Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah.

Groups do get more than, but maybe you mean even more than the 10% bonus.

I like what you say about zones, it is maybe too many zones as you describe it. Zapping inside a visual warning sounds good too.

Yes, I meant the 10% group bonus. It was very difficult to get land for a group in just the right size. I was also buying, slicing up and abadoning. Because the system is now rigged that way.

Buffer zones between the parcels does not have to use so much LI on decor and landscaping as in Belli. They can hold enough LI for group bonuses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Patch, wearing a Halloween shirt:

I have a funny feeling about the timing of all this."

42 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

"time" = date

Perhaps a new theme reveal earlier than expected?

One could go crazy with the speculations here, like the child playing with patch's ears [MUST TYPE QUICK BEFORE THE CUTE KILLS ME] maybe means his Halloween costume will be a werewolf, and therefore the new theme will be Gothic Victorian or whatever, but hey, I'm willing to wait and see.

• Like 1

As usual, it's hard to tell what Patch is up to.  To me, the 18:40 theory seems far-fetched, but stranger things have happened.  His two sentences seem to cast doubt on the date of the next "move", so I thought he might be moving up the announcement of what the new theme will be. 

But since the Christmas Expo opens rather soon, on Dec 5th, it's hard to figure out why moving the announcement date up would be helpful.  Particularly as there doesn't seem to be any other Linden press events scheduled before the expo ... well, there's the Halloween Crawl, but that won't offer much exposure or any interviews, will it?  I suppose that if the camper releases don't seem to be going as well as LL wishes, they might want to rush out another 1024 theme  Still, actual release can follow the announcement by months or just weeks, so even if they wanted to hustle a new theme release out, even before Christmas, why announce it earlier than originally planned? 

Enigma is actually spelled P-A-T-C-H

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

As usual, it's hard to tell what Patch is up to.  To me, the 18:40 theory seems far-fetched, but stranger things have happened.  His two sentences seem to cast doubt on the date of the next "move", so I thought he might be moving up the announcement of what the new theme will be. 

But since the Christmas Expo opens rather soon, on Dec 5th, it's hard to figure out why moving the announcement date up would be helpful.  Particularly as there doesn't seem to be any other Linden press events scheduled before the expo ... well, there's the Halloween Crawl, but that won't offer much exposure or any interviews, will it?  I suppose that if the camper releases don't seem to be going as well as LL wishes, they might want to rush out another 1024 theme  Still, actual release can follow the announcement by months or just weeks, so even if they wanted to hustle a new theme release out, even before Christmas, why announce it earlier than originally planned? 

Enigma is actually spelled P-A-T-C-H

Well they might actually be AHEAD OF SCHEDULE :D.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am really hoping to be completely surprised by whatever the next theme is, and I am really hoping that as the time draws closer, people will be kind enough to put information that they learn from clues in pictures, or studying maps, etc., in a thread that doesn't have the theme in the subject line so those of us who want the surprise element at the expo won't be spoiled by just opening the LH forum. 

It would be even nicer if there was a single thread with SPOILER in the subject line. 

I'm really hoping that it won't be Victorians now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There WERE -- "country Victorians" as described --- especially in the Southern US.   I know because I found them while researching a couple of years ago and built a house based on an authentic country Victorian in Texas.   So not all homes of that time period had tall roofs and tons of gingerbread. And that country style would definitely go well with the trains and such.  

Also it wouldn't be difficult at all to make a new style that would fit into the footprint of the traditional homes.  So that could be a possibility. I am betting on NEW STYLE though as historically Linden Lab doesn't "redo" projects. The Realms (before the complete overhaul) was the only one I can remember that had a retrofit.   

Fun though!!!!

PS.  It could also be something to do with "Super Duper Premium" and larger lots.  I don't really THINK SO, but a possibility. 

These are true Victorian houses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_house

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Perhaps a new theme reveal earlier than expected?

Last October, Patch posted a moving in picture at one of the Traditional houses, wondering who his first trick-or-treater would be, and the Traditionals weren't released for several months after that.  So I don't think the picture now is indication of anything necessarily happening before the planned Christmas Expo preview.  (Though I do wonder if he has a history of moving to new houses in October).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Layla Claven said:

These are true Victorian houses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_house

There were (and are) MANY types of Victorian houses.   That was my point. Maybe some more research is called for. I found MANY photos of "southern Victorian" houses -- all from the same time period.  We typically THINK of Victorians as the gingerbread versions. They were not the ONLY style in the Victorian period.   Patch's photo looks nothing like the ornate versions. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I am really hoping to be completely surprised by whatever the next theme is, and I am really hoping that as the time draws closer, people will be kind enough to put information that they learn from clues in pictures, or studying maps, etc., in a thread that doesn't have the theme in the subject line so those of us who want the surprise element at the expo won't be spoiled by just opening the LH forum. 

It would be even nicer if there was a single thread with SPOILER in the subject line. 

I'm sorry I spoiled your surprise Beth, I was trying not to overturn a different section. Having clear thread titles is the only way we have of directing people towards a topic. Otherwise multiple instances on the same subject would jump up and the effort of trying to use spoiler would be lost in any case.

The forum is gossip central so it's hard to know what you could do to avoid the speculation, especially as so many people enjoy participating in the discussions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There were (and are) MANY types of Victorian houses.   That was my point. Maybe some more research is called for. I found MANY photos of "southern Victorian" houses -- all from the same time period.  We typically THINK of Victorians as the gingerbread versions. They were not the ONLY style in the Victorian period.   Patch's photo looks nothing like the ornate versions. 

The most common style of Victorian houses local to me are certainly not ornate. There are one or two detached houses but the styles are mainly like the terraces pictured below. They don't look too pretty from the outside but they do have some lovely original features (if the owners over the years have not ripped them out)

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-u5JzE6HyYQdd.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-aSsEOHk1bX.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Title 'Gah the plates' which to me anyway, doesn't seem like a hint :D This house looks big to me.

Interesting, two pics in two days.  This move is going quickly! 

I agree, the text is not a hint.  But the pic has some clues as to the house and neighborhood.  All houses visible have 2 stories.  The window here is not elaborately mullioned.  Look at the decor molding on the front of the house outside the window, might be cute!  I see foliage right outside both windows, low ... built-in windowboxes?

I see an evergreen out there, doubt it's Great Plains, as I theorized above! 

The crown moldings are just a touch fancier than in the traditionals, I think, and well mitered, nice touch.  The floorboards look like a broad pine or fir to me.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that there is a mover's tape dispenser somewhere in SL.

Hey,  @Patch Linden  and/or  @Abnor Mole  !  I don't suppose you're able to modify these at this point, but I have a feature request for new 2-story houses!  Have one panel on the side of the house, 2nd floor, that can be either:

> normal wall, OR

> A DOOR!  (this would make having a 2nd floor add-on room MUCH more intuitive and low-prim, because you don't have to add another stairway to it.

nadine.JPG.1835b7ba80961b50413c0bd3bda007e3.JPG

nadine2.JPG.1c79585fb64856fc7d96712e2224ca48.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would be thrilled if the new theme was Victorian. I love anything Victorian and when I'm not traipsing around as a medieval elf, one can find me outfitted as a Victorian elf too! My family will seriously be considering trying for one if this is the case. How absolutely fun!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.