hear of idjits swimming in the Ohio. WTF is wrong with people?

I am sincerely sorry that you can't enjoy the waterfront and bridges freak you out, though, as that goes to quality of life stuff.

Edited by Seicher Rae
putting syllables onto words
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I genuinely feel like I've been sitting here at my desk manically posting for the last few hours, and it doesn't feel healthy to me. I'm stressed, I've got a headache, and I'm just generally feeling crappy now.

I've made pasta. I'm closing this thing down now and finding something entertaining on Netflix and eating myself into a pasta-coma. 

Have a beautifully pleasant evening, everyone. ❤️

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, I genuinely feel like I've been sitting here at my desk manically posting for the last few hours, and it doesn't feel healthy to me. I'm stressed, I've got a headache, and I'm just generally feeling crappy now.

I've made pasta. I'm closing this thing down now and finding something entertaining on Netflix and eating myself into a pasta-coma. 

Have a beautifully pleasant evening, everyone. ❤️

You can do coma with a banana, too...

image.png.c8799d25b426b70acc4d32b2ee7264d5.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

..what Beth is proposing, throwing herself into the Ohio, that's a really awful thing. Icky. Dire. It is the drainage river for lots of water headed towards the Mississippi. It has a bunch of junk in it just naturally. I saw two refrigerators float by in one day! Plus it has huge catfish in it. HUGE. And god knows what else. Oh. Beavers live in it, so the river is full of beaver pee and poo. So Beth is being quite dramatic and it is worrisome that she says she's thinking about this.

Refrigerators occur naturally in rivers?  Wow, who knew?  I'm sure the catfish got huge by eating the contents of refrigerators. 

But beavers don't live in the Ohio River.  Beavers dam up small streams (they aren't good enough engineers to dam the Ohio, although I'm sure they would if they could).  They pee and poo in the ponds that form behind their clever (but relatively small) dams.  Which leaves the Ohio free for all the people pee and poo.  Ick.

So yes, totally dire.  Just don't blame Our Friends, the Beavers.

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

Refrigerators occur naturally in rivers?  Wow, who knew?  I'm sure the catfish got huge by eating the contents of refrigerators. 

But beavers don't live in the Ohio River.  Beavers dam up small streams (they aren't good enough engineers to dam the Ohio, although I'm sure they would if they could).  They pee and poo in the ponds that form behind their clever (but relatively small) dams.  Which leaves the Ohio free for all the people pee and poo.  Ick.

So yes, totally dire.  Just don't blame Our Friends, the Beavers.

In Ohio they do, refrigerators live in rivers that is. (Damnit I knew someone was going to catch that poorly worded bit.)

But au contraire, beavers DO live in the Ohio. I've seen several of them. There was a family that hung out at the same spot fairly frequently. Or maybe they just visit, because I'm not sure where they'd build their dams, because yeah, wouldn't that be awesome to see? A beaver dam of the Ohio. 

I've seen some pretty nasty things float by in the Ohio. I always half expected to see a dead body.

Did you know that the Ohio, before it was messed with by engineers, was very shallow? It could be walked across at places like what is now Cinci!

Also, it is wild to watch a deer swim from KY to OH, or OH to KY as happens. I always get so scared thinking they'll drown, and wonder what on earth is making them swim, but they've made it every time.

Apparently I'm still working off my extra coffee, typey typey.

• Like 1

That IS curious. Or perhaps my brain is just stoned on something that I took when I wasn't here. Where DO the beavers build their dams? The beavers that live on the Ohio? On a ragged bit on the shore? On a little feeder stream? Must. Now. Google.

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They must be the laggards who never got the word they're supposed to build dams, then.

Oddly enough, there are hundreds of creeks branching off from the Ohio. As a matter of fact, what comprises the block between myself and the river is a rather large creek. Humans spend more time around the river, though, and where there are humans, there is food. It’s nothing but a quick paddle from their dam home on the creek to the all you can eat buffet along the river banks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bwahahahaha... the first thing I saw on Google was  this, at this link

image.thumb.png.3b31218d8305ce38f83e44707302aeab.png

And it does say beavers in the Ohio are quite common. But not where they build their nests. Onward with the search. Um... to stay on topic: I'm feeling the need to research Ohio beavers... please read that with a possibility of a double entendre. 

• Haha 1

Aha! The mystery has been solved, with an article from further upstream in Pittsburg. From an article:

PITTSBURGH (AP) — A minor ecological setback took a bite out of Western Pennsylvania Conservancy’s plans to plant thousands of native-species trees throughout Pittsburgh. Another native species, beavers, felled a row of recently planted trees at North Shore Riverfront Park in the shadow of Heinz Field.

Pedestrians walking the Three Rivers Heritage Trail noticed the missing trees Tuesday and Wednesday. On the bank of the Ohio River, between the Mr. Rogers statue and Carnegie Science Center, 16 pointed stumps are what’s left of a row of young 4-inch diameter redbud trees planted by Conservancy staff last fall. No tree trunks, no branches. Just distinctive gnaw marks about 16 inches above the ground, a handful of wood chips surrounding each stump and one pair of beaver footprints pressed into the mud near the riverbank.

The culprits weren’t trying to dam the Ohio River. Like muskrats, some beavers live in holes dug into mud banks with one entrance above the water surface and another below.

We now return the thread to its regularly scheduled programming. This has been a test of the Beaver Preparedness Program, and was only a test.

• Haha 1

Oh. Lord.

This explains a lot. A LOT. I mixed up a couple of pill bottles. So in addition to having too much caffeine today, I had the wrong amount of the wrong chemicals in my system. Plus probably a poisonous bug.

So, um... the burst of posts? Now explained. I'm stoned out of my mind! Yippee.

So KNOWING that, I'll back away from the keyboard.

Sorry folks. 

I hope tomorrow when I reread things that I am still as adorable and hilarious as I think I am now. :)

ETA: I'm standing by the awesomeness of the beaver derail though.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.