Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The area looks really lovely. They do seem similar to the trads inside but there are fewer doors so they feel far more spacious inside,which I think is great, and some of the windows are a bit bigger.  They have a back porch. Patch says they can do some great stuff -  not sure what he means, he's keeping that to himself till they are released I think, but I'm guessing maybe you can change them a bit (remove or add something?) more than just the decor colour.

• Like 1

One Christmas when I was a kid, I decided I couldn't wait until Christmas morning to see what was inside all those shiny wrapped boxes so I carefully peeled away the tape on them to see what was inside when my parents were out doing something. 

Christmas morning, I had not one single surprise and Christmas was ruined. 

It's not that the gifts weren't great - they were! But I already knew beforehand so I couldn't help but feel let down since there is all this excitement and build up to Christmas morning and ripping open the paper to be surprised by the wonderful things inside. I have never even been tempted to peek inside a gift ever since. 

I felt like that this morning standing in a crowd of people anxiously waiting for all the new homes to rezz and then... oh. Victorians. It was that same Christmas morning all over again.

The homes are beautiful and the Moles and Lindens did an amazing job, and I absolutely love Victorian homes... but...

Eh, maybe Theme 5. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

They do look too large for 1024 plots.

From the pics that Pussycat did, showing the plot lines, they look to have roughly the same amount of ground around them for outdoor decorating / landscaping.

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Region theme style of new home style: original_5de91ba673ed173c11ae48b3.png

Ahh, so it is the large boulevards is what we were seeing and not quite sure of.  They do look to have a bit more space around them, not as many neighbors for each house, and thus maybe fewer homes per region.  That might help with some of the Bellisseria lag issues.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Patch is saying here that there will be on average 20 houses per region.

You can see the 'real' sim layout:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP642/123/135/22

- on the map there.

I am guessing the layout screenshot I made above just shows plant style and such. Notice these are a different tree style - reminds me of images of New Orleans / South.

These new trees have names like this:

LH-Victorian - Tree Willow - Mature Large - v1.0
LH-Victorian - Tree E - Todd - v2

etc...

The individual houses have a land impact range from 240-250 - so if you were putting these on mainland they'd zap most of your allowance. But since the root prim is on the governor's land - you don't pay it.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 3

These new homes often have 2 rooms upstairs and a large landing.

original_5de921c2d774f87c5897a9e2.png

Many rooms have a curve:

original_5de91863289dd22690326674.png

Wrap around porches are common:

original_5de91896d9859c1515313ad1.png

These are like no Victorian I have ever seen 'in the real world' - but then my base of understanding is San Francisco, not the South. Only thing these have in common with our Victorians is the curved rooms.

• Like 1

I am a weeee bit disappointed aswell though I LOVE Victorian Houses ant think these are very well done but for one I do not know if I really would prefer LIVING in them (especially with the rather dark and colourfull walls) and beyond that ...

Where are the funny roundish builds we have seen on SSP ??? thay looked like something alltogether new.

There must be mor to come which will be the BIG surprise!

24 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Patch has said these will come out 'in the thousands' - I am wondering if they are going to release a few hundred sims all in one day?

Or if he meant in total over time...

It looks like the entire southern area is ready for release -- or darn close anyway.  Very, very rough count gives 100 or so regions, though not all are full regions.  At approx. 20 homes per, that does give over one thousand, though not sure how much over since some of those counted regions are not holding a full 20 or more homes.   And who knows what the Moles might have hidden somewhere that we can't see.  

When they did the initial release, it was roughly 3300 homes (Traditionals and Houseboats) and it took approx. 48 hours for all of the homes to be taken.  When they did the initial Camper release, they staggered releasing the regions across most of a day, going into the early evening hours even, to help spread it out and give people more chances across different hours of the day.  That Camper release was a bit over 15 regions I think -- though a few of those might have been released later.

Thus I predict at the minimum we'll get the entire southern area that we see released either all at once or with some of the regions slightly staggered throughout a day in an effort to ensure at least some availability into the evening and next day even.

14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Where are the funny roundish builds we have seen on SSP ??? thay looked like something alltogether new.

If you are talking about the large circle in the middle of the below picture, my guess is some sort of park or community area.  If you are talking about the grey oblong stuff, that is the large boulevards and bridges that are shown in Pussycat's picture above.

image.png.91dffee6578dc92e64d1801bae3ada53.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

I am all for getting one of these Victorians and have one open Alt at the moment to get one and will happily release my camper too if need be.

My fav decorating style is what I'd term "Victorian Modern" - so I'd be stoked to play around with one of these houses. Can not wait until we hear of a pending release.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.