When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, iBrat said:

Last one...

For the woodsy, river loghome lovers going at 8.20...11.20 SLT

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hardly There/204/88/0

loggy.jpg

Was that named 'gggggggggg'? I believe this may be a clone of my place in Comfy - was curious why you abandoned it.  Are there any absolutely unique Log Home regions?

I don't have a problem with cloned regions, because I believe that which house we choose, and how we decorate and landscape, will make each place unique. I visited the place in Hardly There because I wanted to see what could be done on a similar plot. Visiting the different Log Home regions gives me lots of good ideas.

Edited by Rufferta
Second thoughts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

Was that named 'gggggggggg'? I believe this may be a clone of my place in Comfy - was curious why you abandoned it. Also curious about the many cloned regions - the map shows at least four 'square river' areas, and the Comfy/Hardly there 'short river' region seems to have at least two clones. Are there any absolutely unique Log Home regions?

Loved it, but at some point I had to go back to one premium account...

So I picked my favo :D

I don't know about clones.

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, TarraMcBain said:

I just went through 3 alts trying for Hardly There and kept getting the same 5 spots over and over again ..  I'm really getting tired of this .. you would think they can see the same IP address and not give you sh*t everytime.  Sorry just getting frustrated ..  everytime a new area gets released I get the abandons over and ove again

We can totally relate to this, we never get a new release unless it's a second rate house that someone else has abandoned and we look around and see everyone landing beautiful parcels. I think they do earmark some people who are jumping to look for the parcel that suits them to get only abandons. Just my opinion and LL is welcome to prove us wrong please. 

We just landed Moleborough again after an 8 hour wait.  The new Buttermore !!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

I appreciate knowing others are not landing new parcels. If this was true that everyone is only getting abandons each release than nobody here would be offering prime water spots to toss back to people. 

I know you are sure that LL is picking on some people, but I am just as sure that is not the case. The reason some people have prime spots to give back is that they play very determinedly, usually using several (or more) alts at once.

It's a game of chance, and the harder you work at it, the better your results will be. In no way does that mean that LL plays favorites. It's random, and those who put in the most effort are usually the ones who are the most rewarded. It has nothing to do with some people being "flagged" to only get abandons, but you are going to believe whatever you want to believe. :) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

We can totally relate to this, we never get a new release unless it's a second rate house that someone else has abandoned and we look around and see everyone landing beautiful parcels. I think they do earmark some people who are jumping to look for the parcel that suits them to get only abandons.

Nonsense. It's all down to luck and perseverance. It took me 18 attempts with 2 premium accounts over 3+ days to get my first waterside loghouse parcel. Since then I've landed 5 more, 3 of them abandons from regions released a day or two earlier, and 2 fresh releases. I'm currently holding only 1. As the other alt is already paid for for the month, I've been grabbing what I can, and getting some really lovely abandons (Vics and loghouses), which I've released after publicizing here. No one is being targeted for success or failure.

• Like 11

@TarraMcBain, @Ethereal Silvercloud , don't feel bad.  I have 1, sometimes 2, avies looking for log homes.  Yesterday I spent all 10 tries, spaced throughout the day, trying to get Hardly There or Whistlepunk.  Got 3 different parcels in Whistlepunk with lots of neighbors deep in the interior, nothing near the interesting SSPE borders or ponds.  I don't recall getting anything in Hardly There.  Got one really interesting parcel in Gold Spittoon, an entirely forested region, that faced a subtle path going up a hill to a mole campfire nestled in a dale.  Hill in back, if it weren't for two close side neighbors right in line with the house I would have kept it.  I don't have to have a classically beautiful water view to be happy in Logland.

This morning I refreshed once and got this handsome abandon in Pawnee Junction, a clone of Hopalong and many other regions.  Excellent privacy, rare in a parcel that doesn't have a hill right next door.  You can see the rez zone  & picnic area right across the river, an easy reach from the lawn.  And yes, that white dot is me, starting to build a clone of Marianne's Overlook addon deck.  Please do not stop by and laugh.  Well, OK, you can.

Pawnee.JPG.329f30d804f244a56b4afab8e6e94b87.JPG

Why was this abandoned?  Well, we never know, but there were two houses rezzed on it when I arrived.  That was quickly fixed using Live Chat.  The bank to the river is a little steep, some people don't like that.  You can't make a Grand View face the water here.  *shrugs*  It's a very pretty place, has a good feel to it.  I don't know that we'll keep it, but it was a relief to get something worth thinking about!  They're out there, you just have to persist.  And when you have few tries available to you, I think spacing them out, as one of you mentioned, works best.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I know you are sure that LL is picking on some people, but I am just as sure that is not the case. The reason some people have prime spots to give back is that they play very determinedly, usually using several (or more) alts at once.

It's a game of chance, and the harder you work at it, the better your results will be. In no way does that mean that LL plays favorites. It's random, and those who put in the most effort are usually the ones who are the most rewarded. It has nothing to do with some people being "flagged" to only get abandons, but you are going to believe whatever you want to believe. :) 

Hi Sylvia, We work at it about 18 hours a day following this thread and then scoping the land and checking out the terrain which we enjoy , we only have 5 tries a day. Sometimes we keep a parcel for awhile to see if we can settle. but yes I still do believe they set up that people who jump a lot get abandons first , I don't think it's personal though. Just somehow preference is given to new people signing up etc... not to capture the abandons. Just our belief because we have tried at new releases for months and never landed anything. That's vics, there have been 2 abandons we got on the water that weren't dream places but on the water that was after 3 months. We do realise that having only 5 tries a day limits us to the people who have 20 - 30 plus tries a day. Hence our frustration. We would have 10 tries but I settled on a Charlie Brown parcel that has the unique feature that rotates to view only the large hill behind it with redwoods there and the road and other houses are very far away , so we created a lovely spot in a sim that has no water , etc... with our own river, but this does take up a lot of prims.  We will probably end up doing the same thing with our next plot after we try until the log homes are all gone . In truth though we have no idea how the system for getting LL works , they say it's random. 🙂

Edited by Ethereal Silvercloud
add something
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

Sometimes we keep a parcel for awhile to see if we can settle. but yes I still do believe they set up that people who jump get abandons, I don't think it's personal though. Just somehow preference is give to new people signing up etc... not to capture the abandons.

That really doesn't fit my experience. I mean, few folks have been hoppers longer than Nika and her not-that-many alts, I started this thread after all, and yesterday I got 3 parcels during the release of a new region I was trying for.  It was pretty early in the release, I doubt they were all abandons.  Yes, later I struck out totally with Hardly There, but when I pounce on new releases, I often get SOMETHING.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That really doesn't fit my experience. I mean, few folks have been hoppers longer than Nika and her not-that-many alts, I started this thread after all, and yesterday I got 3 parcels during the release of a new region I was trying for.  It was pretty early in the release, I doubt they were all abandons.  Yes, later I struck out totally with Hardly There, but when I pounce on new releases, I often get SOMETHING.

We just must not be jammy then, maybe we'll go rub the tummy of a buddha or something for luck.  Thanks for your reply we'll keep trying 🙂

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

Hi Sylvia, We work at it about 18 hours a day following this thread and then scoping the land and checking out the terrain which we enjoy , we only have 5 tries a day. Sometimes we keep a parcel for awhile to see if we can settle. but yes I still do believe they set up that people who jump a lot get abandons first , I don't think it's personal though. Just somehow preference is given to new people signing up etc... not to capture the abandons. Just our belief because we have tried at new releases for months and never landed anything. That's vics, there have been 2 abandons we got on the water that weren't dream places but on the water that was after 3 months. We do realise that having only 5 tries a day limits us to the people who have 20 - 30 plus tries a day. Hence our frustration. We would have 10 tries but I settled on a Charlie Brown parcel that has the unique feature that rotates to view only the large hill behind it with redwoods there and the road and other houses are very far away , so we created a lovely spot in a sim that has no water , etc... with our own river, but this does take up a lot of prims.  We will probably end up doing the same thing with our next plot after we try until the log homes are all gone . In truth though we have no idea how the system for getting LL works , they say it's random. 🙂

I will make one more point and then I'm done, but I do hope you will stop and consider the logic behind this: If the same few people are getting the best new parcels over and over, doesn't that make them "people who jump a lot"?

And if they are people who jump a lot, why are they getting the best of the new locations instead of getting abandoned homes?

Sometimes bad luck is just delayed good luck. We've seen so many people over the past year post in frustration that they are so sure they will never get what they want, but... they always do, eventually.

Oh, and one more thing: I have an alt who is only about a week old. Almost every home she's caught has been an abandoned one. 

With that, I'm back to watching the map for new releases. Good luck!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I have caught countless great abandons.

I have caught countless great new releases.

I have caught countless plots that were not right for me.

I abandoned countless plots too. 

(Main acc and new alts.)

Good luck...

• Like 8

Btw, I don't think anyone mentioned the release last night of Jaarin, one of the loop-type regions with 3 or 4 cool homes that have a river on one side and a narrow strip of SSPE land leading to a high hill on the other.  If you get an abandon from there, look closely before you toss it back!

• Like 7

I’ve been playing the game of homes like many of you, looking for that ‘perfect’ home & getting disappointed when I could never snag one. I wanted water, not across the road but right on water & neighbours not too close. Me & everyone else it seems. Tonight though I got a house that is nowhere near water but something made me stop & take a closer look before hitting that abandon button. There is a house at the back, side on to me that is easily hidden by trees, on one side another house with a large gap between us, also easily hidden. Across the road there is one house, also side on so we are not staring into each other’s front window & the best bit, one whole side of hill & trees. I threw out a few plants to see how it could look & I’m keeping it. It’s so private. To everyone still looking, hang in there. You’ll find what you are looking for.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TarraMcBain said:

Good morning Rolfe has released 

I got a great parcel there, in front of two lakes and a 'fake' ocean view (I guess it will be a trail or a new region once Moles start developing the land), but I'm happy for now. After a week of just getting 'meh cabins', as my lovely Sylvia says 🤣, I managed to get a great abandon by a lake last night and this new one in Rolfe. 

I will probably be leaving one since I want to cut down alts, so I will announce it here when I make up my mind. 

So, to all the lovely people here thinking they can't get a great water view spot, as it's been mentioned: persist, it might some time (or many many many attempts!!!!!!), but it is achievable. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.