When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm one of them, I just find them more flexible.

You have LOTS of time, if you have just discovered Belli!  As someone mentioned, there are a lot of things to look at when evaluating a parcel.  Here's a post where I ran through some of my favorite criteria.

That whole thread is like a class in what people love about particular parcels.

I claimed the square HB parcel in Saltmarsh that @Moe McAlpine abandoned recently when it was first released.  A nearly perfect parcel by all criteria, but it just didn't SPEAK to me, I never started furnishing it, and let it go.  As opposed to the less perfect parcel that I posted about above, which I stuffed with every toy in my book within 3 days of getting it, lol.

I still mourn a quirky camper I let go in Antelope Lake; sometimes you just love a place, for no clear reason.

Thank you so much for sharing that thread! It has been lovely to read through and I don't think I would have found it otherwise.  It is nice that, perhaps as an unintended side effect, LL has allowed those of us who enjoy land hunting an affordable outlet versus buying up actual mainland. I've spent many hours just clicking around on the map of mainland continents to see what is out there, but it is such a downer that even when you find a good parcel there you are at the mercy of your neighbors' builds and also having to deal with outdated mole landscaping around you. I really wish they would update the landscaping, especially in upscale old school places like Shermerville where I own a parcel... but then again, much of Shermerville has already been poofed out of existence and they may just phase out the whole darn thing in favor of the new direction they are going with Belliserria. It will be interesting to see where the next few years takes us (Bigger Belliserria parcels? Undeveloped Belliserria land? Would both just turn into the trainwreck we had in the past?). I read an old blog that talked about how Shermerville was a flop because SL residents don't want to live in a community, and I think that has been proven very wrong. The Lindens just didn't know how to implement it properly back in the day.

Still trying to talk my fiance into going premium so we have a third account to catch and release with. I sat him down on the couch with me today when he got home from work to show him my Vic and houseboat and he was impressed, just not impressed enough yet for a third monthly subscription, bwahahaha.

Attaching a picture of my houseboat parcel I snagged earlier, btw. I totally forgot to share it. I'm the Lagoon colored Wallower in the center. Water on two sides and a lighthouse in the distance, woohoo!

Snapshot_003.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Still trying to talk my fiance into going premium so we have a third account to catch and release with. I sat him down on the couch with me today when he got home from work to show him my Vic and houseboat and he was impressed, just not impressed enough yet for a third monthly subscription, bwahahaha.

Re: premium memberships, I pay annually reasoning that the $99 price is offset by L$300 per week paid to me, bringing the price over the year down to a tad over $3 US per month.  That's very affordable, like one cup of Starbucks.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Re: premium memberships, I pay annually reasoning that the $99 price is offset by L$300 per week paid to me, bringing the price over the year down to a tad over $3 US per month.  That's very affordable, like one cup of Starbucks.

not to mention the free 1024, which can be used for mainland as well as Bellisseria

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Will abandon in about half an hour at 7:30 am SLT

Sweet!   I love houseboats but am taking a bit of a break to explore Traditionals which I think are underappreciated.  With all the add-ons available from our fabulous creators, I have had three Trads with three completely different looks.

One random question/thought:  when the Stilts open up, if we are hunting houseboats, we will not have any way on the land page to distinguish between HBs in the new Stilt areas and HBs in the older areas.  Or will we?

• Like 2

Just now, Leora Greenwood said:

Sweet!   I love houseboats but am taking a bit of a break to explore Traditionals which I think are underappreciated.  With all the add-ons available from our fabulous creators, I have had three Trads with three completely different looks.

One random question/thought:  when the Stilts open up, if we are hunting houseboats, we will not have any way on the land page to distinguish between HBs in the new Stilt areas and HBs in the older areas.  Or will we?

Nope. You only know theme type not location. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I thought about Chloe as well but, like you, remembered she is looking for tracks in front. (I don't think I've ever caught one of those!)

43 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

That was me! I was going to contact @Chloe Dolores about it  until I realized she wanted tracks in the front.

Yup, tracks at the front :) #tia if anyone catches one / lets one out

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:
22 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Logging on my alt now to toss a trad in Deermoor. Corner parcel with railroad track running right behind it. :) 

Whoever caught this one threw it back, and now I am throwing it back again. 😂

One of my alts nabbed it yesterday and I'm going to hang on to it for a bit.  There is another one that I'm trying for today - coordinating with the current owner who wants to release it.  If I get that one, then this Deermoor will get tossed back.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Private with a very cute entrance, this Trad going back at 11:30.  The mole-pond up the hill in back has a sitting bench and a couple of angle-fishies.  ETA: I derendered a tree next to the red one on that median so as to get a clear pic.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cobbs Market/132/223/30

624271446_CobbsMarket_001.thumb.jpg.024c736d50ad52868eb52dbccd3270ed.jpg

Taken within 2 minutes.  Sorry, Lil, I didn't see your post, had to take care of things RL as soon as I posted this.  And must do so again now ... enjoy, new owner, it's a real cute neighborhood!

Luzia and I managed a wonderful handoff -- so I am now the proud new owner of that spot,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.