When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/19/2020 at 3:50 PM, Nika Talaj said:

You can chase a given parcel, and if it's part of a clone build, chase it over and over in LogLand.  But with the abandons and continuously releasing regions, it is SO unlikely that you will score a particular parcel that you desire. 

But sometimes a parcel chooses YOU.

After releasing my nice watery parcel this morning, I was looking forward to a long few days of hopping while looking for something unique to LogLand.  I only had time for one roll of the dice this morning, tho, so I took a deep breath and slowly chose my moment.  I really did!  And got this.  Mashed potatoes and all.

541008272_Closeencounters_001.thumb.png.63a5f77daf044c52af15d6610e638724.png

Close Encounters in the back yard!  It looks far away because it's so HUGE (108m tall).  The view from the top is unbelievable. We sure were not looking for this.  The moles did a really great job, btw, scraggly pine forest around it and all.  Here's the original.

1194px-Devils_Tower_NM_Wyoming.JPG

We weren't looking for it.  I think we have to look to Roy Neary, tho, for advice on what you do when it comes looking for YOU.

I think I saw a post saying there is a bowl of mash potatoes at the top the that huge column.  If you go exploring, let us know if the rumor is true!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Faydra Foden said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tivoli/181/128/54

Will be putting this back in a few minutes

I snagged that one.  I think I'll keep it.  That leaves me with just 1 hopper.  I am in no rush since there are some amazing areas that don't even have houses on them, yet.  Yay for being patient. 

c1_002.png

• Like 11

I was sneaking around the new vickies area and I went "out of bounds" and discoverd a named water sim that is showing as a void on the World Map...so I flew around and mapped several sims as they have been laid out (lots of new land is now attached to Rolfe and Chuckle Pond!) there were a few SPPE11s (cabins?)and a few new SSPE10s (has been used for vickies)and noticed the mixed areas were SSPE14s.

452224806_detectivework.thumb.jpg.872c2989bf73a314e49a031ee5d2be5a.jpg

Edited by Faydra Foden
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It is hard when you can't get into a region you've wanted, then see what appears to be related alts taking up homes side by side, like I saw earlier today. I'm all for using alts, but maybe only one at a time during a release would be nice. 😛 

This is pretty much what has been our frustration during log home releases besides us so far always seeming to catch abandons. We notice the same things , a lot of alts seeming to be related  rezzing all over the place, while we stand in our second hand plot .  Kind of makes a person want to give up. They wait and want certain areas and seem to always get them somehow.  We are developing an appreciation for offbeat parcels and regions, since this is where we most likely will end up with our second parcel ( just like our first ) when all the log homes are sent out. 

We too don't mind people having some extra alts we have just ourselves no alt extra premium accounts . I've heard there are some with 20 alts ? don't know if it's true, but still there is not a limit as LL told us when we asked them .But It's kind of like rl when the wealthy buy up all the Seaview plots, etc...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Faydra Foden said:

I was sneaking around the new vickies area and I went "out of bounds" and discoverd a named water sim that is showing as a void on the World Map..

I think folks who follow the SSP thread would be really interested in this.  Good find!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

This is pretty much what has been our frustration during log home releases besides us so far always seeming to catch abandons. We notice the same things , a lot of alts seeming to be related  rezzing all over the place, while we stand in our second hand plot .  Kind of makes a person want to give up. They wait and want certain areas and seem to always get them somehow.  We are developing an appreciation for offbeat parcels and regions, since this is where we most likely will end up with our second parcel ( just like our first ) when all the log homes are sent out. 

We too don't mind people having some extra alts we have just ourselves no alt extra premium accounts . I've heard there are some with 20 alts ? don't know if it's true, but still there is not a limit as LL told us when we asked them .But It's kind of like rl when the wealthy buy up all the Seaview plots, etc...

I used to get really fed up with this kind of behaviour as well, but now I think that these are the kind of people who, for whatever reason, shell out and keep second life going so I can slide in with my one premium account, enjoy the whole thing on a casual level, and on a much smaller budget. If it weren't for the whales, we'd be sunk.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm all for using alts, but maybe only one at a time during a release would be nice. 😛 

why limit paying customers by excluding them for getting the product they paid for upfront?
It's a common thing that things that can be wrongly used... wíll be wrongly used. But preventing things like this will also touch the ones with just one or two hoppers.

20 April 2020 @ 9:21am SLT/PDT

Home Type Available
Campers 63
Houseboats 0
Log Homes 1897
Traditional 1
Victorian 1

with so many available it doesnt look a urgent matter to me.

of course : it's not fun to see others grab houses you like... but thats happening since start of Belli. See how few got a real great camper, trad or vic .. there's less water than we would want.

• Like 3

Personally I think people focus way too much on the new releases.  Every single water view parcel I have gotten has been an abandoned one.   My traditional is a water view one and is actually a house I looked at before it was released.  Someone abandoned it months later.  My victorian and all the campers I have gotten that were water view, also all abandoned.

I got this log house a few weeks ago and this one was also abandoned.

I can either make myself feel like I am on a lake with a view of other houses or that I am on a big big lake with just a water view!  And someone abandoned this.

530243362_loghome2_001.thumb.jpg.8050ee3719a26d628c896137049db258.jpg95084753_loghome1_001.thumb.jpg.b6303e9846b7c83ea7140d08fa6bbd4d.jpg

I don't have a problem with people using alts, I use them myself.    Water views for the log homes are much harder to get as there is not as many and there is no coastal views either. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Home Type Available
Campers 63
Houseboats 0
Log Homes 1897
Traditional 1
Victorian 1

For non logical reasons the log home release has got bundled up emotionally with the current world situation for me. I keep looking at that tally (log homes available) go down, and somehow hope we'll all be in a better place by the time things move on, and it gets to zero. For that reason I can't wait for this release phase to be over and to move onto other things.
I know it doesn't make sense

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

For non logical reasons the log home release has got bundled up emotionally with the current world situation for me. I keep looking at that tally (log homes available) go down, and somehow hope we'll all be in a better place by the time things move on, and it gets to zero. For that reason I can't wait for this release phase to be over and to move onto other things.

I think you make prefect sense :) .

• Like 4

On 4/19/2020 at 6:50 PM, Nika Talaj said:

You can chase a given parcel, and if it's part of a clone build, chase it over and over in LogLand.  But with the abandons and continuously releasing regions, it is SO unlikely that you will score a particular parcel that you desire. 

But sometimes a parcel chooses YOU.

After releasing my nice watery parcel this morning, I was looking forward to a long few days of hopping while looking for something unique to LogLand.  I only had time for one roll of the dice this morning, tho, so I took a deep breath and slowly chose my moment.  I really did!  And got this.  Mashed potatoes and all.

541008272_Closeencounters_001.thumb.png.63a5f77daf044c52af15d6610e638724.png

Close Encounters in the back yard!  It looks far away because it's so HUGE (108m tall).  The view from the top is unbelievable. We sure were not looking for this.  The moles did a really great job, btw, scraggly pine forest around it and all.  Here's the original.

1194px-Devils_Tower_NM_Wyoming.JPG

We weren't looking for it.  I think we have to look to Roy Neary, tho, for advice on what you do when it comes looking for YOU.

This, is a fantastic parcel, congratulations!

I've stopped looking now myself with log homes. After landing the parcel in Honeyyard which is a corner with fantastic water views, and that little extended piece of land from the neighboring region attached, my search is over. It was exactly what I could have hoped for.  I have a few others, some I'll keep because I like decorating different style homes and well, there ARE 4 of them 😛 but I really don't have time for all of them let alone the other homes I have (Vics, Trads, Houseboat) so I'll have to make some hard decisions shortly. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

why limit paying customers by excluding them for getting the product they paid for upfront?
It's a common thing that things that can be wrongly used... wíll be wrongly used. But preventing things like this will also touch the ones with just one or two hoppers.

20 April 2020 @ 9:21am SLT/PDT

Home Type Available
Campers 63
Houseboats 0
Log Homes 1897
Traditional 1
Victorian 1

of course : it's not fun to see others grab houses you like... but thats happening since start of Belli. See how few got a real great camper, trad or vic .. there's less water than we would want.

I'm not excluding anyone. I clearly said that I'm all for people having alts; in fact, I have alts in LH myself and that has never been a secret. I am a paying customer and well aware of what benefits we are paying for.

What I have not done is send my alts all in to hammer on a new release at the same time, taking as many homes as I can get with my army, and thereby excluding everyone else. What I said is that maybe it would be nice if people did not do that. 

There are not 1897 homes all available at the same time in a single new region release. There are what, maybe a dozen? So a couple of people with many alts come in and take as many of those as they can get, leaving others in the cold. 

I also didn't ask that any rule be made to "prevent things like this". I merely mused that it might be nice if people did not behave like this. When I can stand there and watch homes being claimed in a new region, and see that several are owned by the same person, it seems awfully "grabby hands" to me. *shrug*

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not excluding anyone. I clearly said that I'm all for people having alts; in fact, I have alts in LH myself and that has never been a secret. I am a paying customer and well aware of what benefits we are paying for.

What I have not done is send my alts all in to hammer on a new release at the same time, taking as many homes as I can get with my army, and thereby excluding everyone else. What I said is that maybe it would be nice if people did not do that. 

There are not 1897 homes all available at the same time in a single new region release. There are what, maybe a dozen? So a couple of people with many alts come in and take as many of those as they can get, leaving others in the cold. 

I also didn't ask that any rule be made to "prevent things like this". I merely mused that it might be nice if people did not behave like this. When I can stand there and watch homes being claimed in a new region, and see that several are owned by the same person, it seems awfully "grabby hands" to me. *shrug*

I don't care how many alts or homes someone has but this situation can result in others using up their 5 tries on a region they like, and failing.  If a grabby-alts person then abandons the parcels, it's too late.  There's only one region I'm interested in right now - it hasn't yet been released but I fear the same thing will happen there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't care how many alts or homes someone has but this situation can result in others using up their 5 tries on a region they like, and failing.  If a grabby-alts person then abandons the parcels, it's too late.  There's only one region I'm interested in right now - it hasn't yet been released but I fear the same thing will happen there.

I guess under those circumstances it might be strategic to wait, and not use the five goes when the region first goes live?
Maybe sit and watch?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, karynmaria said:

Personally I think people focus way too much on the new releases.  Every single water view parcel I have gotten has been an abandoned one.   My traditional is a water view one and is actually a house I looked at before it was released.  Someone abandoned it months later.  My victorian and all the campers I have gotten that were water view, also all abandoned.

I got this log house a few weeks ago and this one was also abandoned.

I can either make myself feel like I am on a lake with a view of other houses or that I am on a big big lake with just a water view!  And someone abandoned this.

530243362_loghome2_001.thumb.jpg.8050ee3719a26d628c896137049db258.jpg95084753_loghome1_001.thumb.jpg.b6303e9846b7c83ea7140d08fa6bbd4d.jpg

I don't have a problem with people using alts, I use them myself.    Water views for the log homes are much harder to get as there is not as many and there is no coastal views either. 

Wow what a picture!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guess what? I roll multiple alts on releases I really want, and I mostly end up plugging holes (bad houses) for everyone not just myself! (lol)

It's really rare that I will hit more than one decent spot---and when I do I put most back asap, but I dont dump and hop because I know if I do I most likely will be right back in the same houses I didn't want again anyway. I think two times I actually "monopolized " good spots in a release, and that is after dozens and dozens of region releases--including trads and vickies. 

I have burned 4 alts (20 rolls) in a few drops too (Birch Hill---see Devils Tower post) and Porridge Pot, and gotten two things: jack and sh!t <---roflmao

Edited by Faydra Foden
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Exactly. If we weren't limited to 5 tries, then it would be different.

17 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I guess under those circumstances it might be strategic to wait, and not use the five goes when the region first goes live?
Maybe sit and watch?

I don't think putting the burden on everyone else to hoard their 5 tries like a squirrel with nuts while watching the armies move through the new region is the best answer, but it's probably the only practical answer. I was just being silly thinking that maybe the army generals would take a break now and then.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

In a way it makes sense.  Hovering over the map anxiously waiting for a region you like to release, or just watching the tally go down, is a lot like repetitively refreshing CNN, hoping for good news.

For me, being in SL lately can be a really relaxing getaway.  But ONLY If I really immerse in it, which I can do easily while at a blues club, scripting, decorating, or just hanging with my partner.  I only have blocks of contiguous time to do that late at night, which is why I don't attend the Belli social events; they're all during the SL day.  During the day I can hop and do forums, because each post or hop only takes a few minutes.  And I only have 5 tries/day now, so it's not a lot of time.

I'm concerned about the Log Home release becoming a source of anxiety to you.  After this huge bolus passes, the SSPE regions will be built out, lalala ...log homes will be releasing for quite a while.  Maybe ignore the releases for a couple of weeks, and just sail/socialize/build and play with windlight for a while?  Make a travelogue like Rolig does, for the Linden Homes Photo thread?  Or, if hopping is still a pleasure but the Log Homes act as a trigger, just hop trads/campers/and boats?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

Speaking of waterside log homes, i'll be letting go of this place at some point today: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aconti/41/67/51

It's my last day of premium and I can't really afford to hold another month for now.

Best of luck to whoever gets it when I give it the boot!

When do you think you'll release it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

every clicking account does have the same chance to get a home i think .. and i can't imagine there are people with hundreds of alts occupieing all new releases.. with every new very wanted region they'll release the other?.. and so be available?
In my opinion this is the same as the complaints we got in Belli where the first home owners had multiple themes while thousends still were waiting. One big difference.. there are homes available now, in the past there weren't.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

every clicking account does have the same chance to get a home i think .. and i can't imagine there are people with hundreds of alts occupieing all new releases.. with every new very wanted region they'll release the other?.. and so be available?
In my opinion this is the same as the complaints we got in Belli where the first home owners had multiple themes while thousends still were waiting. One big difference.. there are homes available now, in the past there weren't.

Clearly we are not communicating, and I will leave it at that. ;) 

Even though I'm not as keen on the log homes, I've enjoyed landing some great abandons during this major release. I've gone on to relinquish most of those great abandons, too. A couple of my hopping alts are getting ready to retire. It's interesting to see my criteria evolve as each new theme has been introduced to Bellisseria. The homes that have become my favorites are ones that give me water access to kayak throughout Belli. It's a wonderful way to explore this great continent.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.