What are you Eating Today?

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

omg ,you never had chocolate covered pretzels before?:o

you have to just try one,you just don't know what you are missing.. Trust me! \o/

choc-pretzels-3-680x853.jpg

Chocolate dipped pretzel rods are my favorite. Completely covered pretzels must be mixed with uncovered ones, so you can move back and forth a little on the sweet/salty scale.

I also love scooping up chocolate ice-cream with pretzels.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

My internist wrote a recommendation/referral to have my gallbladder removed after I had an ultrasound on Tuesday.

Pixie , hugs hugs hugs and you are in my thoughts and prayers  .Not to worry all will be well.   Hugs Hugs Hugs

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Chocolate dipped pretzel rods are my favorite. Completely covered pretzels must be mixed with uncovered ones, so you can move back and forth a little on the sweet/salty scale.

I also love scooping up chocolate ice-cream with pretzels.

I never met a pretzel I didn't like..

Especially the big hot pretzels with the big salt on them..

Oh,I really need to go buy some of those and make them now..

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

omg ,you never had chocolate covered pretzels before?:o

you have to just try one,you just don't know what you are missing.. Trust me! \o/

choc-pretzels-3-680x853.jpg

Combining salt with chocolate is an abomination. The flavors clash, not compliment. 

Most people eat way too much salt and then have a heart attack. As the RL other half recently found out the hard way. Lucky for him I stopped adding much in the way of salt to my cooking years before I ever met him. So now we only have to shop for the no salt added foods. Of which the variety available today is vastly better, compared to 40 years ago when my father ended up with a pacemaker

I don't care for pretzels anyway. Too salty. 

Remember, salt is a preservative. The more you eat, the more damage you do to your body. https://www.verywellhealth.com/eat-it-with-a-grain-of-salt-1958878

ETA: The human body does require small amounts of salt, about 2 grams per day, so you can't cut it from your diet completely. But you can get it naturally just from the foods you do eat so you don't need to add salt to most things.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Combining salt with chocolate is an abomination. The flavors clash, not compliment. 

Most people eat way too much salt and then have a heart attack. As the RL other half recently found out the hard way. Lucky for him I stopped adding much in the way of salt to my cooking years before I ever met him. So now we only have to shop for the no salt added foods. Of which the variety available today is vastly better, compared to 40 years ago when my father ended up with a pacemaker

Remember, salt is a preservative. The more you eat, the more damage you do to your body. https://www.verywellhealth.com/eat-it-with-a-grain-of-salt-1958878

ETA: The human body does require small amounts of salt, about 2 grams per day, so you can't cut it from your diet completely. But you can get it naturally just from the foods you do eat so you don't need to add salt to most things.

A lot depends on what you do as well everyday..it's not good to sit around doing nothing and eating salt or sweets..But working in the heat or working out can do a lot of depleting..

Also too much intake can cause problems more than anything..Eating before bed also..

you can pretty much eat what you want if you burn it off or use the fuel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I knock most of the salt off before eating them. When I make soft pretzels, I use popcorn salt, not the coarse stuff. You eat a lot more salt using big grains, as they don't completely dissolve on your tongue. What you don't taste is wasted, and unhealthy.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I knock most of the salt off before eating them. When I make soft pretzels, I use popcorn salt, not the coarse stuff. You eat a lot more salt using big grains, as they don't completely dissolve on your tongue. What you don't taste is wasted, and unhealthy.

I take the salt off also..I just like how much it salts the pretzel when they are heating up..

The big salts, to eat them is like way too much to put in my mouth..Just one grain overtakes the whole thing..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Unless you are on a low carb diet, then you often actually do need to add a tiny bit of sodium to things.

• Like 1

The work cafe today had fried catfish and cole slaw today.  I grew up eating catfish quite a bit, but my husband does not like it, so I don't cook it.  They don't serve it in very many places here in Colorado - unlike back in Missouri - so I can't really get it easily when we go out to eat.  Thus I just had to give it a try for lunch today, even though I usually tend to avoid fried foods - and it was yummy.

• Like 1

❤️ salt ! Always carry around a few sachets of salt, so I can sprinkle it all over my baked potatoes. Or sometimes I just lick my finger and dab it in a big bag of salt for a quick-fix treat 😎

I reckon the 'experts' behind all these government health warnings about salt intake are just killjoys. 

9 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

But .... chocolate bacon!

Screen-Shot-2019-04-15-at-9.48.02-AM.png

Ok,that one kind of made me not want bacon..hehehehe

About the only time I can handle bacon is when it's on a BLT..

I just never caught that bacon wave that so many enjoy..Maybe it's because my family are cattle people..

We tried hogs at one point and they were just too much trouble..

Cattle are more like.this is where we eat!! This is where we make our stand!! Every day right here in this spot at 5:00 AM and PM!! \o/ hehehehe

Hogs are always like.I gotta get out of here and go over there!!

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

These are delish

Kit-Kat-Ruby-Chocolate-by-Nestle-image-2

I once got a faulty KitKat. It was solid chocolate. Did I complain? NO. They should sell faulty KitKats........

Tonight......prawn starter - with white wine......home made pizza with red wine. Mmmmmmmmmm!

Wine makes me more chatty than normal. 😌

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.