What are you watching today?

I just finished watching this horror-genre show in 7 episodes.  It has many points of interest for the religious, particularly someone raised Catholic, although the show is ambivalent regarding faith in general, and may upset some.  I liked the slow pace, the absorbing dialogue, the scenery and detail of a windswept northern island, the sound of seagulls, and the range of characters, and I very much enjoyed the singing.  There's little I disliked, but I shook my head at a late monologue by a major female character regarding what happens after death as it sounded hollow and arrogant to me, but then it's not my viewpoint.  There is a spoiler below the video link.

[spoiler space]

I never thought the 'monster' was an angel.  That was given away from his first appearance when it was said he was afraid of the light.  No angel can be afraid of the light.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added more spoiler space.
  • Like 1

I finally got to see The Forever Purge today.   I sat there chuckling that the studio went thru a lot of trouble to get a Josh Lucas lookalike.  It was Josh Lucas 😑

Tonight I’m on YT watching random Ghostbusters things, like people who own replica Ecto-1s & put them in parades or just drive around NYC- how fun would that be to see?!?  My favorite is a clip about how they made Slimer.  He’s adorable.  I peek at entertainment news every morning hoping to not see that the newest movie has been pushed back- again.  👻 

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I liked the first season, but I thought it went downhill quite a bit after that.

I agree.  I was all in on the worm hole and aliens theory in the beginning.  Then later it was all faith and then Noah's ark and the composition of sapphire...  I also really didn't like the character of the young lady that moved in with the main family.

I know they are making one more season to wrap up the story.  I will probably watch it, but only for a bit of closure 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I agree.  I was all in on the worm hole and aliens theory in the beginning.  Then later it was all faith and then Noah's ark and the composition of sapphire...  I also really didn't like the character of the young lady that moved in with the main family.

I know they are making one more season to wrap up the story.  I will probably watch it, but only for a bit of closure 😄

So far,. I am on the "skip it" side.  I came close to not even watching the last few episodes of the 3rd season and I honestly cannt imagine another 20 episodes.

• Haha 1