What are you watching today?

I’m about to bounce out of my seat waiting for Ghostbusters Afterlife to release already (& it was bumped back yet another week recently due to fears of competition w/ some marvel movie ☹️).   So I wound up watching 1&2 & 2016 several times in the last few weeks & yesterday sat down & watched Alien 👽 1, 2, 3, & 4 because- Sigourney Weaver.  Did you know she nick named herself that around 12 years old because she liked the name of a minor character is F.S. Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby?   Also her portrayal of Ridley is considered on of the most important female protagonists in cinematic history?  I didn’t till I ended up going down the 🐇 hole.  
Anyways, I’ve always thought she ((Weaver) just exudes confidence & sophistication.  Like I’d hope I could have turned out lol.  

oh I also watched Prometheus & Covenant today but upon googling found out that those “sequels” aren’t necessarily in line with the original to explain the story.  🤷‍♀️ & alien vs predator doesn’t really count (to me).

A737A0CF-E137-4097-B854-F456EDA24E48.jpeg

• Like 1

Another good one that I'm not watching yet, because it is not out yet as well..

But, It's coming this FALL! \o/

Micheal Gandolfini playing a younger version of his father James Gandolfini's role, Tony Soprano in,

The Many Saints of Newark..

The movie is going to be about Christopher's Father, Dickie Moltisanti, But many of the roles with revolve around the characters of the series..

Micheal Gandolfini, when I first seen the trailer, It was like seeing a young James Gandolfini playing tony Soprano..

Right from the very start when he gives that look from the phone booth, I was like O.O omg it's HIM!

This is gonna be so awesome to see..

So far with this and The matrix 4 coming.. It's looking like it's going to be a good winter for movies..

Just watch how much he fits into his fathers role.. I was awe struck right from the get go..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Another good one that I'm not watching yet, because it is not out yet as well..

But, It's coming this FALL! \o/

Micheal Gandolfini playing a younger version of his father James Gandolfini's role, Tony Soprano in,

The Many Saints of Newark..

The movie is going to be about Christopher's Father, Dickie Moltisanti, But many of the roles with revolve around the characters of the series..

Micheal Gandolfini, when I first seen the trailer, It was like seeing a young James Gandolfini playing tony Soprano..

Right from the very start when he gives that look from the phone booth, I was like O.O omg it's HIM!

This is gonna be so awesome to see..

So far with this and The matrix 4 coming.. It's looking like it's going to be a good winter for movies..

Just watch how much he fits into his fathers role.. I was awe struck right from the get go..

Oh yea,  I know about that one.  My hubby is super stoked. That it’s his RL son, too.  I’m pretty sure hubby is still traumatized by the last scene of the series.  Every once in a while the song will be on tv or in the car & I’ll snap off the volume at juuuuust the right moment 🤪😈

4 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Oh yea,  I know about that one.  My hubby is super stoked. That it’s his RL son, too.  I’m pretty sure hubby is still traumatized by the last scene of the series.  Every once in a while the song will be on tv or in the car & I’ll snap off the volume at juuuuust the right moment 🤪😈

Yea, that last scene of the series I was a bit confused with at first.. Then it kind of all made sense.. He was never going to have a happy ending..

It was something how they set it up like it was going to be a happy ending with the music and everyone coming together.. On the surface..

Then lights out for Tony..:(

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Sad 1

We watched ,RESPECT today..

If anyone isn't familiar with the title, RESPECT is a movie about The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin's life..

As soon as I seen it was up I grabbed it, then gathered everyone around and we all watched it..

She was not only an inspiring woman, But an inspiring person and still is even after she is gone.

I think after watching that movie, She has three more little fans that only ever heard her sing from my play list..

I was getting requests like, Mommy can you play the freedom song? hehehe

Jennifer Hudson did such an amazing job as Aretha Franklin..

I totally recommend this movie, especially if you are a fan of her or soul.

They weren't playing around when they made her Queen..

She gets all my RESPECT..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 12:06 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I found that one fairly entertaining.  The second season is done filming, but not due out until late this year or early next year.

I liked Upload too.   I was googling around to find out when season 2 will come, when I saw a reviewer refuting the assertion that Upload is derivative of The Good Place.  A friend of mine had just logged into her Netflix on my TV a couple of days ago (I guess Netflix allows multiple devices?), so naturally I began to watch, and wow.  I'm sure its been talked about on this thread before, but The Good Place may be the best TV series I've ever seen.  Yes, including The Prisoner.  OMG the WRITING!  I binged it all over the last 2 weeks, and will have to go back and watch it again, more slowly.

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I liked Upload too.   I was googling around to find out when season 2 will come, when I saw a reviewer refuting the assertion that Upload is derivative of The Good Place.  A friend of mine had just logged into her Netflix on my TV a couple of days ago (I guess Netflix allows multiple devices?), so naturally I began to watch, and wow.  I'm sure its been talked about on this thread before, but The Good Place may be the best TV series I've ever seen.  Yes, including The Prisoner.  OMG the WRITING!  I binged it all over the last 2 weeks, and will have to go back and watch it again, more slowly.

Hmm - I've not heard of it.  Not surprising really, considering my on-again/off-again relationship with TV.

I must say that from skimming the description of the storyline, the characters, and some episodes, it probably would not have been one that I'd normally watch

Better than the Prisoner, huh?.  Okay then - I will definitely check it out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell