What are you watching today?

The television plays behind me but I'm in the internet. I'm listening to the soundtrack of do not know which movie and am paying attention for the sound not to exceed the level allowed for this time of the day (11:13 pm).

My laptop screen is out of order and consider the options to have it repaired or buy a cheap new system. Am looking in the net for services and products. Am connected through my smartphone, it's happiness to have an alternative when the laptop is off..

So I'm watching my slyernative :)

Has it finally turned into heat advisory 100+ days where you are?  Hiding from the heat?  Are you looking for a show to binge this weekend?  I’m still weeding thru all the things I missed out on while HBO wasn’t available on my cable provider.  -I was really excited to finally see the Watchmen series this week but I just didn’t make it thru all of episode 2.  Watched a few more movies- JoJo Rabbit (Wow!), Inheritance (meh), WW1984 (eh), Birds of Prey (also eh).  Episode 1 of season 1 of Doom Patrol was awesome, but the rest of it has to be watched thru the HBO app & my almost 10 year old tv with a still really just fine picture can’t add apps so I’ll have to squint at the show on my iPad.

Sooooo today I started the reboot-origin story of Perry Mason.  It’s so freaking good!  I’m a tv mystery fan (matlock, Colombo, psych, monk & others) & watched plenty of the original & 90s Mason show over the years.  This has that HBO dark grit to it.  It’s like Hitchcock on steroids.  It’s certainly not for kids, but if you are familiar with HBO you won’t be shocked.  Anyhoo, yes.  👍 make some 🍿 & get comfy on the sofa!  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Sooooo today I started the reboot-origin story of Perry Mason.  It’s so freaking good!  I’m a tv mystery fan (matlock, Colombo, psych, monk & others) & watched plenty of the original & 90s Mason show over the years.  This has that HBO dark grit to it.  It’s like Hitchcock on steroids.  It’s certainly not for kids, but if you are familiar with HBO you won’t be shocked.  Anyhoo, yes.  👍 make some 🍿 & get comfy on the sofa!  

That looks terrific, and I did enjoy Matthew Rhys' performance in The Americans.  I can't get HBO without switching my broadband provider but perhaps one day.  :) 

• Like 1

I'm mostly watching biblical [Jewish and Christian] studies videos, and mostly from three channels at the moment.  One is from a specifically Christian point of view, the others aren't.  These are the three videos I've just watched. 

Then this series of 3.

And this is the specifically Christian one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

That looks terrific, and I did enjoy Matthew Rhys' performance in The Americans.  I can't get HBO without switching my broadband provider but perhaps one day.  :) 

Oh I know how it goes.  For 3 years I didn’t get any Viacom channels (mtv, vh1, Nickelodeon, tv land or AMC *which meant 3 years w/o the walking dead).  HBO just came back  now after over a year of contract disputes.  

It is really good- it’s a different take on the character & deals with a lot of the backwards mindsets of the time, along with being more progressive with casting & character biographies.  

I never saw the most of the Americans.  For some reason we stopped watching during season 3.  I need to finish that one day.   Matthew Rhys was especially good in the Mr. Rogers biography “A beautiful day in the neighborhood.”  I bawled my way thru it.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm mostly watching biblical [Jewish and Christian] studies videos, and mostly from three channels at the moment.  One is from a specifically Christian point of view, the others aren't.  These are the three videos I've just watched. 

Then this series of 3.

And this is the specifically Christian one.

I watched something a few weeks back about the polytheistic practices of the ancient Jews.  That sort of thing I don’t necessarily understand but find interesting to read about.  I think I went down that rabbit hole after watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the billionth time. Somehow I went from asking google “what parts of Raiders has any truth to the ark story” to that topic. 😃

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ansiri said:

I love bird & squirrel watching.   I’ve not had a backyard since having to move across the state for work in 2015.  We are on course to move back to the area we consider “home” in the spring & a prerequisite is a fenced yard with trees so my Boston Terriers can play off leash & I can get back to bird & squirrel watching.  This is from the last home I had a backyard in:  

4C9096CE-A905-4853-B90B-805F9665EFE9.jpeg

101693A9-00AC-4B18-8105-1B1E97DA48C6.jpeg

C5F03A50-35F6-42A1-AD62-0B78363D2A04.jpeg

• Like 1

I just finished watching Hacksaw Ridge while I was doing laundry and getting things ready for the coming day.

I didn't even realize Mel Gibson directed it, even though I've seen it about three times already..

I just really love the love story, as well as how there just was no way Desmond Doss was going to budge from what he truly believed in..

We watched the new Black Widow movie.. OMG it was so good!

Her sister Yelena Belova is so good in it and she is so funny and so bad ass.. She in no way is a side kick in this by no means..

I could watch it again just to see her kick butt and make me laugh and cry, all over again.

I'm not gonna say anything to give anything away even though I really feel like talking about it..I just don't want to wreck it for anyone..

So here's the trailer instead.. hehehe

It’s a gloomy thunderstorm day.  Ripe for hiding inside so I found 3 movies today.  They were all really good. Really legendary actors.  Dark content, not for kids.  I’ve never paid much attention to Jared Leto but his character in the little things made my skin crawl he was so good at being creepy.  👍

• Like 1

i learned today why things used to be counted in sets of 12 and not sets of 10

is at 2:12 of this video. Mr Chaudhray in answer to the question: How many letters are there in the english alphabet?

used the fingers on one hand to to count them. 3 counts per finger. Which corresponds to 3 knuckles per finger. 4 x 3 = 12

he did it again later in the video to answer the question: How many days are there in a calendar year

he looked at his fingers and said there are 12 months. Then counted off the over/under days on his fingers and said: 365

• Like 1