What are you watching today?

A drama around Google Earth? It's got to be a fun watch.

On 9/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

I just finished watching this horror-genre show in 7 episodes.  It has many points of interest for the religious, particularly someone raised Catholic, although the show is ambivalent regarding faith in general, and may upset some.  I liked the slow pace, the absorbing dialogue, the scenery and detail of a windswept northern island, the sound of seagulls, and the range of characters, and I very much enjoyed the singing.  There's little I disliked, but I shook my head at a late monologue by a major female character regarding what happens after death as it sounded hollow and arrogant to me, but then it's not my viewpoint.  There is a spoiler below the video link.

The Haunting of Hill House was remarkably well written, it's horror perfection. So I was excited for Midnight Mass, it felt like a Stephen King adaption with the small town setting, wide range of characters and even an odd priest. All well and good.

From the seven hour runtime, over two hours are sermons and hymns. I can't imagine any show with this length of sermons outside of Evangelical TV. So it's taking a horror trope and exploring it through a congregation's perspective.

The sense of isolation and suspense this show needed never materialized. It's a shame since Mike Flanagan did such a fantastic job on Hill House. By the end this show needed more John Carpenter and less SK.

Seeing the priest(actor) reminded me I need to finish Tell Me Your Secrets, it's been good so far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Because I'm a nerd. . .

I'm a little surprised the fella didn't anticipate the center heavy distribution of his first attempt at (r,θ) creation of points. The area of the θ space into which you're tossing random dots increases with the square of the radius, so the frequency of your dots should, too. So, take the square root of your random radius to compensate. I think he vastly over complicated his analysis. It was interesting, nevertheless. You also knew that transcendentals were gonna kill his timing.

On the subject of nerding, somewhere in inventory, I have a little animated ball demonstration that uses nothing more than addition and multiplication to produce linear, exponential or sinusoidal motion or a binary oscillation within a linear, exponential or sinusoidal envelope. I'll send it to you.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm a little surprised the fella didn't anticipate the center heavy distribution of his first attempt at (r,θ) creation of points. The area of the θ space into which you're tossing random dots) increases with the square of the radius, so the frequency of your dots should, too.

Get a dartsplayer, tell him to go for the bullseye and give him enough lager to get the very same effect.

Edited by TDD123

7 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm a little surprised the fella didn't anticipate the center heavy distribution of his first attempt at (r,θ) creation of points. The area of the θ space into which you're tossing random dots) increases with the square of the radius, so the frequency of your dots should, too. So, take the square root of your random radius to compensate. I think he vastly over complicated his analysis. It was interesting, nevertheless. You also knew that transcendentals were gonna kill his timing.

On the subject of geeking, somewhere in inventory, I have a little animated ball demonstration that uses nothing more than addition and multiplication to produce linear, exponential or sinusoidal motion or a binary oscillation within a linear, exponential or sinusoidal envelope. I'll send it to you.

Oh my god, that explanation just hurt my head! I think in that regards, it was better then the slap video lol! Good job @Madelaine McMasters; me likey! 🙂

Peace...