When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Square is better than rectangle.

Except for the people who think rectangles are better. ;)

There are pro's and con's to both! I have had both, and liked them equally for different reasons. A lot of it had to do with the location of the parcel itself in relation to its surroundings and other boats in the area, as well as the orientation of the various models on the particular parcel. There is no one right answer to the question because there are too many variables. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There are pro's and con's to both! I have had both, and liked them equally for different reasons. A lot of it had to do with the location of the parcel itself in relation to its surroundings and other boats in the area, as well as the orientation of the various models on the particular parcel. There is no one right answer to the question because there are too many variables. 

Thank you for this clarification as well, I like knowing that there are pros to both and I shouldn't feel too scared to release one houseboat parcel in order to roll for something different. Seems like they might not be as risky to lose as a particularly good home parcel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Thank you for this clarification as well, I like knowing that there are pros to both and I shouldn't feel too scared to release one houseboat parcel in order to roll for something different. Seems like they might not be as risky to lose as a particularly good home parcel.

Square houseboats rotates, rectangles do not.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

HBs are a bit more plentiful at the moment due to the upcoming stilt homes release, but in general, they tend to be scarce on the LP.

I'd say right now is a pretty decent time to try to catch a HB, so if you are inclined to gamble, this might be when you should consider doing so. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I would like to see a screenshot of this, because I am at my square HB parcel right now, not seeing this option on the menu.

On rectangle houseboat parcels, every houseboat faces the same way, no matter the type. For squares, it is varied. To clarify, even though you cannot specify rotation, all of the styles don't face the same way. Some are in/out or left/right, etc.

1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

On rectangle houseboat parcels, every houseboat faces the same way, no matter the type. For squares, it is varied. To clarify, even though you cannot specify rotation, all of the styles don't face the same way. Some are in/out or left/right, etc.

Which is the same thing I said about orientation of the various models of boats. OK. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the GoH!

Please be aware that Houseboats have historically been VERY sought after and thus hard to find. Seeing them on the LH page is usually a rarity. This may well change once the stilts are released, but at the moment I'd hate for you to reroll a Houseboat only for you not to be able to get another one for some time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the GoH!

Please be aware that Houseboats have historically been VERY sought after and thus hard to find. Seeing them on the LH page is usually a rarity. This may well change once the stilts are released, but at the moment I'd hate for you to reroll a Houseboat only for you not to be able to get another one for some time.

Thank you so much! I'll likely stick with this for now but those stilts will be VERY tempting when they hit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Square houseboats rotates, rectangles do not.

Campers can be rotated, via the house selection menu.  Houseboats cannot be rotated.

Houseboats on rectangular parcels all have one end against the land area (or against a pier with another houseboat against the other side of the pier). Whereas the square parcels will always have one side against the land area (or against a pier with another houseboat against the other side of the pier). 

IF the houseboats were driveable, you could drive the rectangle houseboat straight out of its parcel. However, it would take lots of back & forth maneuvering to get a houseboat out of a square parcel.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm one of them, I just find them more flexible.

1 hour ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Thank you so much! I'll likely stick with this for now but those stilts will be VERY tempting when they hit.

You have LOTS of time, if you have just discovered Belli!  As someone mentioned, there are a lot of things to look at when evaluating a parcel.  Here's a post where I ran through some of my favorite criteria.

That whole thread is like a class in what people love about particular parcels.

I claimed the square HB parcel in Saltmarsh that @Moe McAlpine abandoned recently when it was first released.  A nearly perfect parcel by all criteria, but it just didn't SPEAK to me, I never started furnishing it, and let it go.  As opposed to the less perfect parcel that I posted about above, which I stuffed with every toy in my book within 3 days of getting it, lol.

I still mourn a quirky camper I let go in Antelope Lake; sometimes you just love a place, for no clear reason.

• Like 8

Private with a very cute entrance, this Trad going back at 11:30.  The mole-pond up the hill in back has a sitting bench and a couple of angle-fishies.  ETA: I derendered a tree next to the red one on that median so as to get a clear pic.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cobbs Market/132/223/30

624271446_CobbsMarket_001.thumb.jpg.024c736d50ad52868eb52dbccd3270ed.jpg

Taken within 2 minutes.  Sorry, Lil, I didn't see your post, had to take care of things RL as soon as I posted this.  And must do so again now ... enjoy, new owner, it's a real cute neighborhood!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Private with a very cute entrance, this Trad going back at 11:30.  The mole-pond up the hill in back has a sitting bench and a couple of angle-fishies.  ETA: I derendered a tree next to the red one on that median so as to get a clear pic.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cobbs Market/132/223/30

624271446_CobbsMarket_001.thumb.jpg.024c736d50ad52868eb52dbccd3270ed.jpg

Want, want, want.

:)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Missbehavin Neva said:

Letting go of my cabin.  I have a main home on water elsewhere that I am so in love with.   I need time to pack my stuff up so I will be letting this go at.... 3:00 pm SLT 

The pics are of the Overlook with my add-ons. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Putney/217/216/52

Cabin in Putney 1_001.jpg

Cabin in Putney 2_001.jpg

Cabin in Putney 2_002.jpg

OMG I missed it didn't I :(

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.