When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Derendering removes things from view, but the object and its physics shape still exist.  So on Della's parcel, even a FS user would still have to walk around the invisible hedge to get to the shore.

True, I have walked into trees on occasion but the view was worth it.  :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Derendering removes things from view, but the object and its physics shape still exist.  So on Della's parcel, even a FS user would still have to walk around the invisible hedge to get to the shore.

Yes, and that is why I've decided to let the parcel go

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Poinsetta/13/33/32

will release it at 5am slt

• Like 2

I hope all of you have / had a Happy Thanksgiving!!  As we get closer to the end of 2020 please take a moment to look back on this year and find something to be Thankful for.  Even the smallest special moment can be a blessing!  ((BIG HUGS))  to you all!!!

Edited by TarraMcBain
Grammar
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Letting this one go at 10:30.  It has the most adorable little park next door, and generous protected land behind it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nicholasville/59/21/25

Someday, I really want a home in the Northern are of Belli's original continent.  But ... today is not the day.

As far as original continent I have this and this - both been circling and you may have previously owned them or similar, will be letting out in 30 mins anyhoo...

Second Life Maps | Fourze

Second Life Maps | Learmont

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I expect the big release Monday 30th at 8:00 am SLT ... or later

Next week LL's system engineers will be attempting something new.  There are some background web services that haven't yet been uplifted.  They will be doing that next week, and will do rolling restarts of ALL the grid, to explicitly "hook" regions to the uplifted versions.  On Monday, this starts at 3AM, and will go until 3PM.  They will keep at it during subsequent days.  They say they will attempt not to restart regions during their busy times, but that may not always be possible.  They hope that no one region will have to be restarted more than once.

They don't say why they are pushing to get this done, other than that accessing the non-uplifted services is causing a lot of background traffic, longer response times, etc.. 

(Personally, I'm glad they're doing this.  I've seen a fair number of odd but not repeatable behaviors grid-wide this week, and I haven't spent ALL that much time inworld.  I'm on the West Coast (old data center in Arizona, new one in Oregon), so things are working better for me than for my partner on the East Coast, which points to traffic delays as the culprit.  Also, don't be amazed if these restarts take more time than usual - LL may want to keep regions offline for a few minutes to give gateways in between users and the cloud time to timeout old routes to services.  Technically speaking, that isn't necessary, but doing so may smooth the restarts.)

If things go really well on Monday, maybe Patch & team will muscle through and find a window for a release in the 1st 3 days of the week, or maybe LL will decide it's best to wait.  If they are not able to release the stilts next week, they may decide to do it after the Expo, in mid-Dec.  Either way, personally I'd kinda be surprised to see a release Monday. 

Not that I haven't been surprised by LL before!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

While everyone is abandoning their homes in hopes of landing one of the upcoming stilt homes, I am still pining for a trad located up north (Venber, Ketran, Leera, Rutherford, Abiatti) on those gorgeous cliffs overlooking the sea.

If anyone from this area is moving out soon, please please please contact me inworld (makes Puss in Boots eyes)
857124185_Bay_001(1).thumb.jpg.3b63b1a61802c6a378be892485aeddd4.jpg

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.